Personal use drone.

here757

DIS Veteran
Recently purchased a drone.
The company that makes the drone offers an insurance policy. $0 deductible.
Does anyone have an experience this?
We currently have USAA. They offer policy through another carrier, but appears to be only commercial.
Thanks I’m advance

Hmmm, questions. Why would you want insurance? If it damages something or if it gets damaged? Is it expensive enough to want insurance?
In my head I am imagining something like a toy helicopter so I am guessing that's not at all right but I am intrigued.

Depends how much the device costs vs. the insurance premiums. All insurance is sold by companies running a business so the premiums reflect the risk of damage so they spread their expected costs over the population of people who buy that type of insurance. I would imagine a high percentage of these toys which are really just remote controlled helicopters are easily damaged by running into trees or houses and the flimsy plastic pieces get broken.

Hmmm, questions. Why would you want insurance? If it damages something or if it gets damaged? Is it expensive enough to want insurance?
In my head I am imagining something like a toy helicopter so I am guessing that's not at all right but I am intrigued.

My friend has a drone that cost around $700, and I'm pretty sure that was the least expensive model.
It's a pretty amazing little thing. He has captured some breathtaking images.

If insurance covers the cost of insuring something belonging to someone else that you may damage if your drone malfunctions, how would you even hesitate to buy insurance? My son is a pilot and he hates drones for obvious reasons. Not everyone uses them responsibly.

I don't know, it depends on the cost of insurance I guess.
I was just trying to let the pp know that drones aren't just toy helicopters.

Thanks, I insure all the iphones in the house so it makes sense to insure something that is supposed to fly away from me

If insurance covers the cost of insuring something belonging to someone else that you may damage if your drone malfunctions, how would you even hesitate to buy insurance?
That would be more atteactive, if it actually covers that.

in most cases, consumer experts call replacement insurance a ripoff, i prefer to self insure for replacement, it has always worked out better for me personally, but we also arent rough on our stuff.

OK, toy helicopters that sometimes have cameras. When you say 'drone' most people probably think of the military type devices you sometimes see on the news. Those are certainly not toys and are GPS controlled/self-flying machines with price tags having many 0's !!! Nothing like the type you can buy for home use.

OK, toy helicopters that sometimes have cameras. When you say 'drone' most people probably think of the military type devices you sometimes see on the news. Those are certainly not toys and are GPS controlled/self-flying machines with price tags having many 0's !!! Nothing like the type you can buy for home use.

You can absolutely buy those for home use, they aren't toys but they aren't the ones the military are using either.
https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-drones

There are various sizes and capabilities of drones available for home use.

As with most electronic devices, you have to determine your budget and how you intend to use it. A realtor taking neighborhood pictures will have different requirements from someone shooting professional movies. All of these fly using a remote control device and you have to have line of site to effectively control it.

As with most electronic devices, you have to determine your budget and how you intend to use it. A realtor taking neighborhood pictures will have different requirements from someone shooting professional movies. All of these fly using a remote control device and you have to have line of site to effectively control it.

That is not true.

Find out if your homeowner's insurance covers you if this drone flies off and damages someone else's property (or injures them). It likely won't cover you if it's lost or gets damaged, so find out the cost of that coverage and plan accordingly.

Find out if your homeowner's insurance covers you if this drone flies off and damages someone else's property (or injures them). It likely won't cover you if it's lost or gets damaged, so find out the cost of that coverage and plan accordingly.
Yes my homeowners covers if I damage or hurt someone with the drone. Glad u pointed that out.

for others .. drone was about $500 and had camera.

I have a DJI drone and bought the insurance that cover the drone if i crashed it. (and i did) so they replaced the drone. My house insurance covers me if i hit someone or a house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter