• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Pre-order for a Couple

cbeeindisney

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling to WDW with my bf and I wanted to know if it would be worth it for us to purchase the photopass pre-order deal? It will only be the two of us, no big family, and I got the comment of "How many pictures do you really need to have of just the two of you in Disney World?" from a family member, which left me with this question :sad1: What do you all think?

The preorder is fully refundable. Why not order, take as many photo pass pics as you want....... then decide. It's a lot less of a deal at $149 that it is at $99, that's for sure.

I plan to do photopass as a couple, and I think you could get a lot of use out of it. It gives you a great chance to get lots of photos of you two together without having to ask a random stranger who may or may not be awful at taking pictures to take it. I always find that awkward. We have exactly two photos of us together on our honeymoon, all the others are just one of us and some scenery and I will not make the same mistake on our upcoming Disney trip.

As previously stated, it is fully refundable if you find that it wasn't worth it to you when the trip is said and done, so there really is no risk. Take the pictures and decide later.

Now, as far as how many pictures... It doesn't matter how many people are in the pictures, it's the same number of pictures. Plus, you will BOTH be in the pictures, not just one of you.

I'm surprising my oldest with a trip at the end of May, and I'm still purchasing the Photopass with just the two of us, same as if it were all 6 of us.

Who is going to take pictures of you as a couple if the photo pass photographers don't?

Even if you only have 50 pictures taken, then when editing save each one as a 5X7 and a 8X10 that give you 150 pictures, then if you would save each of those 150 with at least one border, you would end up with 300 pictures. You can save a picture with different borders so you could possibly end up with a lot more.
We had 225 pictures before editing - after editing I ended up with 775 pictures on the CD.

Really? I agree with another poster...who will take photos of the two of you?
I think you should get it.

Our first photopass was in 2009 and when we go back this year, will get another one.

Lisa

Thanks for asking this question! I have a couple of trips planned in the next year...one with my 2 oldest girls and one with my sweetheart. I've been looking at the Photopass option as well for each trip. So if I decide to pre-order is there a significant discount?

OP, My DW and I do it most trips (we have passes on some 3 day trips). Our last trip, was 6 park days, just got 11 cds worth with all our edits. Ended up with around 5,000 pictures from the 200 or so originals. I do lots of borders, creative crops and the like. Load up my digital frame at work with em. Do you plan on meeting any characters? That is where they can really shine. Also, any night time shots. They will often get good candid shots that the handlers using your camera wouldn't (most handlers just do the posed group shot), and many cameras won't do good night time shots w/o a tripod. The pic will come out ok, but you won't really take advantage of all lighting at the parks. Do the preorder, and if you don't think it is worth it, just ask for a refund. The photographers will take picutres with your camera as well as theirs, but once again, they tend to just use your camera for a standard every smile pose. With theirs some will do some creative things, heck, I've had photographers grab random people walking by and had them pose with us.

The break even point will be around 7-8 prints if you do the preorder.

Thanks for asking this question! I have a couple of trips planned in the next year...one with my 2 oldest girls and one with my sweetheart. I've been looking at the Photopass option as well for each trip. So if I decide to pre-order is there a significant discount?

Preorder is $99 instead of $149. You just need to do the preorder before any pictures are taken as only ones taken after the preorder are included on the cd.

The preorder is fully refundable. Why not order, take as many photo pass pics as you want....... then decide. It's a lot less of a deal at $149 that it is at $99, that's for sure.
^^This^^

If you make an effort to stop at all four icons at a couple different times of the day, you'll already have about 30 images. And that's just from 2 spots.

There are Photopass spots all the way up Main Street and at the Hub - and that's just for the Castle. Then if you stop at night, that's another set of shots. (~10 shots there)

If you go meet Mickey and Minnie at Town Square, there's another 5-7 shots. (TOTAL ~17 shots)

At EP, you've got at least 3 different spots for SE. Add 15 more shots, and that's not including any photos at nighttime. (TOTAL ~37 shots)

There are PP photogs set up in the afternoon on the bridge between the UK and France, it's a really pretty shot. (TOTAL ~45 shots)

At DHS there are photogs all along the main drag for shots with the hat and I've seen some off to the side to avoid getting the stage. We have also asked the photogs to turn the other direction to get the Crossroads emblem near the entrance. (TOTAL ~60 shots)

At AK you've got the Tree of Life shot on the bridge and also one a little closer to the tree. We also did a boat load of "magic" shots at this spot too. (TOTAL ~75 shots)

You figure that if you have at least 20 keepers, to buy them individually is $14.95/ea. That's WAY higher than the cost of a pre-ordered CD.

Pay the $99 for the pre-order deal and make an effort to stop at the photogs. My numbers were VERY conservative. You'll have way more opportunities if you stop and meet characters. Most of the character spots have a Photopass photog on-hand.

PS - I'm a professional photographer and use Photopass when I'm on vacation in addition to my own photos. It's the ONLY way I can prove I was on vacation.

PLUS once you get home, you can edit the photos with borders and nearly double the number of photos you started with. PLUS you'll get extra stock photos from the World.

I plan to do photopass as a couple, and I think you could get a lot of use out of it. It gives you a great chance to get lots of photos of you two together without having to ask a random stranger who may or may not be awful at taking pictures to take it. I always find that awkward. We have exactly two photos of us together on our honeymoon, all the others are just one of us and some scenery and I will not make the same mistake on our upcoming Disney trip.

I agree wholeheartedly! I think asking people to take pictures of us is awkward and they don't always know how to work your own personal camera properly! Most of our pictures as a couple are taken with one of our arms up holding the camera!

Thank you for all of the advice, I think I will invest the $99 to get the photopass for us! :thumbsup2

I'm going in May with my boyfriend and I totally plan on doing the Photopass. So much easier than asking strangers to take pics for us

We will be there in July for out 30th
what is the site for photopass and can you order now?

Do it!! My DH and I went 2 years ago, and he was a skeptic. He kept asking how many pictures we'd actually want of ourselves... but he also HATES when I ask other people to take a picture of the two of us. However, since I had already put out the money, he didn't mind when I made him stop at every photopass person. Then, when we got home, he LOVED doing the editing!

Finally, I sort of "made" him go see as many characters as we could (within reason, of course) and when we did, I mentioned that we had prepurchased the CD, please feel free to snap away! We got some GREAT candid pics of us and Buzz, Woody, Mickey, etc.

I say it's well worth it - and my DH would say so too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter