• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Plus Is The Worst

strangedesign

Earning My Ears
This is the first time that we have done Photopass Plus and I have to say that if they don't get this system better it may be the last. I had heard on DIS multiple people saying they were losing photos and I have to add our family to that list.

Since Monday we have not gotten any of our ride photos in our account. I have had to send lost photo emails constantly. So far we have only recovered one of them. If they don't get them soon I am going to go into the Photo Center and ask for a full refund. What is the point of paying for this if I can't use it. Strangely enough though all of our other Photopass pics have shown up almost instantly.

I would say a word to the wise is make sure you get a receipt for your ride photos and check the website or at a photo center every day to see if you got your pictures. If not you should file a lost photo claim immediately.

Hopefully they will find the rest of our pictures soon.

Just an update. It seems we have gotten all our pictures now except the ones from CRT from yesterday. We did have to file a bunch of missing picture forms, found that constantly re-adding our PP+ number to our account helped. We did have to revisit a couple of rides though to get them to re-add to get them to work.

Sorry you had to go through all of that. Glad you were able to recover many of them. Hope the rest show up.

Wait until you try to edit and add borders.... the site TAKES FOREVER to save a change. It truly is awful and if they are going to sell a product at this high a price they need to be equipped to make it work within reason. Shutterfly and others are so much faster. Mine times out ALL the time when trying to add a simple border zoom in and save.

If you give me a deadline to get my pics done then give me the technology to be efficient. Ability to only edit about 3 pics per hour is NOT sufficient at $150 for the CD.

When we did photopass+ last year we ended up with a bunch of pictures of people we did not know. It made me wonder if people had pictures of my family on their accounts?

hoping those glitches will be fixed. I really like having the ride photos as part of the package but not if other people are getting pics of my family too!!!

I have been home since October 30 and have successfully viewed our pics exactly twice and the single edit I managed before it crashed didn't save. At one point I had about 15 pics missing (ones I viewed at a PP kiosk, who knows how many I forgot were supposed to be there). To say I am disappointed with the "improved" PP (first time doing Plus) and its site is the understatement of the century.

I have found the PhotoPass customer service crew to be one of the nicest, most helpful people that work for Disney. They bend over backwards to work it out for you. Even better---they are SO nice. Really nice.

I have found the PhotoPass customer service crew to be one of the nicest, most helpful people that work for Disney. They bend over backwards to work it out for you. Even better---they are SO nice. Really nice.

Yes, I feel badly for them. Not their fault. The developers and IT department don't get my compassion.

When we did photopass+ last year we ended up with a bunch of pictures of people we did not know. It made me wonder if people had pictures of my family on their accounts?

hoping those glitches will be fixed. I really like having the ride photos as part of the package but not if other people are getting pics of my family too!!!

Did you happen to visit Enchanted Tales With Belle? Everyone participating in the show gets the same photopass card at the end of the experience. I didn't think about it then, but when I got home and added the card to my photopass account, almost 100 additional pics showed up. And they were of everyone meeting Belle, not just my family. A pain yes, but I just deleted them and only saved the pics of my family. They are some of my favorite, as my 3 yr old DS got to play the Beast and he was so sweet dancing with Belle at the end. I had tears, not gonna lie.;)

As for the product itself, I do tend to agree that it's not the product I was hoping for. It was hard to find photogs even available for pics and they took way less photos than we had taken in the past. We didn't get any magic shots at all. The few night pics we had taken at EPCOT were blurry, but probably better than I could have taken myself. Our ride photos were fine, but standing in that long line to have them added was a real pain the butt. Splash Mt was the worst. They only had 2 people working the counter and it seemed everyone had issues. One printer went down and they spent several minutes trying to get it back up and running. Just seems like they could have a few kiosks for people with PP+ who just want to add the pic and go, kwim?

Just seems like alot of money to be spending for so so pics and the hassles of spending alot of time on finding lost pics once you get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter