Pets at Portafino...........????????

HauntFreaks.com, why kill it, I got this thread going, until I mentioned the situation at the US.IOA hotels nobody even knew this exsisted.

Hi,

I am so amazed how upset you are getting regarding "pets"
I just got back from HRH and RP with my yorkie. First HRH told me that pets stay only on the 5th floor. At RP they stay on the 1st floor, but they didnot have any room available so they upgraded me to a suite on the 3rd floor. I really enjoy taking her for walks around the "pet walking area" The landscaping if beautiful. What I did mind was kids running and screeming in the halls at all mornings and at night. Also, why don't you worry about who 's been sleeping in the bed (have you ever watched news report regarding this) If the hotel says they will not put you in a pet room, stop your worrying. The pet rooms I have been in are very clean, I have been in other room and you can still smell vomit where some child has thrown up in. For you traveling pet owners I like the Portofina best for pets. They put you on the 1st floor close to the pet walking area and the door opening outside is great you don't have to meet these anti-pet people. Just enjoy yourself Lowes Hotel's are great.

WOW! As an allergy and asthma person I would not chance getting sick. Cleaning the carpets is not enough. Dander gets everywhere. In the drapes, bedspreads and the air. I would get sick in 30 minutes and it would take days to feel 100%. That is if I did not end up in the ER. At any hotel I always ask for non-smoking. Which is not always the case. If I smell a smoker has been in the room, I ask to be moved. And I have to check the pillows to make sure they are not feather. I know my chances at a Disney hotel are better than at a Universal one for a pet free room. Of course anywhere you go you never really know.

Maggie... I hardly think that the people that have replied to this post are considered ANTI PET PEOPLE . JUst concernced consumers. Like many people have stated... its not the pets but the fact that they are NOT always kept in pet rooms, that have people concerned. You pointed this out only all to well. You were given a room on the 3 floor rather than the first. Knowing that they do this for people...how are we to know which room has been visited by a pet??? You made a satement about noisey kids.... does that make you an ANTI KID PERSON?

DisneyDazed, I agree with everything you said. Maggiebelle's post about children upset me and I didn't want to say what I was thinking. Now we are comparing kids with animals. She obviously doesn't have children. I know, I know.....you think of your pet as your child. Well I have both and believe me my children and pets are loved a lot, but there is no comparing the two in my opinion. Please lets stay on the subject and not let comments like this become the topic.

Maggiebelle, amusement parks are for children and they stay at hotels and resorts surrounding them. If you don't like screaming running excited kids, then I don't think Universal is your cup of tea to begin with, is it?

RobinLyn :D

You go maggiebelle. I have 1 husband, 3 children and 2 dogs. We consider our dogs part of the family.:D I teach my children to respect all living creatures. My husband goes monthly for allergy shots and has no problems with our pets or the rooms at tht HRH and PBH. We are going to the RPH in Aug. and animal dander did not cross our minds. We just hope it does not rain. That will spoil our fun!!! I think amusement parks are not for children or pets . Can they ride the HULK, DUELING DRAGONS, etc. Thats what the hotel rooms are for.I guess GailT, Donnamerry and Disneydazed never thought about the people before them that they are sharing toliets with?

You go maggiebelle. I have 1 husband, 3 children and 2 dogs. We consider our dogs part of the family.:D I teach my children to respect all living creatures. My husband goes monthly for allergy shots and has no problems with our pets or the rooms at tht HRH and PBH. We are going to the RPH in Aug. and animal dander did not cross our minds. We just hope it does not rain. Now that will spoil all the fun!!! I think amuesment parks are not for pets or the best place for children. Can they ride the HULK, DUELING DRAGONS, etc.? But thats what the rooms are for. I guess GAIL T, DONNA MERRY, AND DISNEYDAZED NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE BEFORE THEM THAT THEY ARE SHARING TOLIETS WITH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter