Photographers

LittleYurmaid

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I wondered if someone could kindly point me in the right direction of an Orlando wedding photographers list? I'm sure there is one on here somewhere, I've done some searching but can't seem to find it. Or if anyone has used an amazing photographer for their wedding then please let me know.

Much appreciated!

I know some of the ones used are David and Vicki Arndt, Regina Hyman, Randy Chapman, and I know Ashley Jane Photography does lovely work as well. I'm sure there are more there (in fact, I know there are), but you really just need to search around. These are some of the more common ones used, but there are others who do lovely work in that area too!

Hi everyone, I wondered if someone could kindly point me in the right direction of an Orlando wedding photographers list? I'm sure there is one on here somewhere, I've done some searching but can't seem to find it. Or if anyone has used an amazing photographer for their wedding then please let me know. Much appreciated!

We looked at Regina Hyman, Randy Chapman, the Arndts, and Misty Miotto. We chose Misty and had an amazing experience. Her price point was lower than any of the others with a far more flexible payment arrangement. We had her for getting ready photos through to the end of our reception. She put everyone at ease, recommended better poses and positioning of arms, hair, my veil, etc. She and her husband were so nice to work with. We got about 7 CDs with our pictures totaling about 2,700 images from our wedding and there isn't one shot in there that I don't like.

You can view the work of all of these local photographers on their websites - see which styles work for you, since they do vary

I 100% recommend Root Photography. http://rootweddings.com/blog/ (Actual website for their bookings is: http://rootweddings.com/)

If you have been on the boards for any period of time, you've no doubt seen LurkyLoo's planning journal. She used the Roots for her wedding, and that really just got me started on LOVING them.

It's been a while since I've researched and compared--but I remember when researching photography options, they were one of the more expensively-priced. That said, when I compared their work against others, I felt their photography style and technique stood out above everyone. I even had a friend of mine who is an in-demand wedding photographer here in Utah help me decide between my options, and she felt the Roots were the best choice as well.

Obviously, all brides will have a different feeling and get along better with different photographers. And, in all honesty, of those already mentioned--Misty Miotto would be my second choice, followed by Regina Hyman. Cricket of DFAP also has an independent business, in addition to her work with Disney (and her work is incredible). That said, I feel a lot of wedding photographers go for this "hazy" wedding look. The images aren't always as sharp as they should be, because of this 'dream' vibe that I think many are trying to capture with the wedding. I also find a lot of other photographers doing 'cheesy' photos.

With the Roots....they fit our vision because their style is more on the photojournalism side. When I look at their photos, their mastery of light, the vibrancy of the color in their photos, and the "present" feeling you get when you look at their photos is really what drew me to them. Their photos are so crisp and real, that I feel they're the most genuine of all the options I looked at. Ultimately, we felt they were worth the price.

And, for what it's worth, we actually met up with them last month at the Boardwalk Bakery at Disney (they're local to Orlando now), and were only further encouraged by our choice (we don't get married until 12/08/14). They are SUPER nice people, super accommodating, and I couldn't be happier with my choice. As someone who doesn't consider herself to be particularly "pretty" and as someone who been dreading the idea of wedding photos for some time....I think any kind of beauty that day will bring out will be captured and enhanced by them.

Tiffiny

Well, I hope they make your list, then, as you look at photographers. :)

Seriously--I do think they are worth the money (if you have that much to spend in that area). Today, in a fit of procrastination from my homework, I did a last look through of some of the photographers I looked at before I booked (not that it matters, since I've been booked for a year), just to make sure that my advice was sound. I stick by it. Lots of others rely on "fuzzy" and semi-iris techniques (again, I think, to get that "dream day" look). And, like I said earlier, the "silly" or artificial poses. Such a reliance fails to capture the real beauty of the day (in my opinion). It leaves you with an impression of what it was, rather than a memory. I love Monet, and I love Renoir. But you know who I love more? Rembrandt.

Thankfully, I think the Roots are a combination of the two. They use light like Monet, and realism like Rembrandt. If their photos were as dark as a Rembrandt, I'd have issues. :)

All the photographers have a style...and I just like theirs the most!

Tiffiny

We were married one month ago today and used Misty both for our e-shoot at Boardwalk/Poly and our wedding which was Epcot-Italy with an Atlantic Dance hall reception and a Dessert Party back in Italy. I can't recommend the Miottos enough. Misty and Nelio were incredible in every way. They work unbelievably hard and make sure you get everything you want. I am in awe of our photos (over 500 from our e-shoot and over 3000 from our wedding). We got pictures in so many countries through the World Showcase both in the morning before our ceremony and in the evening before our Dessert Party.

The are complete artists, and made us look amazing (and being a curvy bride in my 40s this was so HUGE to me).

Just the fact that we already have our photos (a month later) when I know they are incredibly busy (they had 5 weddings the week of ours) is so impressive. They were the first decision we made in our planning, and we booked them before we even had a date with Disney. We haven't downloaded all of our photos yet because there's so many, but pm me if you want to see-I have posted some on instagram and on facebook.

Best of luck in your planning!

Can I throw my name in the hat? ;) I don't live in Orlando and dont' work for Disney photography.. but I'm only 7 hours away and will photograph a wedding there in a heartbeat ;)

I'm new to DISboards and still updating my info but I left Disney Fairytale weddings a few months ago, to pursue my own business, feel free to look my work.

I live 15mins away from Disney.

Good luck with everything!!

:)) Cami Grudzinski

I looked at all the photographers mentioned above plus Thirteenth Moon and Jennifer Werneth. We are going with Jennifer Werneth... So far she had been great. We had our engagement session at BLT and the Contemporary. Unfortunately the weather was horrible, for once the florida rain shower did not just come and go, it poured and stayed for hours! But we love our pictures!!!!!!!!!

What really surprises me is how many of these photographers have dedicated sections to Disney photos.

I have seen Disney go after people for that, since the photos technically aren't "theirs." They belong to the couple. That's why Disney forces photoraphers/videographers to sign that third-party contract when you use outside vendors. At least with the big people (Misty Miotto, Jen, and some others), the fact that they have it so prominently displayed bugs me.

And it's not just photographers. Disney goes after cake makers, Etsy sellers, etc. for copyright violation. It's not fair to me that there seems to be a threat to others, and others just outright continue to violate it.

Maybe the resident ex-Disney photographer (hi! :) ) can fill us in?

Tiffiny

We used By The Robinsons, formally 222 Photography!
They are such wonderful people and our photos are just amazing! Could not have chosen a better couple to photograph our day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter