Phone lines overwhelmed, how shocking<<<sarcasm

GoofysNCCrew

I'm surrounded by idiots
DVC members phone line overwhelmed by calls for new AP. Ringing busy or cutting you off. How predictable the way they set these things up. Unable to get through.

I had to call because I have several upcoming trips where I need the ticket credit to go toward APs. Got into the waiting room around 9:04 and it said 10 minutes. Still waiting a little over 30 minutes later.

It'll be interesting to see if they can do ticket upgrades over the phone. I thought in the past you had to do that in person? but maybe not. I haven't been able to find the ticket upgrade fine print.

I'd also like confirmation that there is no discount on the IncrediPass for DVC members.

Most reports are that upgrades need to go through ticketing and not DVC as they have never had that ability before.

I called Disney Ticketing yesterday in an attempt to upgrade 2 three-day passes (that were unused due to covid shut down) into AP's. Waited on hold for 15 minutes then got a message saying "if you're a DVC member, press 1". I did. Got transferred to DVC. Waited on hold for 40 minutes.

Explained my request to upgrade 2 existing passes to the DVC cast member and she said "we can't do that today". I asked if Disney Ticketing could have done it and she said that Disney ticketing has asked that DVC handle all AP requests for any DVC members (to lighten Disney Ticketing's workload). I asked the DVC cast member why she "couldn't do it today" and she said that there are a small number of DVC staff that are handling ticket upgrade requests and that they aren't taking calls. She said that if I wanted to upgrade tickets that she had to fill out a call-back form and that I would have to wait up to 14 days to receive a call-back from one of their few folks that are processing such requests. I asked if I could get it done any quicker through Disney Ticketing and she said that once they found out I was a DVC member, they would just refer me back to DVC and I'd still have to get on the call-back list.

I advised that I'm going to be in Florida in 10 days and wanted to be able to make park reservations. I am staying off property. She stated that unless I could show a DVC reservation within the next 14 days, that there was nothing they would do to expedite the process. I asked what I could do if I don't receive a call-back prior to my travel to Florida and she said "buy the tickets from guest services" when you get to the park. When I brought up that that scenario would not allow me to make a park reservation until the day I arrived at guest services, she said "there's nothing I can do".

I don't think getting reservations, even day of, will likely be a problem. The totally insufficient staffing allocated to what is a totally predictable request (i.e. DVC members calling to upgrade passes) seems par for the course :-(

I don't think getting reservations, even day of, will likely be a problem. The totally insufficient staffing allocated to what is a totally predictable request (i.e. DVC members calling to upgrade passes) seems par for the course :-(

Well, I'm not surprised. Unfortunately, Disney is facing staffing problems just like the rest of us. I try not to take it out on the cast members. They are doing the best they can.

Management on the other hand, come on, it didn't take a genius to anticipate higher demand for ticket upgrades this year.

It would have been nice if ticketing and DVC were better trained on this issue. It would be even nicer if upgrades were available in MDE. However, that may just be too complicated with discount brokers, etc.

They did manage to allow you to purchase a Sorcerer Pass certificate online. That's a plus.

Not sure if it's apples to apples, but my sister, who's just celebrating 30 years with the company, told me yesterday that hiring in Anaheim has seen a sharp uptick in the last few weeks. Not sure if it's related to extended unemployment benefits and other subsidies expiring, and no idea if it will translate to the Florida employment market, but applicant interest and hiring is definitely picking up here in So Cal.

I called Disney Ticketing yesterday in an attempt to upgrade 2 three-day passes (that were unused due to covid shut down) into AP's. Waited on hold for 15 minutes then got a message saying "if you're a DVC member, press 1". I did. Got transferred to DVC. Waited on hold for 40 minutes.

Explained my request to upgrade 2 existing passes to the DVC cast member and she said "we can't do that today". I asked if Disney Ticketing could have done it and she said that Disney ticketing has asked that DVC handle all AP requests for any DVC members (to lighten Disney Ticketing's workload). I asked the DVC cast member why she "couldn't do it today" and she said that there are a small number of DVC staff that are handling ticket upgrade requests and that they aren't taking calls. She said that if I wanted to upgrade tickets that she had to fill out a call-back form and that I would have to wait up to 14 days to receive a call-back from one of their few folks that are processing such requests. I asked if I could get it done any quicker through Disney Ticketing and she said that once they found out I was a DVC member, they would just refer me back to DVC and I'd still have to get on the call-back list.

I advised that I'm going to be in Florida in 10 days and wanted to be able to make park reservations. I am staying off property. She stated that unless I could show a DVC reservation within the next 14 days, that there was nothing they would do to expedite the process. I asked what I could do if I don't receive a call-back prior to my travel to Florida and she said "buy the tickets from guest services" when you get to the park. When I brought up that that scenario would not allow me to make a park reservation until the day I arrived at guest services, she said "there's nothing I can do".

Why not just make them with the tickets now as an offsite guest and then deal with it when you are there?

If there is an issue with no availability because it’s a different bucket then wait to upgrade the last day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter