Pete's Dragon

Mama Mouse

DIS Veteran
Am I the only one who loves this fantastic old movie? Man I loved this when I was a kid! Even named my first dog Elliott! I think they should incorporate him into the parks somehow-maybe with Figment!

I love Pete's Dragon! I had it on VHS and just recently got it on DVD. I love all the songs and listen to the soundtrack often! :goodvibes

Pete's Dragon was one of my favourites as a kid! It's now become one of my ultimate 'comfort' movies.

It's one of the reasons why I love MSEP, the addition of Elliot. :lovestruc

We ove it at our house. My oldest DS has watched it at least a million times. My personal favorie Disney song is "Candle on the Water".

I too love this movie. I am glad to see Elliot is back with Main Street Electric Light Parade. I wish I was going down to see it this summer but we are not. Ds is and plans to video tape it for us.

The dragon is fine, Helen Reddy ruins the movie for me.

You know I loved this movie as a child. I revisited it as a guy in my twenties, and I didn't like it so much. However, I have kids of my own now, so it may be time to pull it back out.

I loved pete's dragon as a kid as well it's been a long time since i have seen i will have maybe rent for my son and see how likes it! although i will tell you he is all about cars!

I just found my lost copy of this today. I had already replaced it though.
If anyone wants a copy, (though it is Region 2) PM me. :goodvibes

Its on my "top" Disney movie lists. It was the favorite of my older brother (who is named Peter!). I love the songs Candle on the Water and the "I love you too" song that Pete and Elliot sing to eachother before entering Passamaquadi!

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post on Disboards.com.

I just noticed some of the discussions on the Pete's Dragon film. I have to say I totally love this film. For many reasons. Such as, great casting, wonderful songs, the movie sets and costumes are great as well. I know Disney really wanted Pete's Dragon to be their Mary Poppins back in the seventies. Even though it did not met up to their financial expectations. I still believe Pete's Dragon is a great film and it holds up wonderfully.

Take care and have fun!

It is my absolute favorite! I am so excited about seeing MSEP this trip because Elliot is in it!

Count me in as another Elliott lover in the MSEP. As a kid seeing Elliott was the highlight of my trip as my brother and i watched the movie often. I stumbled across a tidbit about the movie that portions of it where filmed in DHs hometown and he was stunned! And he thought he knew most of the movies filmed in the small beach community :lmao:

:thumbsup2 One of my favorite non-animated Disney films! Helen Reddy annoys me in this film, but I can't deny that she has a beautiful voice.

I remember fighting with my brother and sister over who got to listen to the soundtrack first. :rotfl:

Just returned from Fort Wilderness and Pete's Dragon was the first campfire/movie night while we we there! Despite being a huge Disney fan (always watched the World of Disney on Sunday nights), I just didn't remember ever seeing Pete's Dragon!! We really enjoyed it!

Also, interesting to note that the stage at Fort Wilderness for Chip and Dale and the campfire host when not in use is decorated as Doc Terminus's medicine cart!!! I thought maybe at first it was just there for the showing of Pete's Dragon but it was still the same the day we left! I think it is part of the permanent decor of the campfire!!!

I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but when I was little I remember being terrified by it!

I love the song "Candle on the Water," though. May be time to rewatch the film now that I'm older and braver. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter