Photo Pass & Photo Pass+

Will do, I have my travel agent checking on it. She just got back this past Sunday and she tried the pp + and she got her prints handed to her - so I don't when this change is supposed to take effect -...my TA also informed me that she thought the Tusker House was not a full service PP counter, you could get a pp card and add it to your plus - but for your whole package, lanyard and all pp+ your had to actually go to one of the shops in the parks, ddt of Trader Jacks.....she is checking on that for me too - but in order to get the print of your photo you have to have your pp+ card with you.....will update when I know more.

With your really early reservation - I would call or email photo pass and ask them if they have a full service photo pass shop at Ohana - OR if the print does not matter to you - I'm told the photographers will give you a regular pp card and you can add to it to your pp+ later - you would not need to rush anywhere...I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO WDW - this is just what I have read, so ANYONE IF I'M WRONG please correct me :)

Thank you so much for the info. Very kind of you. PS - your first trip to WDW?! Wow - so excited for you!

You can redeem your photopass plus voucher at at of the dining locations that are part of the photo pass package. No need to make a side trip, you'll get the full package there. Ohana, tusker house, everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are 6 days out. I have completely forgotten to order photopass+. Am I too late to get it for $149?

If you have a resort reservation that includes a ticket package, you can add it on to your reservation for 149+ tax.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are 6 days out. I have completely forgotten to order photopass+. Am I too late to get it for $149?

You need to be 14 days out so that they have enough time to send the voucher to you (in fact, on the website there's a button you have to click on that states that you're 14 days out.)

You need to be 14 days out so that they have enough time to send the voucher to you (in fact, on the website there's a button you have to click on that states that you're 14 days out.)

Actually you can call the 407WDISNEY and when prompted say photopass. You can still preorder with the reservations dept. I know, I just did it a few minutes ago, and we arrive this Wednesday. I was told that we may get our lanyard at the resort, if not we just need to go to any photopass counter in any of the 4 parks or DTD to pick it up.
:goodvibes

Interesting... Now that the change is in effect, my earlier question (MANY posts before) about paying "double" for dining at, say, Akershus with the PP+. Now that you no longer get the photos with the package (you already paid for when making the reservation) I am, in fact, paying double, but now I am no longer getting the photos that come with the cost if the meal. Yikes! If anyone knows differently, please fill me in. Thanks.

Confirmation from Disney... If your dinner reservations' cost INCLUDES the photos (for example at Akershus or Cinderella's Royal Table) and you use your PhotoPass + card, you will get the prints at your table as well as have the photos on your PhotoPass + card. Phew!

So...if printed photos no longer come with the meals where you would've paid for them (Tusker House for example), then what's the perk with PP+, since they list "select dining locations" as one of the benefits?

Won't they put the pics on a regular PP card? Will they still use my camera, too? I thought they did both for our last trip, but I could be remembering wrong...

So, the only way to get my pic with Donald is to have PP+ (digital copy) or buy the actual pic when they bring it to the table?

If they'll put the pics on the regular PP card like I think I remember, then I don't think we'll do PP+ since there's not enough ride photos I'd want, to justify the cost. Maybe I'll just do the $119 preorder CD...?

Or am I totally missing something here?
:confused3

If you prepaid for your reservation and it includes the photos (Akershus, Cinderella's Royal Table)... regardless of the PP+ card... the photos will come to the table. If you DO have the PP+ card you ALSO get them added to your Photopass account.

It is my understanding that the restaurants that sell your photos at your table (ie. Chef Mickey's) will not add photos to a regular PhotoPass card only to a PP+ card. That is the perk of having the + card as you get the photos from the participating restaurants what take photos before your dinner.

So...if printed photos no longer come with the meals where you would've paid for them (Tusker House for example), then what's the perk with PP+, since they list "select dining locations" as one of the benefits?

Won't they put the pics on a regular PP card? Will they still use my camera, too? I thought they did both for our last trip, but I could be remembering wrong...

So, the only way to get my pic with Donald is to have PP+ (digital copy) or buy the actual pic when they bring it to the table?

If they'll put the pics on the regular PP card like I think I remember, then I don't think we'll do PP+ since there's not enough ride photos I'd want, to justify the cost. Maybe I'll just do the $119 preorder CD...?

Or am I totally missing something here?
:confused3

Yes, as far as I know, the only way to get a meal photo onto a regular Photopass card account is to purchase the print first. Exceptions being CRT and Akershus, where the photo package is included in the meal price. The photo package at TH is about $30-$35, so Photopass+ would be cheaper if you want that photo on your cd.

Actually you can call the 407WDISNEY and when prompted say photopass. You can still preorder with the reservations dept. I know, I just did it a few minutes ago, and we arrive this Wednesday. I was told that we may get our lanyard at the resort, if not we just need to go to any photopass counter in any of the 4 parks or DTD to pick it up.
:goodvibes

This is great news!! Thank you!!

Not sure if this has been discussed before, sorry if it has. Can someone tell me approximately how many photos you can expect to get on your photopass cd? Im just trying to figure out if it is worth purchasing!
Thanks!

Not sure if this has been discussed before, sorry if it has. Can someone tell me approximately how many photos you can expect to get on your photopass cd? Im just trying to figure out if it is worth purchasing!
Thanks!

That's really up to you. If you take advantage of as many PhotoPass photographers as you can, plus make multiple versions of each picture with different borders, cropping, etc, you can end up with hundreds.

I am confused about when to order the photopass+. I spoke to a CM at DVC and she told me that I have to wait until 14 days before my trip!!! Is this accurate or can I order it anytime before my trip? Anyone know?

Thank you so much! That was exactly what I needed to hear! I could not imagine that the CM was right and I had to wait until 14 days before my trip.

I am confused about when to order the photopass+. I spoke to a CM at DVC and she told me that I have to wait until 14 days before my trip!!! Is this accurate or can I order it anytime before my trip? Anyone know?

The CM was confused. You have to be at least 14 days out to make sure there's enough time to get the voucher, but you don't have to wait until you're 14 days out.

We have preordered the photopass cd and the credit is on the old website. Does this mean when I upload after my trip, I will only be able to use the old website and not the new website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter