Photopass+ Pre-order specials now available

Took a quick look at these offers and am amazed. WDW charges $170 for this, while DLR charges $70. The $100 difference is due to what? Perhaps the expectation that people will be spending more time at WDW than DLR and thus have more pictures?

At any rate, I really can't see spending $170 for pictures at WDW. popcorn::

Took a quick look at these offers and am amazed. WDW charges $170 for this, while DLR charges $70. The $100 difference is due to what? Perhaps the expectation that people will be spending more time at WDW than DLR and thus have more pictures?

I think they justify the price difference because the average vacation at WDW is probably longer. Some people will go to WDW for 10-14 days. Most people do not spend that much time one vacation to DL.

Since we never like the ride pictures anyway. I can't justify the price even with a pre-order discount.

They assume the longer your trip, the more likely you are to take advantage of the special perks of the Plus portion. Even with just using the DLR PhotoPassPlus, we added a character meal for a weekend trip. For a week long WDW trip, I could see adding more perk photos to help justify the cost.

For John and I now- with our trips averaging just a couple days several times a year, and no kids- no- this is not for us.

Back when we were making longer 8-10 day trips and the kids were little- I could see justifying this expense. PhotoPass had not come around until my kids were a little older and were were done with character meet and greets, etc.

Yes, it's expensive. But even when we did buy the CDs at $99 years ago, they did not offer all the extras they have now and the photographers were not as plentiful. You had one on the "Main Street" of each park and maybe a couple others. Now they are with all the characters and even in some unexpected places.

If you have a couple of kids who like meeting characters in the parks, doing character meals, visiting a water park, and so on- I could see this being a very nice package. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know what selected attractions mean? Like the photos from Space Mountain, etc? If so, then it's definately worth it for my family.

Does anyone know what selected attractions mean? Like the photos from Space Mountain, etc? If so, then it's definately worth it for my family.

This is from the photopass facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/notes/disneys-photopass-service/new-disney-photopass/10150650931518325)
Walt Disney World Participating Attractions:
*Space Mountain
*Splash Mountain
*Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin
*The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
*Rock n Roller Coaster
*Expedition Everest
*Dinosaur
*Test Track

Walt Disney World Participating Character Dining Locations:
*1900 Park Fare
*Ohana (Breakfast only)
*Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
*Chef Mickeys
*Cinderellas Royal Table
*Tusker House Restaurant
*Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
*Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Disneyland Participating Attractions:
*Space Mountain
*Splash Mountain
*The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror"
*California Screamin
*Radiator Springs Racers

Disneyland Participating Character Dining Locations:
*PCH Grill
*Goofys Kitchen
*Ariels Grotto
*Plaza Inn

Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:
*PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
*A gallery CD with over 300 stock photos
*A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com
*Select Dining photos
*Select Attraction photos

We bought the advance purchase of Photopass+ last year, and for us it was worth it. We did have a 9 day trip for 3 people.....we ate at a couple of restaurants that took pictures, and we always buy the pictures...after figuring out the costs, it made financial sense.

However, for a short trip, I wouldn't do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter