• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Petco Park Hotel Please

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
I’d like some suggestions on where to stay for going to a game to Petco Park please. I’m hoping to spend under $300/night. Thank you.

There are a lot of choices in walking distance to Petco. Price is going to vary night to night. I have stayed in both the Marriott Marquis and Manchester Grand Hyatt. Both are very nice but I would imagine on a game night push the budget. I've also stayed in the embassy suites, further north and west.

I picked Friday May 19th at random. You got easily a dozen choices of name brand hotels for around 250 to 275 all in right in gaslamp within 5 minutes of Petco walking. If you wanted to stay further away to save 50 bucks there's places in Little Italy (which is a fun neighborhood also).

Thank you. They are definitely more on game night

Of course they are. That's how it is. If you truly want to be within walking distance, it's the price you pay. $300 is about average for hotels in downtown San Diego, in general. I will say, walking to the park is 100% worth it. Trying to get a rideshare after the game is a nightmare of epic proportions, and the surge pricing will cancel out any savings of a hotel located further away.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Less than a mile walk. They do offer a Shuttle Van, but it doesn't go to Petco because of the gridlock, as they put it, we'd never get the shuttle out of there.
I did not know how hilly San Diego is. It is a straight across to Petco park, no hill. But it is very hilly up and back from the waterfront, we did use the shuttle for that.

Hilton Bayfront had a bridge directly to the park. My friend was able to use her Government Discount and we got it for $200. Without a discount it was $300. The Padres had day games Sat and Sun so I would bet prices would be higher with a Sat night game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter