• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Plus and BBB

monana

when you wish upon a star..
I was just wondering if any one could tell me about their experience with photopass plus and BBB.

That way I know if this is something that we should purchase.

Thanks.

I was just wondering if any one could tell me about their experience with photopass plus and BBB.

That way I know if this is something that we should purchase.

Thanks.

They will add all of the photos taken during the makeover to your PP+ card. If you want the special photo shoot with the carriage, you need to purchase the castle package or by the photo package separately. All of those digital copies will also be provided to your PP+ card, and you will get a printed package as well.

They will add all of the photos taken during the makeover to your PP+ card. If you want the special photo shoot with the carriage, you need to purchase the castle package or by the photo package separately. All of those digital copies will also be provided to your PP+ card, and you will get a printed package as well.

Thanks so much. Do you happen to know how much the photo package is if we are to purchase it in addition?

Thanks so much. Do you happen to know how much the photo package is if we are to purchase it in addition?

I believe it is $30. When you make the appointment, make sure they still offer that a la carte.

We just did BBB castle pkg on 3/22, and we had PP+. The PP+ photographers only took pictures of the girls next to the carriage, after the makeover. They did not take photos during the makeover.

We just did BBB castle pkg on 3/22, and we had PP+. The PP+ photographers only took pictures of the girls next to the carriage, after the makeover. They did not take photos during the makeover.
do they give you the prints too?

When I took my granddaughter a year and a half ago they took a ton of pictures during and after the makeover. It was all in the same are though, not by the carriage.

I just posted yesterday that there are no photos taken during the makeover -photopass plus or otherwise. If you wants pics, you will need to take them. We've gone 3 times before, this was a surprise to us, and I was pretty disappointed, but I took my own pics and DD7 still had an awesome time.

The only pictures they take now (whether you have a PP+ or just purchase the photo package) are after the makeover is over. They have a little studio with a little forest setup and a carriage.

With a PP+, you get all of the images loaded onto your card, as well as the prints. We had the castle package, so it was included in the price, but I imagine the same would be true if you purchased the photo package separately.

thanks! is the *processional* to fantasy faire worth it? how much is it for the castle package? i know the site has the amount but i wanted to know the *actual* amount after the girls get to choose all the accesories etc. plus, know i do not think the site is very realistic, since it makes us think the PP photographer will be there all the time...

thanks! is the *processional* to fantasy faire worth it? how much is it for the castle package? i know the site has the amount but i wanted to know the *actual* amount
When I booked the castle pack for DD on the 18th of this month I asked about pricing (because the website says it varies depending on costume selection) and was told that there is a $5 less difference if the child chooses tinkerbell.

Was also told costumes go up to a size 14/16 in all choices but Ariel and Jasmine they only go up to size 8/10.

I booked the big package banking on the processional being worth it (and I hope it is) DD is almost 9 and this will likely be her last BBB trip ( she has done it 2x at WDW at 4 & 7 yrs, with the smallest package).

We witnessed a processional in September last year. 2 cast members walked the girl and her family (parents and brother) over, walked up and knocked on the side door. Then announced the princess. So there really wasn't a ton of fanfare at all. They did get to skip the hour long line though and maybe got a little special treatment inside from the princesses, but I don't know.

We witnessed a processional in September last year. 2 cast members walked the girl and her family (parents and brother) over, walked up and knocked on the side door. Then announced the princess. So there really wasn't a ton of fanfare at all. They did get to skip the hour long line though and maybe got a little special treatment inside from the princesses, but I don't know.

I wanted to add. We bought the crown package and the photo pass package (they said we had to buy it even though we had pp+) so ours coat $100. Factor in a Disney store dress $45, wand $14 and crown $10, all purchased at home before the trip, and we spent around $170. So $200 really isn't all that much more and you get to skip the wait. We plan on doing that package in 9/15 when we go back for my DDs 3rd and 6th bdays. So even though they might not make a huge deal of the processional (maybe some CMs do more than others) it still isn't a bad deal compared to paying for everything seperately.

I wanted to add. We bought the crown package and the photo pass package (they said we had to buy it even though we had pp+) so ours coat $100. Factor in a Disney store dress $45, wand $14 and crown $10, all purchased at home before the trip, and we spent around $170. So $200 really isn't all that much more and you get to skip the wait. We plan on doing that package in 9/15 when we go back for my DDs 3rd and 6th bdays. So even though they might not make a huge deal of the processional (maybe some CMs do more than others) it still isn't a bad deal compared to paying for everything seperately.
i think so too, just skipping the line is quiet helpful. thank you for adding the prices at Disneystore, makes me feel better about the amount of $ we are going to spend! hopefully my DD4 will feel extra special with her makeover and getting to meet the princesses. :)

do they give you the prints too?

Yes, we got the pics in a portfolio.

To answer your other question, I believe we ended up paying around $440 for 2 girls for the castle pkg (they were Cinderella and Ariel). We also tipped the fairy godmothers.

My takeaways from our experience:
1) It was absolutely worth doing the castle pkg to skip the super long line for the meet n greet!
2) They will substitute items if you ask. One of the girls didn't want the wand, and instead chose a Cinderella necklace and dangly earring set for no additional charge.
3) The fairy godmothers have varying levels of skill. Both girls had the same hairdo, but one lasted all day without falling apart while the other fell apart within an hour of leaving the boutique. Each fairy godmother used a different technique to put the hair up, and spent a different amount of time doing so.

Have fun!

Yes, we got the pics in a portfolio.

To answer your other question, I believe we ended up paying around $440 for 2 girls for the castle pkg (they were Cinderella and Ariel). We also tipped the fairy godmothers.

My takeaways from our experience:
1) It was absolutely worth doing the castle pkg to skip the super long line for the meet n greet!
2) They will substitute items if you ask. One of the girls didn't want the wand, and instead chose a Cinderella necklace and dangly earring set for no additional charge.
3) The fairy godmothers have varying levels of skill. Both girls had the same hairdo, but one lasted all day without falling apart while the other fell apart within an hour of leaving the boutique. Each fairy godmother used a different technique to put the hair up, and spent a different amount of time doing so.

Have fun!
thanks for all the good info!!! how much should we tip the fairy gm?? we are not from the us so not very sure....

It depends on what you feel is worth it for tipping ... I usually do 20%. Bring cash!!!!!!!

thanks for all the good info!!! how much should we tip the fairy gm?? we are not from the us so not very sure....

Although I usually tip 20% when I get my hair done, I did not tip 20% at BBB. If I did, the gratuity would have been over $40 for each girl… too much, IMO. I have heard of others tipping $20 at BBB... but in our case, I tipped $10 each. The salon and fairy godmothers were so busy that the cashier suggested that I leave the gratuity for the fairy godmothers with her. In retrospect, I wish I had been more organized and had the girls give the tips themselves upon completion of their makeovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter