Pet Peeves at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/RIGHT]283]I just thought of one...People who scream on HM, especially teenagers and especially repeated screaming.

I video taped a teenage group once disturbing the heck of some young kids by doing this. So rude. I need to youtube it.

If the ride scares you so much you feel the need to scream the whole time, please don't ride it...

There were some teens doing this when we went. I guess it was normal for them.

When tinkerbell doesn't fly for the fireworks and that is ALL that your 5 year old daughter has been waiting for.

When tinkerbell doesn't fly for the fireworks and that is ALL that your 5 year old daughter has been waiting for.

Boy, I'm sorry Tink didn't risk his/her life because your daughter wanted it. Next time there's a thunderstorm or any sort of dangerous weather situation during your vacation make sure Disney knows you are there -- I'm sure they'll change their policy.

Good one! I spent an hour before Wishes explaining to DD3 about how Tinkerbell would be flying, and guess what, no Tinkerbell that night. :headache:

Quite the opposite. My family is totally aware of you. Here's how we plan. The formation differs based on the size of our Group:

- We use Grandma in the scooter as a Offensive Center. She leads.
- Strollers on either side of her act as our Offensive Tackles, or as you call them "ankle attackers."
- If we have pre-teen/teen girls, they complete the line outside the strollers as Offensive Guards. They're not quite as offensive as the strollers, but they form groups which are hard to break up, so they can move people who weren't displaced by our strollers.
- We use a teenage boy as our Wide Receiver. He goes long, and shouts back if one path is more open than another.
- The rest of the family just follows behind...

That's my offensive strategy designed to move from the front gate to the Castle. Now what's your defensive strategy to counter it? :thumbsup2

(it you can't tell, I just messing around. :))

We're probably guilty of ankle slashing with strollers, but it's accidental. And since the alternative is to be the one with the trampled kid (2 year olds don't move to fast: see the woman arrested thread...), I try to turn the other cheek and laugh when I'm ankle slashed.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Probably get flamed for this:
Packer fans.

Bears were playing the packers this certain day. we were at AK my whole family wearing their Bears gear. My DD was ahead of us in a bears cheerleading uniform and a older lady looks at my DD and says "I hope you get creamed tonight" DD looks at me like what did i do?!? she was 6. Really?

As a totally unbiased, 3rd party reader, I will completely agree with you. ;)

Boy, I'm sorry Tink didn't risk his/her life because your daughter wanted it. Next time there's a thunderstorm or any sort of dangerous weather situation during your vacation make sure Disney knows you are there -- I'm sure they'll change their policy.

Comments like these really warm the heart and touch the soul.

Last trip my DS5 was disappointed that Lights, Motor, Action was rained out. You can still be disappointed without wishing death on Cast Members.:)

I'm sure the OP just expanded on the definition of a peeve. :)

The thing that bothers me the most is when parents are screaming at their children or when families in general are yelling and arguing. I don't mean when parents discipline their children appropriately (it has to be done, even at WDW) or when families have a discussion on where to go to next, I'm talking about those times you cringe because you want to remove a child from a situation where the adult is being ridiculously loud or mean. Like the time I saw a father kick his pre-teen daughter in the behind because she was crying at the entrance to MK. If you are that mad, leave or take a time out.

Probably get flamed for this:
Packer fans.

Bears were playing the packers this certain day. we were at AK my whole family wearing their Bears gear. My DD was ahead of us in a bears cheerleading uniform and a older lady looks at my DD and says "I hope you get creamed tonight" DD looks at me like what did i do?!? she was 6. Really?

As an Englishman with a mild interest in NFL and a major interest in English soccer, I also would totally agree with you. Mild banter, no problem. But what that old lady said to your daughter was unacceptable. I often wear my Liverpool football shirt and love the friendly, jokey chat you get from strangers but there's always 1 person that takes it too far...

As an Englishman with a mild interest in NFL and a major interest in English soccer, I also would totally agree with you. Mild banter, no problem. But what that old lady said to your daughter was unacceptable. I often wear my Liverpool football shirt and love the friendly, jokey chat you get from strangers but there's always 1 person that takes it too far...

exactly! mild banter is different then just being a complete @$$. We did run into more Packer fans who, like you said had fun bantering back and forth we laughed and had a good time.. then there are the "others"
OT:
In Chicago there is a bar called Fado, Where i believe every soccer lover goes and all walks of life it turns into a MMA fight! :lmao:

In Chicago there is a bar called Fado, Where i believe every soccer lover goes and all walks of life it turns into a MMA fight! :lmao:

Fado's pretty cool. One of the few places that probably places priority on English sports over ours.

I'm an American with a mild interest in the Premiere League. GO MANCHESTER UNITED! (I learned this is what you yell to get on the nerves of any PL fan... even other Manchester United fans since they really can't stand themselves either... :))

Things that bother me the most are:

1. Flash photography in attractions
2. People pushing strollers or wheelchairs who don't look out for toes
3. Screaming, crying, tantrum throwing children and their yelling parents
4. People who look like they're having the most miserable time ever
5. When people can't take the time to keep the restrooms clean for all guests
6. People who walk too slowly (or stop even) in a place where its obvious that its a high traffic area!

I may lightly scoff at those things ... but I don't let them get me down while I'm in the World :woohoo:

:rolleyes:

People smoking outside of the designated smoking areas in the parks. Last trip some folks were walking around Epcot smoking in front of us and the smell was really bothering me and it was too crowded to move away from them for a while.

And folks who appear quite able bodied who won't let a pregnant woman carrying a two-year-old sit even when my compromised center of gravity sends me to my knees when the bus takes a turn. Though I feel now that is partly my fault. In hindsight, I should have politely asked someone if I could have their seat, explaining my situation. The worst someone could have said was "no."

People smoking outside of the designated smoking areas in the parks. Last trip some folks were walking around Epcot smoking in front of us and the smell was really bothering me and it was too crowded to move away from them for a while.

And folks who appear quite able bodied who won't let a pregnant woman carrying a two-year-old sit even when my compromised center of gravity sends me to my knees when the bus takes a turn. Though I feel now that is partly my fault. In hindsight, I should have politely asked someone if I could have their seat, explaining my situation. The worst someone could have said was "no."

Or you could have waited for the next bus and been the 1st person to board and get a seat. I have done this many times by letting people behind me go and get on the sardine packed bus. I am then the next person on the next bus and I get a seat and I will NOT give up said seat to someone who thinks I should because they decided not to wait for the next bus.:goodvibes I have gotten yelled at by bus drivers and been told that another bus wouldn't be there for quite a while & to just get on, but I refuse and sure enough another bus does come and I do get on. I am not going to take a chance on getting injured on a bus just because a busdriver says I should get on.:thumbsup2

The thing that bothers me the most is when parents are screaming at their children or when families in general are yelling and arguing. I don't mean when parents discipline their children appropriately (it has to be done, even at WDW) or when families have a discussion on where to go to next, I'm talking about those times you cringe because you want to remove a child from a situation where the adult is being ridiculously loud or mean. Like the time I saw a father kick his pre-teen daughter in the behind because she was crying at the entrance to MK. If you are that mad, leave or take a time out.

How terrible for that kid - I hope this was a complete and total anomaly and not the status quo but probably not. :mad:

One of my rules of thumb is if I, a grown adult, need counseling after watching you interact with your kids you need professional help ... therapist, counselor, executioner ...

How terrible for that kid - I hope this was a complete and total anomaly and not the status quo but probably not. :mad:

One of my rules of thumb is if I, a grown adult, need counseling after watching you interact with your kids you need professional help ... therapist, counselor, executioner ...
:lmao::lmao:

I do not know how how many grown adults would kick their children, and the sad thing is that is how that child is being taught to raise kids.

Or you could have waited for the next bus and been the 1st person to board and get a seat. I have done this many times by letting people behind me go and get on the sardine packed bus. I am then the next person on the next bus and I get a seat and I will NOT give up said seat to someone who thinks I should because they decided not to wait for the next bus.:goodvibes I have gotten yelled at by bus drivers and been told that another bus wouldn't be there for quite a while & to just get on, but I refuse and sure enough another bus does come and I do get on. I am not going to take a chance on getting injured on a bus just because a busdriver says I should get on.:thumbsup2

This works sometimes, but not all the time. If you are staying at a resort such as All-Star Music or Movies, the bus will stop at the other resorts first. By the time the bus arrives at your resort, the bus is partially full and often there are no seats even if you are the "first" one on at your stop. Not to mention, it may be 15 minutes for the next bus to arrive.

Your strategy works best at night, but not in the morning at certain resorts.

Plus, keep in mind what works for you may not work for others. There should be some middle ground here. I think both sides of this argument tend to blow things out of proportion. I have seen many bus drivers who use the automated recorded message that asks guests to kindly give up their seats to those who need them. If someone is pregnant and holding a small child, I would think someone would give up their seat. But I do see how both sides of this hotly debated topic view the opposite side as selfish and I think there's a bit of truth to both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter