• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo pass Plus: what you get...

I don't remember where I read it, if it was on this thread or another, but the poster recommended getting your ride photos exactly how you wanted them at the booth, taking the time then, because you wouldn't be able to do it at home. This is not from my experience (yet!), just what I have read elsewhere.

Ughhhh...this is what I wanted to do but at two different locations, Everest and Splash, I was told by the workers to just do the cropping at home.

123SA said:
Ughhhh...this is what I wanted to do but at two different locations, Everest and Splash, I was told by the workers to just do the cropping at home.

CMs were wrong. Ride photos cannot be changed at home. :(

Maybe this has already been answered.. if so, I apologize. When you are all done with adding photos to the pp+ card, can you order more than 1 cd or does that cost extra?
Tia!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DISBoards

You probably could but it would probably be way cheaper to just make a copy at home once you receive the CD.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

hmurra75 said:
Maybe this has already been answered.. if so, I apologize. When you are all done with adding photos to the pp+ card, can you order more than 1 cd or does that cost extra?
Tia!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DISBoards

You can. Its not too expensive. But as PP said, that's a waste of money. Easier to copy it yourself. The CD isnt anything special. It just has the pictures on it. You can copy it just like any other files.

I'm under the 14 day mark. I ordere the regular pp...if I upgrade once I'm there what is the difference I would have to pay? Since I pre ordered the cd already?

I'm under the 14 day mark. I ordere the regular pp...if I upgrade once I'm there what is the difference I would have to pay? Since I pre ordered the cd already?

$80ish.

The difference between the prepay and the full price of the photopass +. There are no discounts for upgrading at the parks.

SenecaWolf said:
$80ish.

The difference between the prepay and the full price of the photopass +. There are no discounts for upgrading at the parks.

Thanks for the quick reply. We will be doing 3 character meals so figure $35 a po each it will pay off itself...not inc the ride pics.thanks again

I am having trouble deciding which PP to preorder. We are doing 3 character meals (1900 PF for bfast, Tusker House for lunch, & Akershus for lunch). We're also eating at Ohana (non-character) and HDDR. Of the rides that get pics, I believe we'll only do 2 or 3 of them (perhaps multiple times though). I almost never buy ride pics ordinarily. I also don't really care if I get hard copies of any character photos. I do love having PP photographers take pics though b/c then I actually get to be in them now and then. Do the PP photogs at the restaurants take pics even if you're not doing a photo print pkg or do they only take pics for the pkgs? I am also really hoping to get some magic poses this time b/c I never knew about them before. Sooo, which do you all recommend for us - the regular PP or PP+? We'll be preordering either way.

Thanks! :)

I am having trouble deciding which PP to preorder. We are doing 3 character meals (1900 PF for bfast, Tusker House for lunch, & Akershus for lunch). We're also eating at Ohana (non-character) and HDDR. Of the rides that get pics, I believe we'll only do 2 or 3 of them (perhaps multiple times though). I almost never buy ride pics ordinarily. I also don't really care if I get hard copies of any character photos. I do love having PP photographers take pics though b/c then I actually get to be in them now and then. Do the PP photogs at the restaurants take pics even if you're not doing a photo print pkg or do they only take pics for the pkgs? I am also really hoping to get some magic poses this time b/c I never knew about them before. Sooo, which do you all recommend for us - the regular PP or PP+? We'll be preordering either way.

Thanks! :)

At the restaurants that take your photo everyone gets their photo taken when you get there before you are seated. Sometimes it is with a character and sometimes with just a backdrop. If you only have a regular photo pass the only way to get those digital photos on your photo pass account is to buy the pictures. I find those pictures tend to be pretty nice.

Akershus pictures are included in the price of the meal.

You would also get the CD of the gallery shots of WDW. I did the photo pass plus for my DL trip. The Gallery shots were great. I will use them when making a photo book of our trip. I was really glad I did the plus. We did 2 meals with pictures. We didn't do as many park photos as expected but got a few great ones. It was an easier decision at DL though because photo pass plus is only $69 there and while we go to WDW a lot I knew this DL trip was more once in a lifetime.

It was an easier decision at DL though because photo pass plus is only $69 there and while we go to WDW a lot I knew this DL trip was more once in a lifetime.

Exactly! $69 would be a no-brainer for me but $169 ... :scared1: I'm having enough trouble swallowing the idea of $120 for pics. And that's BEFORE I print any or order a photobook (non-Disney). I don't want to spend more than I have to, but I also don't want to regret not spending the $49 if it's really that much better.

There is a chance a friend of mine will want to get a PP for her trip shortly before ours. If that happens, that will pretty much make the decision for me b/c we'll split the PP (14-day timing wouldn't work for PP+ unfortunately).

I ordered the PP+ for our September 2013 trip, we are in Argentina and the package arrived in only 6 days!

Exactly! $69 would be a no-brainer for me but $169 ... :scared1: I'm having enough trouble swallowing the idea of $120 for pics. And that's BEFORE I print any or order a photobook (non-Disney). I don't want to spend more than I have to, but I also don't want to regret not spending the $49 if it's really that much better.

There is a chance a friend of mine will want to get a PP for her trip shortly before ours. If that happens, that will pretty much make the decision for me b/c we'll split the PP (14-day timing wouldn't work for PP+ unfortunately).

I think you could still do the plus...but could be wrong? If you buy the plus ($169 pre-purchase) but only collect half of the regular photopass from your friend ($60) you would only have to pay $110 towards your plus. When she goes, she can use a regular photopass card during her trip. When you go, you will exchange the voucher for the plus card. When you get home, you enter both card numbers into the photopass site. All pictures from both vacations should come up. You just won't be able to wait long after your trip because her 30 day window to view pictures will have already started before your trip even starts. Then when you are both done editing, order the cd! It saves you a few bucks off the plus! (This is all assumming your friend doesn't also want the plus.)

I ordered the PP+ for our September 2013 trip, we are in Argentina and the package arrived in only 6 days!

Did it came with a declared value? I'm skeptical about ordering it to be delivered to Brazil due to maybe getting charged custom taxes for a voucher!
I'm thinking of ordering it to be delivered to Pop Century and get it when I arrive at WDW. ;)

LOVEMY3KIDDOS said:
I think you could still do the plus...but could be wrong? If you buy the plus ($169 pre-purchase) but only collect half of the regular photopass from your friend ($60) you would only have to pay $110 towards your plus. When she goes, she can use a regular photopass card during her trip. When you go, you will exchange the voucher for the plus card. When you get home, you enter both card numbers into the photopass site. All pictures from both vacations should come up. You just won't be able to wait long after your trip because her 30 day window to view pictures will have already started before your trip even starts. Then when you are both done editing, order the cd! It saves you a few bucks off the plus! (This is all assumming your friend doesn't also want the plus.)

That's exactly right. The Plus part is only good for 14 days with the special card. But you can still use regular PP cards and do the share.

We will be leaving for flordia on the 22nd. I am just finding out about the discounts for preordering. Do you all think I will be safe reordering now or should I not risk it? I am just in Kentucky and right by a ups hub so I get most packages fast.

I wouldn't. It's not about how fast the order is, it's about how long it takes to process and ship it. I ordered mine, it took 5 days to process and 4 days to arrive.

Did it came with a declared value? I'm skeptical about ordering it to be delivered to Brazil due to maybe getting charged custom taxes for a voucher!
I'm thinking of ordering it to be delivered to Pop Century and get it when I arrive at WDW. ;)

The attached commercial invoice states: 1 Pictures Designs Photos, Total value in USD: 18.-
They didn't charge any custom duties here in Argentina, but this may vary from one country to the other.
Having it shipped to Pop Century is a great idea, I thought about doing it but since our trip is a year from now, I didn't want to wait that long to buy it and risk having the pre-purchase offer discontinued.

It says "over 400 pics", but in reality, how many pictures does the CD store? Could 3 families share it?

The attached commercial invoice states: 1 Pictures Designs Photos, Total value in USD: 18.-
They didn't charge any custom duties here in Argentina, but this may vary from one country to the other.
Having it shipped to Pop Century is a great idea, I thought about doing it but since our trip is a year from now, I didn't want to wait that long to buy it and risk having the pre-purchase offer discontinued.

Thanks! I'm afraid of the offer being discontinued as well, so that was why I was asking. But I think they'll probably keep it until the end of the year, so I might wait until after Xmas to order it directly to Pop even if it arrives a couple weeks before we get there on Jan 22nd! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter