• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo package cost

scrapycruiser

DIS Veteran
How much is the photo package if you purchase it online prior to the cruise ?
If we decided to purchase a 2nd package for our sons cabin after we board is it 50% off.
Seems I read that somewhere.

How much is the photo package if you purchase it online prior to the cruise ?
If we decided to purchase a 2nd package for our sons cabin after we board is it 50% off.
Seems I read that somewhere.
If you purchase the full digital package pre-cruise it's 15% off. For any full price digital package you purchase (pre-cruise purchase counts as full price), you can purchase an additional full digital package onboard for a second room at 50% off the regular full purchase price.

There are other packages besides the full (all photos) package. Prices for the packages vary depending on cruise lenght. To see the costs for available packages on your cruise use this link: https://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/...hy&utm_medium=Disney&utm_campaign=Photography

To piggyback on the previous question...
I see on the “My Cruise Photos” site, the package is $295.95 when I add it to my cart. There is also an icon advertising 15% off when purchased in advance. Is the 15% already taken off the $295, or is $295 the price before the discount? I see a place to enter my personal info and credit card number, but not a discount. Is there a promotional code I need to enter?

Thank you!

I also saw that Disney Visa card members get a 10% discount on cruise photo packages. Anyone know if this discount still exists and if it can be applied online to the pre-purchase deal prices?

I also saw that Disney Visa card members get a 10% discount on cruise photo packages. Anyone know if this discount still exists and if it can be applied online to the pre-purchase deal prices?

No, you cannot use the Disney Visa discount on pre-purchase price. It's for onboard, full price packages.

Is there anyway to get the photo package without borders?

Iirc, you have to add them yourself with the kiosks in Shutters onboard. At least that's what I think I did.

So what is the cost per print? I am thinking probably less than 10 photos I would want. $300 is a lot for a few shots.

To piggyback on the previous question...
I see on the “My Cruise Photos” site, the package is $295.95 when I add it to my cart. There is also an icon advertising 15% off when purchased in advance. Is the 15% already taken off the $295, or is $295 the price before the discount? I see a place to enter my personal info and credit card number, but not a discount. Is there a promotional code I need to enter?

Thank you!

That is the discounted price.

There is a 10 print package, but that is not discounted. If you only want about 10 pictures, then the all inclusive is not for you. We pre-bought the all inclusive package, and went home with over 95 pictures from our 7 night cruise. My family took over 1000 pictures of our own as well, but of the final 50 that I liked enough to print out once I got home, over 20 of them came from the package, so to me, it was worth it.

OP, @scrapycruiser is correct, you can get a 50% discount on the second cabin. You don't need that if your children are young, but if they are your adult children (maybe with their own family), this can be a good option for you. Remember, anyone in any shots you are in will already come in the first package. We traveled with my sister's family, so we went for the second cabin discount and split the cost. One thing to realize is that you can't buy this second one in advance, only on the ship. (It took my a lot of searching before I realized that!) Which also means the 50% discount is in place of the 15% discount for the second cabin. Still worth it for us, though.

Remember, you have until the last full day of the cruise to cancel your package if you see that you aren't getting enough good shots and would rather get a smaller package, individual photos, or none at all.

Enjoy!

We just completed a B2B and we got 15% off cruise one photos by prepaying and 50% off on the photo package on cruise two.

Hope this helps somebody wanting photos on B2B cruises.

There is a 10 print package, but that is not discounted. If you only want about 10 pictures, then the all inclusive is not for you. We pre-bought the all inclusive package, and went home with over 95 pictures from our 7 night cruise. My family took over 1000 pictures of our own as well, but of the final 50 that I liked enough to print out once I got home, over 20 of them came from the package, so to me, it was worth it.

OP, @scrapycruiser is correct, you can get a 50% discount on the second cabin. You don't need that if your children are young, but if they are your adult children (maybe with their own family), this can be a good option for you. Remember, anyone in any shots you are in will already come in the first package. We traveled with my sister's family, so we went for the second cabin discount and split the cost. One thing to realize is that you can't buy this second one in advance, only on the ship. (It took my a lot of searching before I realized that!) Which also means the 50% discount is in place of the 15% discount for the second cabin. Still worth it for us, though.
Another question- I am cruising with friends, and we will be in a lot of pics together. Can we prebuy the photo package and then when we board can we get another for the 50% discount? Our reservations are linked.

Remember, you have until the last full day of the cruise to cancel your package if you see that you aren't getting enough good shots and would rather get a smaller package, individual photos, or none at all.

Enjoy!
If I have linked reservations with friends, can we buy 1 and get 1 1/2 off for the photo packages?

If I have linked reservations with friends, can we buy 1 and get 1 1/2 off for the photo packages?
I believe that offer is only applicable to the full digital package. Not the small ones.

From the My Cruise Photos website:

For larger families traveling together across multiple staterooms, we offer a discount on unlimited Digital Photo discs/USBs: Purchase the unlimited package for one stateroom, and the second unlimited disc/USB is 50% off the onboard price.

The key verbiage here is "50% off the onboard price". Do not be fooled by the discounted online pre-cruise price - it will be a few dollars more than that.

If this is like how My Cruise Photos run things on RCI, then there will probably be a small package discount during the last couple of days of the cruise that will work out to about $10-15USD/print or so. We got 20 for this price, so you can probably see how pre-purchasing the USB or print package represents better value.

We will be purchasing the USB package for our Allure cruise in August (RCI is also My Cruise Photos... I think). Might be too far out for some of you, but I'll try to keep notes as they probably run the same procedure on DCL.

larger families traveling together across multiple staterooms

Here is the other key phrase. "Larger families." I was related to the people in the other stateroom, not just linked reservations, so I can't say for sure. Still, they might not care too much if you are related or not.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with getting a 50% discount on the second linked stateroom when they are just friends of yours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter