Photography questions?

glammy

Earning My Ears
My daughter is getting married in September 2012, she is planning an escape wedding. All seems to be going well with the planning but I am wondering about the photography packages. Is it worth spending an extra $950 to get the high resolution dvd of all the photo? Beside the wedding she is having the early morning photoshoot in the magic kingdom.
The photos are so important but I just dont know if its worth getting that our is a regular dvd of photos good enough.

Please advise.

Also any thoughts of what photographer to choose.
Thanks

we got the high rez disc and are so glad we did. The photos were the most important thing to us, because at the end of the day, they are all you have left. I would say it's definitely worth it especially if you are doing a park shoot. There are a few pictures that we are going to blow up and put on canvas, and I don't think it would turn out as nicely without the high resolution.

I wasn't entirely pleased with our photographer (Joe), but I do know that he did fabulous work for other disbrides. My main concern was that he didn't take the time to do the editing I would've wanted and expected after seeing other brides' shoots and the DPS website. The pictures were a good base though. I guess it depends on the style you are looking for to pick a good match in the photographer. Although, just because you request someone, does not mean that you'll get them. Our photographer wasn't even in our top 3.

Hope this helps!

If it costs $950 to get the high res CD through Disney, it might also be worth looking into an outside photographer. We went with an outside photographer because of the unpredictable quality of DPS and we were looking for a few additional features that DPS couldn't provide without spending the money anyway, so in the end it didn't cost us much more than that amount. We were very happy!! :goodvibes

I am with Wendy. We spent half of that and got all our digital photos (2,000+) on DVD and had him for 4 hours. We hired Randy Chapman and hundreds of brides including myself will vouch for him.

The only problem is, if you are doing an in park shoot, you HAVE to go through DPS and you wouldn't have the high rez of those photos. Looking back on all of my photos, the in park pictures are hands down my favorite and worth every penny.

Also, as I was rereading your original post, I noticed you quoted a price of $950 for the disc. We only paid $350 extra for our disc. I'm not sure where that $950 is coming from, but I can't imagine that inflation is THAT high. :confused3 Wonder why there is such a price difference?

Thank you all for your responses. They are definitely going with the Disney Photographers because they have the Magic Kingdom Booked for photos the next morning. When she asked the wedding planner how much the archival CD would be she said it was $500 for the archival CD and the copyright, but we would not get any of the photo book, proof book or standard res DVD. If she wanted to add to the package it would be $950.

So that is what we are confused with, is it wise to get the archival DVD or is is not needed.

Thanks

Thank you all for your responses. They are definitely going with the Disney Photographers because they have the Magic Kingdom Booked for photos the next morning. When she asked the wedding planner how much the archival CD would be she said it was $500 for the archival CD and the copyright, but we would not get any of the photo book, proof book or standard res DVD. If she wanted to add to the package it would be $950.

So that is what we are confused with, is it wise to get the archival DVD or is is not needed.

Thanks

That makes a little more sense. We gave up the photo album for the high res, but when we went over everything with Rosie, she went ahead and gave it to us anyway. :thumbsup2

It all depends what you want to do with the photos - the normal $350 one will print up to a bit bigger than A4, archival twice that size, so if you want massive pics then you'd need the archival one :)

When we got married, there was a few different options of 'specials' on to save on pictures, so you might want to check that out. Since we got married in the park, we had to go with Disney (plus it was included in the Escape package). We added a second photographer for photojounalistic shots, an additional hour of photography (which they ended up sending both photographers to, even though we paid for one), and a high res DVD. All that cost us an extra $995, and came with a 4x6 of every shot taken, 2 photo albums, and 1 large portrait.

We were really happy we went with that package, since 2 years later we still look at our pictures a lot:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter