~~~ Philarmagic Fast passes If I pick them up between 11-11:45 what time will show be

gatorflash22

Earning My Ears
Also do you think a 2.5 yr old will like it? Should we pick up the fp before lunch? Like tgm suggests but I am afraid it will be for a time that will affect our break which will be between 2-5 Pm.
What do you think?

You will not need a FP for Philharmagic and most of the time the machines are not running anymore (except for GAD FP cards).

I just now that you are not getting outdated info somewhere :rolleyes1 ;)

wanted to add you can use the FP anytime after the window opens. If it says 2-3pm you can go back at 6pm and you will still be allowed to enter. They are good till close that night.

Not only will you not have to get a fp for Philharmagic (if they even have the fp machine oen for it), you don't have to worry about the return time..you can return anytime at all - right up until the official park closing (emh not included) - as long as it's not before the start time of the return window.

As for the fastpass thing, the prior posters are absolutely correct in that you won't need them. For Philharmagic, there is no big line or crowd.

As for whether a 2.5-yr-old will enjoy it, if the child knows/recognizes some of the stories/characters involved (Donald, especially, but also Lumiere, Ariel, Jasmine and Aladdin, Simba, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell) they should enjoy it. The theater does get dark, but there is nothing really scary in the show once the champagne corks are finished popping and the big broomstick is finished stomping across the stage. These were the only two iffy moments for the just-under-three-yr-old who was with us last trip. In the end he loved it, especially the finale. He's a huge duck fan in general, whether Donald or otherwise. He liked helping Donald keep up with the hat. :3dglasses

If it gets intimidating, but your child is not upset/needing to leave, try just watching without the glasses on. It's kind of out of focus, but there is no 3D effects without the glasses so it is less intense. We did this during Muppets when something (still don't know what, specifically) kind of freaked him out.

If you're still in need of help/information in general, let me know if I can help.
Have a great trip!

As the PP's have mentioned you will not need one for Philharmagic. If you want a little spoiler you can watch Philharmagic on youTube to see if your son would enjoy it. It is a great show and I don't think you should miss it, this video does it no justice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=rc8sMF5sNt8&v=5tMCqtdILDs

Also, use your Fast Pass choice wisely as you are limited to how many you can have at once. This was taken from wdwinfo.com:

One thing to keep in mind, there are restrictions as to how many passes you can have at once. Your FASTPASS will have the time that you can get your next FASTPASS printed on it. (Usually this is when your current FASTPASS can be used or after two hours have elapsed.) Don't plan on going from one FASTPASS attraction to another gathering up slips. These machines are smart and won't issue another until your current pass allows it.

And im sure you will need one for Peter Pan if you plan on riding it. That ride always has the longest line.

Have fun!

We absolutely didn't need a fastpass for Phil in mid-June. I'd use that slot to grab one for a different attraction. Have you tried the TGM forums? If you have TGM specific questions, the posters there can let you know where to stick with Mike and where his info is outdated.

We went on an afternoon in June and practically walked in with no wait, so I concur with not needing a FP. My 2-year-old was timid about a lot of the shows and rides, but this is one that she LOVED!

for some reason i decided on getting fast passes for this, last trip, even though there was no line at all. the cm basically (politely) told me i was wasting my time and gave me fast passes for peter pan instead :)

Yeah, when we went last March, the fastpass machines and line were both closed for Philharmagic -- the only wait was just waiting for the next show.

Funny thing, though, was that I got "bonus" fastpasses at Pooh for Philharmagic on that same day. Would have been nice to have gotten them for something that actually was taking fastpass! ;)

my 2.5 year old was terrified! The next year he loved it. The main thing that scared him was the point in which they spray air freshener. So when dd wanted to do it again later in the trip I just had him sit on my lap, not wear the glasses, and I covered the sprayer in front of me when I knew it would spray (during Be our guest). I love this show. It's a favorite. Not as "scary" as Bug's life in AK. That was like torture for my kids. We still haven't been back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter