Pete quoted in CNN story about Disney price increases

"The bottom line is 'make more money with fewer people. And we don't care who we price out to do it.' And I'm going to tell you that the quality of the product is less, in my opinion, is less now than it was prior to the pandemic, yet the price has gone up considerably," he said.

Couldn't agree more.

I was relistening to the episode where he mentioned this conversation, so thank you for posting it.

When asked about earning more per guest with fewer in attendance, a Disney official instead described "the positive outcome of a strategy that prioritizes the guest experience. When we focus on delivering a world-class experience, we know our guests will spend more time with us immersed in our stories."

A bunch of buzzwords.

I'm not sure where this view might get more attention, but my feeling regarding price increases is that Walt (not to do a 'what would Walt do") wanted his park for the masses, to give the middle/lower classes a high quality place to play.

At a certain point, the person that will be able to afford to go to WDW.....will just as easily, actually go to Europe, or on a jungle safari. Why go to a pretend aquarium, when you can afford to go on a cruise. At a certain point, the middle/upper middle class who the parks were originally intended for, will simply find other venues (can you say Universal) and then, it might be late for WDW to get them back.

I'm not sure where this view might get more attention, but my feeling regarding price increases is that Walt (not to do a 'what would Walt do") wanted his park for the masses, to give the middle/lower classes a high quality place to play.

At a certain point, the person that will be able to afford to go to WDW.....will just as easily, actually go to Europe, or on a jungle safari. Why go to a pretend aquarium, when you can afford to go on a cruise. At a certain point, the middle/upper middle class who the parks were originally intended for, will simply find other venues (can you say Universal) and then, it might be late for WDW to get them back.
I agree with all this, along with what Pete said.

I think this point was made on the Jim Hill/Len Testa podcast, but it can be the same cost to go to the real places in World Showcase instead of WDW and Epcot. Also, I agree on the future issues but the current Disney leadership won't be around when that issue comes to roost (another point from Jim Hill/Len Testa).

Dot. Stay at their hotels or eat their food both two robberies there you can still enjoy the park without all the nonsense frills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter