Pete said something on the 03/28/20 live show that got me thinking....

I think they'll open all 4 parks at once, if for no other reason than the parks that do open will be very crowded..which we don't want. I think high capacity activities like fireworks where people squeeze in together and parades will not start right away. Also meet and greets... anything where there's a lot of folks and a lot of touching (LOL). any shows where people are packed together really tight - like Fantasmic. Or either they will limit the amount of folks allowed into Fantasmic. I also think Pete is right about more virtual queues. Perhaps they will also lower the capacity allowance per park.

Just my thoughts... that's all.
I definitely think they’ll limit the number of people who can stand in a queue at one time. But what about the ride vehicle itself? Ask the guest to wipe down the handlebars and arm rests themselves??? Sitting in a ride vehicle that dozens of other people sat in before me is pretty concerning to me right now.

I think they'll open all 4 parks at once, if for no other reason than the parks that do open will be very crowded..which we don't want. I think high capacity activities like fireworks where people squeeze in together and parades will not start right away. Also meet and greets... anything where there's a lot of folks and a lot of touching (LOL). any shows where people are packed together really tight - like Fantasmic. Or either they will limit the amount of folks allowed into Fantasmic. I also think Pete is right about more virtual queues. Perhaps they will also lower the capacity allowance per park.

Just my thoughts... that's all.
I think you are right about all of this. I can't even imagine what the parades, shows and fireworks are going to be like.:crazy2::sad::headache:

Another factor to think about is that there are a lot of people that going to be out of workforce at least an average of 1.5 months probably on unemployment. That’s if they are lucky enough to be working for a company that is carrying them on the payroll (with insurance) thru May 1 (which more than a few are doing). But not everyone is that lucky and they will out of work and on unemployment for the whole time and right now no one knowe when that will be! Which means there’s going to be a lot people playing catch up for the rest of the year with mortgages, rent and bills not worrying about WDW vacation or any type of vacation for awhile ! Let’s not kid ourselves, this shutdown and shelter in place is going to be hurting the working poor and lower income folks for the foreseeable future! So count your blessings and “cut out the belly aching” (to quote Pete), a cancelled vacation,when will they open and what’s going to be open is amoung the last things to be worrying about when people are losing their lives, family members, income ,homes and security thru no fault of their own! So go to Lowe’s, buy some lumber, built a bridge and get hell over your lost vacation, some sadness is okay but there are worse things going on now! Disney will be rolling out all those specials they were talking about to try to get people into the parks when the restrictions are lifted and even with that I believe attendance will probably be down for the remainder of this year which people will be trying to financially recover from this. Of course the first week or so upon reopening (I am thinking around June 15th) will be busy especially with locals and people with disposable incomes that can afford to ride this out and still afford a WDW vacation whenever they want. But I personally think Disney will be dependent on locals more that ever for awhile, much like as Pete said “after 911“ recovery time BTW I would never have believed Disney the corporate business first company would be leading the way by continuing to pay their staff plus their insurance benefits for as long as they have, it is a side of The Disney corporate they should show more often, plus giving the food to the food banks, awesome! Of they can claim it as a lost come tax time but still it is great to see.

I can see them limiting entry to those with an AP or those staying on property only. That will keep the numbers smaller in the beginning. When they reopen, it should be with all 4 parks, no need for the water parks at first. I also agree that they could limit dining and have it so everyone orders from the mobile app.

Another factor to think about is that there are a lot of people that going to be out of workforce at least an average of 1.5 months probably on unemployment. That’s if they are lucky enough to be working for a company that is carrying them on the payroll (with insurance) thru May 1 (which more than a few are doing). But not everyone is that lucky and they will out of work and on unemployment for the whole time and right now no one knowe when that will be! Which means there’s going to be a lot people playing catch up for the rest of the year with mortgages, rent and bills not worrying about WDW vacation or any type of vacation for awhile ! Let’s not kid ourselves, this shutdown and shelter in place is going to be hurting the working poor and lower income folks for the foreseeable future! So count your blessings and “cut out the belly aching” (to quote Pete), a cancelled vacation,when will they open and what’s going to be open is amoung the last things to be worrying about when people are losing their lives, family members, income ,homes and security thru no fault of their own! So go to Lowe’s, buy some lumber, built a bridge and get hell over your lost vacation, some sadness is okay but there are worse things going on now! Disney will be rolling out all those specials they were talking about to try to get people into the parks when the restrictions are lifted and even with that I believe attendance will probably be down for the remainder of this year which people will be trying to financially recover from this. Of course the first week or so upon reopening (I am thinking around June 15th) will be busy especially with locals and people with disposable incomes that can afford to ride this out and still afford a WDW vacation whenever they want. But I personally think Disney will be dependent on locals more that ever for awhile, much like as Pete said “after 911“ recovery time BTW I would never have believed Disney the corporate business first company would be leading the way by continuing to pay their staff plus their insurance benefits for as long as they have, it is a side of The Disney corporate they should show more often, plus giving the food to the food banks, awesome! Of they can claim it as a lost come tax time but still it is great to see.

I agree. It is disappointing to miss out on a vacation. We all work hard to be able to afford this time. We have a trip planned for Aulani for my daughter's HS graduation June 1st that it does not look good for. I feel horrible for her because she is already missing out on senior prom and her graduation ceremony. These are "minor" in the big scheme of things, but they are important milestones for her. If we have to end up cancelling the trip, we will try to go next year. I know Disney will reopen eventually. I am more concerned about what this is doing to our economy. This is a really sad situation all around.

I agree. It is disappointing to miss out on a vacation. We all work hard to be able to afford this time. We have a trip planned for Aulani for my daughter's HS graduation June 1st that it does not look good for. I feel horrible for her because she is already missing out on senior prom and her graduation ceremony. These are "minor" in the big scheme of things, but they are important milestones for her. If we have to end up cancelling the trip, we will try to go next year. I know Disney will reopen eventually. I am more concerned about what this is doing to our economy. This is a really sad situation all around.
I am so sorry for your daughter’s missing graduation, prom and graduation trip, these are very important milestones that cannot be replaced! Bummer,I hadn’t even thought about that aspect of this. They stayed in school and looked forward all these years toward the fun of their senior year and now this ☹️ ,Trips can be replanned but you only get your senior once (hopefully LOL) All of the seniors Class of 2020 are really getting the all the milestones taken away , hopefully once this passes the Classes can come together for some sort of celebration but it will not be the same. Stay safe!

if they do only open with half the parks I wonder how they are going to handle people like myself who booked trips months ago paying full price for park tickets (with park hopper)....and the folks taking the rebook offer, even if they are getting free dining, I assume they are paying full price for hotel rooms and admission. also, how long do they go with several parks closed....few weeks? few months? I'm sure even disney doesn't know yet.

if they do only open with half the parks I wonder how they are going to handle people like myself who booked trips months ago paying full price for park tickets (with park hopper)....and the folks taking the rebook offer, even if they are getting free dining, I assume they are paying full price for hotel rooms and admission. also, how long do they go with several parks closed....few weeks? few months? I'm sure even disney doesn't know yet.
Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!

If you open one park, you have to open them all.
#1. Spreading out the crowd is of utmost importance.
#2. Opening w/a park closed conveys to the public that it's still not safe.
#3. Water parks may be a different story.

I think the time of face character meet and greets are over; we'll see them on a float and have more interactions converted into "Enchanted Tales w/Belle" style of small "shows." I think Tiana and Merida could work-interactive shows where dialog and crowd participation could be fun. Smaller areas, like where Cinderella and Aurora are at, it's hard to imagine what they'd do with that space. Frozen M&G in EPCOT? Turn it into an Olaf M&G? This is tough.

If they only partially re-open, or if they re-open in phases, it would be interesting to see how they handle guests with bookings during that time. Will they be offered a partial refund? Will they be offered the same cancellation policy and/or free dining offer as those who had trips when the park closed? Disney can't expect guests to travel there paying full price when not everything is open. You know there will be people who demand some kind of compensation if they go when some things are still closed, even though they'd be on notice of that. But at the same time, Disney may need to incentivize people to visit during that transitional time. Will be interesting.

I am not local and Disney is a major vacation that we save for.....I would not vacation at Disney if it were not 100% open. I would desperately try to hold off so we weren't taking a vacation that we know going in would be sub par.
I agree. Disney prices are ridiculous these last couple of years. If I found out they were only opening a couple of parks or not having night time shows I would cancel.

It is awful what’s going on. I personally don’t think there will be as huge of a rush to get into the parks as people think. Sure there are some Disney fans that will go no matter what. But there are going to be a lot of people who will be afraid of this ramping up again and not wanting to be in a hotbed or inconsiderate people who some don’t even wash their hands when they go to the bathroom. Now those people are touching rides and railings, and buffet utensils, etc... then you have the people who lost jobs or pay for months and now they need their vacation fund to live during this time.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. One thing is for sure, once they do open I would expect significant cuts, and major price increases to play catch up on the lost income. I think we see some construction projects that haven’t started get scrapped and ones that have started make cuts to reduce the costs.

I can see them limiting entry to those with an AP or those staying on property only. That will keep the numbers smaller in the beginning. When they reopen, it should be with all 4 parks, no need for the water parks at first. I also agree that they could limit dining and have it so everyone orders from the mobile app.
This was my thought too. Limit the initial stream of guests. Let the hotels start to recoup losses and let DVC point usage start the leveling process, and only THEN open to day guests. It's a thought....

See, I think the water parks should open now. Chlorine kills everything.

See, I think the water parks should open now. Chlorine kills everything.
I'm not educated in infectious medicine enough to know whether Chlorine does or does not kill COVID-19, but I am from a state (NJ) where ALL State and County Parks had to be closed. Why? Same thought in both examples - social distancing. I would tend to think that might be REALLY tough in a water park situation, even if it is in an outside, no-underwater-situation like a State or County Park,. Same as beaches, and boardwalks here, BTW. Humans are sometimes NOT the best, or most compliant, when it comes to social distancing - especially when "having fun", or where they perceive less danger, like an outdoor environment. Plus - like I said - tough to enforce, on top of putting those who have to enforce distnacing under great risk also. Just some thoughts from a random non-scientist.

Last edited:
30 million dollar a day lost? Borrowed 7.5 Billion? 50K layoffs in WaltDisneyWorld? This crisis will be felt for YEARS if the theme parked opened tomorrow! Taking my temperature to come to a theme park? Limiting capacity? Price increases? I'll wait...and wait...and wait...

By the time the parks reopen the threat will be minimal. We will either have vaccination available or we will have proven mass immunity (as much as we have with flu atm). Yes this is worse than the flu but we never did get this crazy (worried about ride handles and seats) during heavy flu season. I feel once they open they will be doing what they can to help peoples fears but in reality if your not healthy you should never go to the parks anyway before or after covid. Hopefully all this madness will be behind us soon.

I'm not sure Disney will be the ones deciding how they open the parks. I can't see our governor just allowing every high capacity venue in the state to open at once on day 1 and don't think Florida's governor would either. I anticipate high capacity venues like sporting events and concerts to open later than other businesses and with an enforced lower capacity than full capacity and think that is how theme parks will open.

Locally we have Cedar Point and I would be shocked if they get to decide how and when they open, that will be the governor.

I'm not educated in infectious medicine enough to know whether Chlorine does or does not kill COVID-19, but I am from a state (NJ) where ALL State and County Parks had to be closed. Why? Same thought in both examples - social distancing. I would tend to think that might be REALLY tough in a water park situation, even if it is in an outside, no-underwater-situation like a State or County Park,. Same as beaches, and boardwalks here, BTW. Humans are sometimes NOT the best, or most compliant, when it comes to social distancing - especially when "having fun", or where they perceive less danger, like an outdoor environment. Plus - like I said - tough to enforce, on top of putting those who have to enforce distnacing under great risk also. Just some thoughts from a random non-scientist.

Considering that they are recommending bleach solution as a way to inactivate the virus, it stands to reason that chlorine is effective.

I also think water parks and pools should open. Maybe keep the wave pools and lazy river closed, or seriously limit how many people can go in at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter