Photopass Pre Order - Q's

Bridge203618

Mouseketeer
Ok I have read the info on Stitch's kindgom and I know that there are a few changes. I know that you no longer have to wait for a code and that you add the pre order to your account. So I assume you can pay for and order the pre-order online at anytime as long as it is before your trip? Is there any deadline? So do I pay for the preorder and then the credit sits in my account till I come back and order the CD?

Also is it through Disney? Do they take Disney giftcards as payment?

Yes, you pre-order the PhotoPass CD and pay and it sits in your "cart " as a credit until you order the CD. I believe that you have 30 days from the time you enter in your Photopass card # (when you get home)to make edits to your pics to order the CD. (someone correct me if this is wrong...)

It did take about a week for it to actually hit my credit card, but I did get an email verification right after I purchased it. The CM I talked to at Photopass said there was no expiration when you pre-purchase, so for example, we're going in Sept, and I bought ours about 2 weeks ago. (approx)

here's the link that will take you directly to the photopass pre-order...
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

for us, we thought it was totally worth doing.... it will let us ALL be in the family pictures !! :goodvibes

OK, I am new to PhotPass, and have been all over the WDW website trying to find access to this page myself, but I can't find it. Is this something that is available to the general public? If so, why can't I find it? Everywhere I look, the CD is $149.99. I'll be happy to follow this link and order it myself, but I don't want to do anything "illegal."

TIA!

yes, the disney gift card is accepted as payment

OK, I am new to PhotPass, and have been all over the WDW website trying to find access to this page myself, but I can't find it. Is this something that is available to the general public? If so, why can't I find it? Everywhere I look, the CD is $149.99. I'll be happy to follow this link and order it myself, but I don't want to do anything "illegal."

TIA!

Try here:
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

TIA!

Yes. This is perfectly legal. It is infact, purchasing the product from Disney themselves. But it is a big company and the photopass website is run by different people than the disney.com website.

btw. The Disney.com website is completely useless and has no useful or up-to-date information.

Just wondering is this offer a limited offer?
We have a trip booked for Sept/Oct. Should I purchase it now or can I wait?

We actually "pre-ordered" ours after we got home from our trip! We looked at the images while we were at WDW so we knew there were lots of great pictures and we would get value from the CD. When we got home, I "pre-ordered" the CD BEFORE entering my code from the PhotoPass card. I hope this makes sense! If you enter your code on the website first, you cannot preorder the CD and get the discount. However, if you pay for the CD prior to entering the code from your card, you can get it for the $99 rate (if that's what it still is!). We were also travelling near the same time as 2 other families so we were able to combine our cards and split the $99 three ways so it was more than worth it for us!!

We actually "pre-ordered" ours after we got home from our trip! We looked at the images while we were at WDW so we knew there were lots of great pictures and we would get value from the CD. When we got home, I "pre-ordered" the CD BEFORE entering my code from the PhotoPass card. I hope this makes sense! If you enter your code on the website first, you cannot preorder the CD and get the discount. However, if you pay for the CD prior to entering the code from your card, you can get it for the $99 rate (if that's what it still is!). We were also travelling near the same time as 2 other families so we were able to combine our cards and split the $99 three ways so it was more than worth it for us!!

That's such a great idea! I'm torn on whether or not to order PhotoPass and that's a great way to know whether you should spend the money. Does anyone happen to know when the pre-order deal ($99) expires? We're not going until June and it would be just my luck that the discount expires before that.

I was planning a trip three years ago with my boyfriend at the time and I was looking into pre-ordering the CD. It was $99 then, so I doubt they will drop that promotion anytime soon. At least I hope not, we're going on our honeymoon and we're not getting married until 2012. All I really want is just the cd, no souviners or anything since I use to work down there.

FYI: While you used to be able to "pre-order" the CD after you got home, it says that is not the case anymore.

This is directly from the page linked to by PP:
Disney’s PhotoCD will only include Disney's PhotoPass photos taken after purchase of this offer.

It does say if you pre-order the CD and don't like any of the pictures, you can ask for a refund as long as you have not ordered anything.

Just didn't want you to come home and have to pay the $150.

When did the gift card as payment change, it didn't used to be this way. When we went in December 2007 we were going to use a gift card as payment and it was not allowed. Just wondering when it changed.

I don't know when it did change but I just started to order it (didn't complete it) but at the top of the billing page there is a spot to pay with a gift card or disney chase redemption card...

FYI: While you used to be able to "pre-order" the CD after you got home, it says that is not the case anymore.

This is directly from the page linked to by PP:
Disney’s PhotoCD will only include Disney's PhotoPass photos taken after purchase of this offer.

It does say if you pre-order the CD and don't like any of the pictures, you can ask for a refund as long as you have not ordered anything.

Just didn't want you to come home and have to pay the $150.

Thanks -- you're absolutely correct -- my bad for not checking out the terms. It explicitly states both of those things. Well, since they will refund your money if you're not blown away by the pics (in other words, they're not much better than the ones you've taken on your own) and don't want to order them, then I guess I have nothing to lose by taking advantage of the pre-order deal. Thanks!

Just wondering is this offer a limited offer?
We have a trip booked for Sept/Oct. Should I purchase it now or can I wait?

Well lets put it this way. LOL! We don't have a trip planned, but hope to go in Dec, if not we should be going in the next year sometime, and I preordered now just to be safe, since there is absolutely no expiration on it.

Was that recent. I know you used to be able to do that, but it now states that the 1st picture date has to be after the prepurchase.

I was planning a trip three years ago with my boyfriend at the time and I was looking into pre-ordering the CD. It was $99 then, so I doubt they will drop that promotion anytime soon. At least I hope not, we're going on our honeymoon and we're not getting married until 2012. All I really want is just the cd, no souviners or anything since I use to work down there.

It actually was stopped for a period of 6 months or so. It just came back out.

When did the gift card as payment change, it didn't used to be this way. When we went in December 2007 we were going to use a gift card as payment and it was not allowed. Just wondering when it changed.

I know as of last year, when I asked about gift cards, I was told no too, as it wasn't done by a Disney company. I guess it has since changed.

In my package from Disney Mail it has a discount for Photopass in it but it says you will get the info after the trip. Is this the same offer or is the 99 one better and i should just do that now?

In my package from Disney Mail it has a discount for Photopass in it but it says you will get the info after the trip. Is this the same offer or is the 99 one better and i should just do that now?

The $99 one is the best I have personally ever seen them offer.

Had Disney Destinations stopped sending the codes by e-mail for guests staying on-property? I think the timeframe was between 45 and 10 days before your trip. Are they now sending an e-mail with info about the prepurchase or nothing at all?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter