Photo Package for two rooms

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
I am looking into purchasing the unlimited photo package for our trip. Does this work like photopass at WDW where you just scan your card with photographers and then you can download all your pictures when you get home? Also, we have two rooms booked together, can any of us scan for the pictures? I remember seeing a vlogger a while back say that the photo package wouldn't work for all their rooms.

From what I understand the photo package is per room. As long as one person from that room is in the pictures you get the photo. I thought I heard that they use facial recognition for this, so you may not be able to just swipe from the main room if no one from that room is in the photo. That being said, this was from before Disney was handling the photos themselves (they used to use a 3rd party) so things might have changed.

I am looking into purchasing the unlimited photo package for our trip. Does this work like photopass at WDW where you just scan your card with photographers and then you can download all your pictures when you get home? Also, we have two rooms booked together, can any of us scan for the pictures? I remember seeing a vlogger a while back say that the photo package wouldn't work for all their rooms

Yes, they take your room number - they don't really scan your card. You must pick up your pictures BEFORE you leave the ship. Unlimited package is per room. There is a way to get a discount on the second room though (I forget how to do it exactly). Also, as long as someone from your room is in the picture, it will be included.

In the past, we were able to add a small number of pictures that were taken of grandparents only in a second room to the first room, but YMMV.

If you choose the all photos package for one of your rooms before you sail, you can add the second room for 50% off once onboard.

Thanks to you both. That helps.
As noted, since there's been a change in providers, I'm not sure it works the same, but here's how it went before:

Room A purchase the full package pre-cruise (pre-cruise discount). Once onboard, Room A & B go to the photo shop and purchase the full package for 50% off. That way any pictures taken with anyone in either room is included.

An alternate is only one room purchases the package, and as long as at least one person from that room is in a photo that photo will be included in the folio.

In my experience, they at least looked at my KTTW card, and most times scanned it, to insure the photo was added to the folio.

As noted, since there's been a change in providers, I'm not sure it works the same, but here's how it went before:

Room A purchase the full package pre-cruise (pre-cruise discount). Once onboard, Room A & B go to the photo shop and purchase the full package for 50% off. That way any pictures taken with anyone in either room is included.

An alternate is only one room purchases the package, and as long as at least one person from that room is in a photo that photo will be included in the folio.

In my experience, they at least looked at my KTTW card, and most times scanned it, to insure the photo was added to the folio.

It used to be an outside company and I believe it is now Disney themselves handling the photos. We sailed in October and they still did honor the same 50% off second room price option if you pre-ordered the first room. The difference now is that you don't have to pre-pay for it since it is an option on your cruise plans instead of paying the outside company.

It used to be an outside company and I believe it is now Disney themselves handling the photos. We sailed in October and they still did honor the same 50% off second room price option if you pre-ordered the first room. The difference now is that you don't have to pre-pay for it since it is an option on your cruise plans instead of paying the outside company.
The object of the pre-cruise purchase was that it was cheaper than purchasing the full package once onboard. You could either pre-purchase the full package (lower cost) or buy once onboard (full price). Both options qualified for the "one room must purchase a full package to get the second room at 50% off"

When my wife and mother-in-law were in a 2nd room, we were told that anyone in the 'nuclear family' (dad/mom/children under 18) gets included in the package even if they are spread among rooms. So we didn't have to pay to add her.

When my wife and mother-in-law were in a 2nd room, we were told that anyone in the 'nuclear family' (dad/mom/children under 18) gets included in the package even if they are spread among rooms. So we didn't have to pay to add her.
Yes, well, in the past, if there are minor children in another room they are included in a package that the parents (in another room) have purchased.
But, if one parent was in a different room (for example - Room A = Dad, 2 minor kids, Room B = Mom, Grandma), and room A purchased the package, only photos with Dad & 2 minors are included. If room B purchased any photos with Mom, Dad, 2 minors would be included as well as Grandma.

At least that's the way it usually worked, but I'm certain that it didn't work that way on occasion.

As recently as December they were not scanning room cards- just asking for the room number.

The object of the pre-cruise purchase was that it was cheaper than purchasing the full package once onboard. You could either pre-purchase the full package (lower cost) or buy once onboard (full price). Both options qualified for the "one room must purchase a full package to get the second room at 50% off"

There is still the option to pre-purchase the full package at a discount, but oddly it appears to just be added to your cruise 'My Plans' section under 'Onboard Fun'. I didn't have to prepay the way I did when it was through mycruisephotos.com .

We bought the package in January. We had two rooms. Our room paid for the package. We had my friend, her 18 year old, and myself in our room. The other room had grandma and my friends 12 year old. Because the 12 year old was in the other room, they were included in our picture package. They did not ask for our card, but our room number and a name on the room. Below is what the website says:

Your photo USB will contain photos that include at least one member of your stateroom party. We can accommodate families traveling in more than one stateroom where at least one of the occupants of the second stateroom is a child 20 years old or younger. If you meet this criteria, please book one photo package online and speak to a member of the Shutters Photo Team when you arrive on board to have this arranged. We are not able to link accounts before you are on the ship.

Ok, wait, this is making me happier. We're going in August. My mom and son are in one room together (when we first booked my dad was going with us but sadly he passed away, so instead of a single occupant, we moved my son into my mom's room). So if my husband and I purchase the photo package, we can get my mom and her room combined because my son is in that room too and he's 14?

So if my husband and I purchase the photo package, we can get my mom and her room combined because my son is in that room too and he's 14?
If I understand how it was explained to me in the past (and obviously everything is subject to change), you should get in the package any picture that has you, your husband, or your son in it. A picture that just has your mom SHOULD be excluded, but they might be nice and add it in.

If I understand how it was explained to me in the past (and obviously everything is subject to change), you should get in the package any picture that has you, your husband, or your son in it. A picture that just has your mom SHOULD be excluded, but they might be nice and add it in.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter