Photographer?

adamak

DIS Veteran
Can someone recommend a photographer in Oahu? It'll be our 20th wedding anniversary and thought taking some pictures will be a good gift to us. We are not big fans of posing for formal pictures, so would love someone who's good at capturing moments casually. I am also worried that my 7 year old won't stand still enough to take good ones. And how much to tip?

PM me if necessary. Thanks!

We were happy with Blink photography. They operate out of the Marriott resort, just down from Aulani. They do not charge for the session, only for the photos you choose. They had about 6 locations around the resort that they used, the only totally natural setting was on the lava rocks with the ocean as a background. Our session was at sunset so we had planned for posed photos, but they took several casual photos as well as video clips.

Thanks! I don't need to stay in Marriott to use Blink right? And do they print out photos for you or just send you the files?

We were happy with Blink photography. They operate out of the Marriott resort, just down from Aulani. They do not charge for the session, only for the photos you choose. They had about 6 locations around the resort that they used, the only totally natural setting was on the lava rocks with the ocean as a background. Our session was at sunset so we had planned for posed photos, but they took several casual photos as well as video clips.
Do you mind if I ask how much they charge per picture afterwards?

I used Oahu Photographs https://www.oahuphotographs.com/family/ for my daughter's cake smash and first birthday party and they were OUTSTANDING!!! Their prices are really affordable and include tons of edited digital photos with a full copyright release. I plan on using them again for her next party.

My sister is a professional photographer in Seattle and she was very impressed with their work and prices. She said their work is on par with what you'd expect from a photographer who charges $1200+ per event. I really can't say enough good things about them.

On another note, I believe Ko Olina requires a permit for all commercial photo sessions held on their grounds. Individual hotel policies vary. i wouldn't worry about it too much, though. There are beautiful photo spots up and down the Waianae coast. Or go up to Makakilo and you can find panoramic views.

Would love to know what they charge for each photo, I have searched online with no luck.

We have used the photographers at Aulani on previous trips, while they have been great, nice to see other options as well.

We have used Aulani’s photographers on our previous trips, we have always been very pleased with the photos. I plan to use them again this spring. The prices are posted online, you get all photos taken on a CD with a release. In the past they have given a discount on the photo CD for the photos taken around the resort (I believe it was $50 instead of $99), plus they give a DVC discount on the photography session.

We have used Aulani’s photographers on our previous trips, we have always been very pleased with the photos. I plan to use them again this spring. The prices are posted online, you get all photos taken on a CD with a release. In the past they have given a discount on the photo CD for the photos taken around the resort (I believe it was $50 instead of $99), plus they give a DVC discount on the photography session.
This is a silly question but our laptop doesn't have a CD drive. I'm not sure how I would get the pictures on my computer. Is CD the only way to obtain the pics?

This is a silly question but our laptop doesn't have a CD drive. I'm not sure how I would get the pictures on my computer. Is CD the only way to obtain the pics?
I am not sure if it has changed since we went, almost 2 years ago, but I think the only way is to get it on CD. We don't have a CD drive either, but I purchased an external one for cheap for my kids to watch DVDs on when we travel, so I can transfer them onto the laptop that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter