• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

perks of guest of honor badge. . .

HannahG

Earning My Ears
just got back today after a beautiful 8 days at the happiest place in the world. we all had our goh badges(all 5 of us--grandma,grandpa,ma,pa, and 5 yr old). first day got front row seats at hoop de doo review (even though we just recently booked!). also, thanks to justin (working ariels grotto) we got out of a 60 minute wait to meet ariel/ just because we had goh badges. plus everyone calls you by name! highly recommended!

Sounds like you had a great time! Can you tell me what a guest of honor badge is and how you obtained it?

Thanks!!!

We wore ours last summer and they are great. DD could not figure out why everyone knew her name. She really thought she was a GOH. Characters would also personalize their autographs to her instead of just signing a name.

Be careful of the shipping from gifts of a lifetime, it's a little pricey.

Originally posted by HannahG
you can buy them on line from gifts of a lifetime(www.giftsofalifetime.com) or you can buy them in the park when you get there (about $5-6 each--but well worth it)

I think you can get them at Downtown Disney Marketplace...not sure which store though...:confused:

You can not purchase these at a Disney Store - that is a different division of the company, and we rarely sell park distinctive merchandise. Sorry!

The shop at MGM will personalise them for you. i.e. will engrave with any name.

we bought ourDD one on our last visit & she only answers to the shortened version of her name.

Sue

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

giftsofalifetime has this message:
WDW has announced that they will now charge a 30% surcharge on all name tags that must be custom engraved. They have also limited the number of pre-engraved names that are readily available and removed some common names such as Michael.

Are they charging the extra money if you buy them at Disney? Has anyone recently noticed other common names that are no longer available?

Has anyone ever gotten nicknames on these? Do they get the same responce from the CM's ?

I thought I read it has to be a "name" not grandma or mom. But if it's just another "name" you go by I think they'd do it. I'm planning on getting my sister one saying "Toos" (it's what my kids call her) when her name is Susan.

From what I overheard at the hat place on Main Street was that all Disney personized things have to be a real given name and not a nickname of any sort. This CM was talking to someone who wanted to buy Mouse Ears for everyone going to their grandfather's funeral and wanted to know if they could use the names that the grandfather called people by or would it have to be their real given name. So for what it is worth that is what I have heard.

I recently read (at GiftsofaLifetime.com ?) that you are not allowed to use nicknames, i.e. tinkgirl, dizneylvr, etc. Only commonly recognized names. I wanted to engrave the pet names of all our children, but not allowed! :(

how about names like Bob for Robert or Krissy for Kristina, Those kind of nicknames... Don for Donald? It seems like those would be acceptable since they are common and some even Non-nicknames (not sure if non nicknames is proper term but...)

I would have to believe with so many international visitors and therefore unusual names, by US standards, as long as it sounds reasonable they'd do it. I'm sure Bob and Don and Krissy should be fine as you stated - those are REAL names not only nicknames.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter