PhotoImpact Help

DisneyMama629

DIS Veteran
I have the trial version of PI. I am trying to frame something. Everytime I try it says "cannot get url from push file." Anyone know what that means?

When I used the trial version of PI, I got the same thing. I assumed that it was because it was a trial version and I remember seeing somewhere that everything would not be available. I think some of the borders don't actually download until you purchase the full version. Not 100% sure about - just a guess.

I'm also using the trial version, and I was getting very frustrated getting that message (also with stamps, etc.). You will find that there are quite a few varieties of the borders that you can use with the trial version, but some must be only for those who have paid for the program. Just try some others to see which are available at this point. The 2-D ones and "magic" frames (?) are good to use.

Good luck. I'm slowly making my way through PI and have figured a lot out with the help of these wonderful designers. It's frustrating, though:-).

I made this design.

Cindrella2306x402.jpg

I had somebody who wanted me to do the other princesses with their names. Well, I have no idea how I got that border on there. I can change the text and the clipart, but I really want to be able to change the border to match the Princess. I can't figure it out.

I'm not sure I'm the best one to answer, since there may be an easier way, and I haven't learned all the tricks yet:-).

From what I understand, you have to have an object to start with. Then, you click under "photo" from the tabs at the top, and then find the "photo frame" option. You have to click the little box that says "frame", and then it opens up all the options. When you select a border, you can then click on the color options to change the border colors.

I hope this helps...a little.

That's a nice design. My dd would love it!

The thing is it only let me access that same frame the one time. Now it displays the message I posted earlier.

I don't know how, but I figured it out. There are just so many buttons in PI. It's all trial and error.

Here's what I came up with:

Aurora316x412.jpg

robnkris said:
I don't know how, but I figured it out. There are just so many buttons in PI. It's all trial and error.

Here's what I came up with:

Aurora316x412.jpg

Very cute! :goodvibes

Thanks! I don't really like that the "Lisa" part is shaped a little different then princess. I can't get them to look the same because Lisa is shorter.

Change the curvature on Lisa so that it is a little more pronounced and I think that you would get the look you are wanting. I had to play with that for several of my designs because of the different lengths in names and words. In some cases, I also changed the size of the letters a little which also helped. It wasn't enough to really tell a difference in the size but enough to make the bend look better.

I like it. I like the fact that Aurora is in blue. Everybody always does the pink and I've always liked the blue better myself. I agree that it would be good if the name were a bit changed. Good luck with that. I'm "trying" to learn PhotoImpact myself so I totally understand how annoying it can be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter