Photo Session free trial!

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
Just got back from DLR, and we found out that they are testing out a photopass session where you have a photographer who takes you around an area of the park for a mini photo-shoot! It's about a 15-20 min shoot and sometimes you get access to places you couldn't go on your own (like an upper balcony). We got in line and waited about 20 min. You have your choice of Adventureland, Fantasyland, Main Street, and Frontierland.

Our photographer was great! Really fun shots in Adventureland. We got to go upstairs onto a balcony that overlooked the Jungle Cruise. He took tons of pics and gave us a card with the photopass info plus also tapped it directly onto our phones.

It was so much fun and such a great deal that we did another one later in Frontierland. I am betting that it will become a paid option at some point, but meanwhile, I highly recommend taking some time out of your day to try it out! It's nice to be able to get your whole group in the picture.

Attachments

• indy.jpg
    indy.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 39
Just got back from DLR, and we found out that they are testing out a photopass session where you have a photographer who takes you around an area of the park for a mini photo-shoot! It's about a 15-20 min shoot and sometimes you get access to places you couldn't go on your own (like an upper balcony). We got in line and waited about 20 min. You have your choice of Adventureland, Fantasyland, Main Street, and Frontierland.

Our photographer was great! Really fun shots in Adventureland. We got to go upstairs onto a balcony that overlooked the Jungle Cruise. He took tons of pics and gave us a card with the photopass info plus also tapped it directly onto our phones.

It was so much fun and such a great deal that we did another one later in Frontierland. I am betting that it will become a paid option at some point, but meanwhile, I highly recommend taking some time out of your day to try it out! It's nice to be able to get your whole group in the picture.
That is so cool!!! Great photo!

I don't think many people knew about it. Lots of people passing by stopped to ask us what we were waiting in line for. The line was on the right side on the bridge as you're approaching the Frontierland sign from the Main St side.

And it's FREE! How often to you get to experience something like that for free these days? I'm guessing that if the trial goes well, they'll begin charging for it. You can go individually or as a group.

Edited to add a pic of where we were standing in line (and watching the baby ducks!)20240304_120524.jpg

Last edited:

Very Cool idea

No idea how many will pay for this if it cost but not a bad idea
Who knows? I'm shocked at what people seem willing to pay for. I wish they wouldn't sometimes as it makes formerly free things an upcharge for everybody.
super excited to hear people complain about the price
Right??!! ...and then pay it!
I do want to try this...mainly to see which area's of land's you normally can't go they let you walk in
The first guy took us to some spots that we wouldn't have been able to go to on our own, but nothing super amazing. It was just fun to have other CMs start to block us and then see our photographer and wave us on. For instance, there are steps up to a wooden balcony/deck between Tropical Hideaway and Jungle Cruise and we got pics up there, but it's not something you'd see and go, "Wow! You got to go up THERE?" because it just looks like a tropical river setting in the pic. He also took down the rope and let us go up some steps to a doorway near the Trading Post store for a picture. Again, it's not something most people would look at and notice, but it was fun to have people watching us and wondering what was going on. We also got to go to an area off to the side of Indy, but again, the pictures are unspectacular.

So there was a paid offering like this last year. I can’t remember what it was called but you could reserve it through the website. I want to say it was $200. I wanted to sign us up for it but it was ending before we got there. It didn’t seem to be popular or very well known because every time I looked at the calendar, it was wide open with availability. I wonder if they are trying to drum up more attention for it before they re-launch the paid offfering.

I’m glad to see them possibly bringing this back. The WDW was $99 for 20 minutes last October and we got some amazing family photos, portraits, and memories.

It’s probably much harder to sell at Disneyland where the audience probably skews more towards regulars. I admit I only bought the WDW versions since for someone in our party it was their first trip.

Cheri, I love the pics...you both look fabulous! Thanks for sharing this cool experience. Now if only I could get DH to take some photos with me!
Stacey, at least your DH will go to the parks with you!! Mine is happy to send me off on my own :rotfl: . In my mind he is sitting at home watching hours of golf undisturbed while I'm at DLR :), but it works out pretty well for us, ha ha!

Stacey, at least your DH will go to the parks with you!! Mine is happy to send me off on my own :rotfl: . In my mind he is sitting at home watching hours of golf undisturbed while I'm at DLR :), but it works out pretty well for us, ha ha!
Lol! I suppose you are right. I should count my blessings!

I do love the image of your DH glued to the TV watching golf while you are simultaneously enjoying DL. And as they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder! :)

What a great service. Your pictures all look wonderful! I hope they're doing that when I'm there. It would be so cool to have a Dapper Day photo shoot, or a holiday one. My daughter did Bibbidi Bobbidi a few years ago and the photopass photographer did a mini photo shoot for her in front of the castle, it was so cute.

Even a couple hundred dollars would be worth it if you can get so many great pictures AND it's at Disneyland.
My son's senior photos were like $400 and that was just one person for 45 minutes. Some photographers were charging more like $1,000.

PS. I've had my eye on that spirit jersey! I don't have any yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter