• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo blankets fleece plush, question if you have ever ordered one....

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I have thought of a great gift for my kids this year. they all love receiving blankets. The softer/warmer, the better. Each of my kids are attached to one of the pets. Example, the cat was a family pet, but my 19 yo DS had the closest relationship with her. She passed away in October. My little min-pin was always my 21 daughter's, because she wanted her at the shelter 6 years ago, so we adopted her. My husky was purchased by my 23 yo DS almost 4 years ago. He researched breeders, saved up his money and we traveled to Maryland to get her. I call her MY husky because guess who she is attached to? Plus, I am the one who takes care of her. DS is in MA.

Each blanket would have a picture of "their" pet. My son is in MA going to school, my daughter is in FL going to school, so they are away from their dogs and my youngest is at the house, but his cat in no longer there. I have the perfect picture for each blanket. I went to upload them to the store website, and the picture of the huskey flashed a warning that the resolution was too low and that the picture may come out blurry. I went to the store to talk to someone in photo and she said that sometimes the pictures come out slightly blurry, but the over all effect is OK, but there would be no way of telling until I saw the blanket. WTH?

Has anyone ever gotten one of these photo blankets? How does the end product look?

I have thought of a great gift for my kids this year. they all love receiving blankets. The softer/warmer, the better. Each of my kids are attached to one of the pets. Example, the cat was a family pet, but my 19 yo DS had the closest relationship with her. She passed away in October. My little min-pin was always my 21 daughter's, because she wanted her at the shelter 6 years ago, so we adopted her. My husky was purchased by my 23 yo DS almost 4 years ago. He researched breeders, saved up his money and we traveled to Maryland to get her. I call her MY husky because guess who she is attached to? Plus, I am the one who takes care of her. DS is in MA.

Each blanket would have a picture of "their" pet. My son is in MA going to school, my daughter is in FL going to school, so they are away from their dogs and my youngest is at the house, but his cat in no longer there. I have the perfect picture for each blanket. I went to upload them to the store website, and the picture of the huskey flashed a warning that the resolution was too low and that the picture may come out blurry. I went to the store to talk to someone in photo and she said that sometimes the pictures come out slightly blurry, but the over all effect is OK, but there would be no way of telling until I saw the blanket. WTH?

Has anyone ever gotten one of these photo blankets? How does the end product look?
I had one made for my daughter last Christmas. I used Collage.com and it is beautiful! Really happy with it. It is a picture of her dog, too. The colors are vibrant. One side is sherpa. They probably have some good deals online right now.

We've done photo blankets, if the photo resolution on the photo you want to use isn't high enough, I would suggest doing a collage of multiple photos of that pet. Photos that are blown up larger than their resolution will support can look anywhere from just a little blurry to almost unrecognizable. When picking your photos to use, make sure you're using the original digital file, not a copy of the photo you've pulled off of Facebook, or a compressed version that has been sent from another format. The site should give you the minimum file size recommendations for each photo size.

Not a blanket but I've had overnight bags printed with some art on them, the process is pretty similar. Seconding everything AgentMama said. You need a BIG file size with a lot of detail for it to come out nice and clear. Overshooting the recommendations is never a problem but undershooting them will lead to a blurry picture.

I’ve bought several of them, and pillows too. They are relatively thin blankets, but my daughter loves it. For the blanket, I did a collage of her kids and pets, and she cried when she saw it. For Mother’s Day, I added the pillows with different photos.

The quality was better than expected, although not as thick as I expected. They were not expensive (and I think I got the pillows through a deal on Groupon), and a great gift. I can’t remember where I ordered them from, though.

There is really no way of telling whether it would be acceptable until it's printed. The collage idea is a good one.

I had one done for my son at Walmart. It was of his Blue Heeler. It also had resolution problems, it did however turn out very nice. He loves his blanket. It’s not really thick but it is special to him.

I've had several made. The one I had made with just one big picture on it, I used Photoshop to up the resolution of the picture. Like someone said above, if you do a few smaller pictures then it may not be as noticeable if it's not quite as sharp. You can check and see what they're minimum resolution is for the pictures. I'd say if you're close then you should be fine. The pictures are a bit soft anyway because they're on a blanket so it is a bit forgiving.

The least expensive Fleece blanket is quite thin, but still nice and soft. Of course, the next step up fleece is nicer. I've had them made at Walmart, Collage.com & a friend used Walgreen's. I also had a pillow made using Walmart and it came out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter