• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo Pass Confuses Me

disneymum58

DIS Veteran
I can't be the only one confused.
I have downloaded the Disneyland App and was wanting to purchase the one week option for $78. But the only option was to buy the 1 day option for $39. Am I missing something?
I could buy it online. Do I get sent a code to enter in to my phone and then I can see my pics in the app?
I thought I saw somewhere a package for $99 that also included a voucher for a printed dinner. Is this only available at the parks?

Last edited:
You can buy the one week Photopass on the traditional website. Not sure where to buy the one with the voucher for character meal prints outside of the photo shops in the parks.

I can't be the only one confused.
I have downloaded the Disneyland App and was wanting to purchase the one week option for $78. But the only option was to buy the 1 day option for $39. Am I missing something?
I could buy it online. Do I get sent a code to enter in to my phone and then I can see my pics in the app?
I thought I saw somewhere a package for $99 that also included a voucher for a printed dinner. Is this only available at the parks?

I too had trouble and someone gave me a link to the longer pass.. I will try and find it for you .

I just did this in December 2016; bought the 1week option. You can buy this now on line and you will need to have a smart phone with the DL app. With your account you have created; log into the DL app: there you will see DL map, push the blue circle Mickey head at bottom of your screen; this will take you to your profile. Here you will see several options. Push the PhotoPass Code: this code is what the photographers will scan each time for your pictures. When you "download" your first pictures is when your time starts. If you don't have a smart phone the photographers will give you a PhotoPass card with a number on it. This number you will need to enter to download the pictures he/she just took when you get to a computer. What is nice about this is, if your party gets separated: everyone can get pictures taken; get a PhotoPass card and you can link them all later. BELIEVE ME. . . if I can do this ANYONE can do this. Once they scan your code: after 15+ minutes you will see your pictures auto populate into "MY PHOTO" section. I didn't find my battery drained too bad. I think this is worth it: I got some great pictures. I do miss the backgrounds you use to be able to add. I wish they would bring this back!!! Good luck, I hope this helped.

When you click on that link and then login to the Disneyland website and then click on the one week option, it says this:

"Get all your disney PhotoPass photos, attraction photos and videos, dining photos and Magic Shots captured in a week. Enjoy 45 days to download each and every moment. Save, share and relive your magical memories. To redeem your purchase, simply choose a photo and select “Activate” in the Disneyland mobile app or web."

That leads me to conclude that purchasing the One Week option includes some dining photos as well.

When you click on that link and then login to the Disneyland website and then click on the one week option, it says this:

"Get all your disney PhotoPass photos, attraction photos and videos, dining photos and Magic Shots captured in a week. Enjoy 45 days to download each and every moment. Save, share and relive your magical memories. To redeem your purchase, simply choose a photo and select “Activate” in the Disneyland mobile app or web."

That leads me to conclude that purchasing the One Week option includes some dining photos as well.

The one week option will include the shots they take at the character meals, but those shots will not have any sort of border or sticker specific to the location like they used to.

Thanks everyone! I'll go online to buy the one week package! I guess its not activated till I enter the info for the first pic? Or does it activate the minute I enter the info into the App?
Then I understand I have 45 days to download all the week's photos to my computer.
I have the DL App.

I just did this in December 2016; bought the 1week option. You can buy this now on line and you will need to have a smart phone with the DL app. With your account you have created; log into the DL app: there you will see DL map, push the blue circle Mickey head at bottom of your screen; this will take you to your profile. Here you will see several options. Push the PhotoPass Code: this code is what the photographers will scan each time for your pictures. When you "download" your first pictures is when your time starts. If you don't have a smart phone the photographers will give you a PhotoPass card with a number on it. This number you will need to enter to download the pictures he/she just took when you get to a computer. What is nice about this is, if your party gets separated: everyone can get pictures taken; get a PhotoPass card and you can link them all later. BELIEVE ME. . . if I can do this ANYONE can do this. Once they scan your code: after 15+ minutes you will see your pictures auto populate into "MY PHOTO" section. I didn't find my battery drained too bad. I think this is worth it: I got some great pictures. I do miss the backgrounds you use to be able to add. I wish they would bring this back!!! Good luck, I hope this helped.

That is SO helpful. Thank you!!!

To the OP - I was super confused about this too. I had to dig around online to try to find out how to even buy the pass but then once I did, it wasn't obvious that it was linked to my Disneyland app. You'd think it would be a little more clear but I guess their preference is people buy it in the park and spend more $$!

Thanks everyone! I'll go online to buy the one week package! I guess its not activated till I enter the info for the first pic? Or does it activate the minute I enter the info into the App?
Then I understand I have 45 days to download all the week's photos to my computer.
I have the DL App.

If you are logged in when you purchase the photopass you do not have to link it in the app. To activate go to the first photo you want to download inside the Disneyland app and you will see and activate button. That will activate your week.

I was also confused that the 1 week pass I just bought was linked to my app. I called and they said it was so hopefully when I am at the parks Thursday, everything will will fine.

Everything is linked to your account. So wherever you log in to your account, app, laptop, desktop or whatever, you should be able to see everything.

I purchased the Photopass online, but there's nothing that references it on the Disneyland app. When I go to the Photopass area on the app, there's an option to "link photos or purchase" but then I have to scan a barcode or enter an ID code... neither of which I have since I bought it online. (I am logged into my account on the app, it has my dining reservations.)

Just go ahead and get your photos and add them to your account. It should know that there was a purchase associated with your email address. You will know if it recognizes your purchase by whether there is a watermark over your photos. If there is, you will need to call them to figure out why it doesn't "see" your purchase. Mine didn't but they looked it up and fixed it after I got home. No hurry. Just add the photos as you go and make sure they show up.

Is there a way to get them with the CD too? I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's confused by Photo Pass!!

I'm going to piggyback on this question as we've never done Memory Maker or PhotoPass but I am considering it for our upcoming trip (12 days!!!!)

Where in the parks are all the PhotoPass locations? You don't need to list them all for me, but if there is someplace with a map or list of them all, a link would be super helpful.

In your option, would you say the PhotoPass locations are plentiful?

We are having character meals at Ariel's Grotto and Minnie's Breakfast at the Plaza Inn. Our daughter also has an appointment at Anna & Elsa's Boutique. Will there be PhotoPass photographers at these locations?

Thanks!

I'm going to piggyback on this question as we've never done Memory Maker or PhotoPass but I am considering it for our upcoming trip (12 days!!!!)

Where in the parks are all the PhotoPass locations? You don't need to list them all for me, but if there is someplace with a map or list of them all, a link would be super helpful.

In your option, would you say the PhotoPass locations are plentiful?

We are having character meals at Ariel's Grotto and Minnie's Breakfast at the Plaza Inn. Our daughter also has an appointment at Anna & Elsa's Boutique. Will there be PhotoPass photographers at these locations?

Thanks!
If you look on the Disneyland app, one of the categories at the top is "PhotoPass." It'll show you where the photographers are. PhotoPass locations can be plentiful or non-existent, depending on the expected crowd level and the weather.

There are no PhotoPass people at the A&E boutique. At Ariel's and Plaza Inn, you get a picture taken when you arrive, but nothing in the actual venue - it's up to you to take pictures with the characters.

Photopass locations are not nearly as plentiful as they are at WDW, but I always felt like there were more than enough to justify the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter