Period supplies

Skpnwa

Earning My Ears
Hi! It is possible that we might need menstrual supplies while on the cruise. We will prepare by bringing what we think is enough but is it also available at the shops on the shop? Just in case…

Hi! It is possible that we might need menstrual supplies while on the cruise. We will prepare by bringing what we think is enough but is it also available at the shops on the shop? Just in case…
Yes, it is. They have drugstore items in the shops, including period supplies (overpriced, so do bring your own). Just make sure to remember your hairbrush. I forgot mine one cruise, and the only one they had in the shops was a little, hard hairbrush that would have been more suitable for a doll than for a person.

Besides the drug store on the ship you can get stuff before boarding if your worried about luggage space.

Yes, it is. They have drugstore items in the shops, including period supplies (overpriced, so do bring your own). Just make sure to remember your hairbrush. I forgot mine one cruise, and the only one they had in the shops was a little, hard hairbrush that would have been more suitable for a doll than for a person.
Thanks! And I will double-check our hairbrushes - thanks for the advice!

If you might need meds for cramps bring some along, everything in the ship's shop costs A LOT more than in a reg shop. I always bring travel size containers of tums, tylenol, band aides, etc.

consider adding menstrual panties to your arsenal (they changed my life!). I purchased on Amazon a few years back and i can assure you they are a game changer. i purchased on Amazon a few years back and now they are a monthly staple. No, they don't leak. Yes, change them every few hours. I rinse/wash mine in the shower when traveling OR put in a ziplock (rinsed/damp) and toss in washer when you get home. Mine have never stained.

The same is true at airport shops - very little selection and really expensive - so I wouldn't count on "getting stuff before you board" unless you have access to a car beforehand. I am bringing a little "first aid kit" with laxatives, ibuprofen, moleskin, sleeping pills (OTC), a thermometer, oximeter, covid test, band aids . . . . etc.

consider adding menstrual panties to your arsenal (they changed my life!). I purchased on Amazon a few years back and i can assure you they are a game changer. i purchased on Amazon a few years back and now they are a monthly staple. No, they don't leak. Yes, change them every few hours. I rinse/wash mine in the shower when traveling OR put in a ziplock (rinsed/damp) and toss in washer when you get home. Mine have never stained.
Or a menstrual cup. That's what I travel with.

I know my daughter found that one of the bathrooms on the main atrium deck had free tampons in a vending machine. Probably free pads too. This was on the fantasy.

I know my daughter found that one of the bathrooms on the main atrium deck had free tampons in a vending machine. Probably free pads too. This was on the fantasy.
I think I also recall seeing this in the restrooms by Palo on the Wonder and Magic.

I also recommend period panties - and this is completely on topic for a thread on period supplies.

Hey Guys,

I deleted a handful of posts here. Let's keep in mind it is not up to you to judge other posts or comment whether they are appropriate or not. Posts like that will not lead to anything good. If you have a problem with a post please report it to the Moderators and we will do our jobs. Thanks! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and an alternative that sounds easy to pack and travel with. Since DCL has guest laundry facilities on board, this seems like particularly useful advice.

Thank you everyone. I will investigate all of these options for my daughter! Appreciate your help!

I've heard the cup takes a little getting used to, but that's it's own discussion topic, lol.
I always end up taking more than I need because...anxiety

I always pack too much for just in case; or if I know it's coming even more. Better safe than sorry in this case- especially if sailing an itinerary with many sea days or lack of port shopping possibilities.. It is a PIA. Honestly this PIA is one reason to go back on the pill ( where things were clockwork and much lighter- sorry if TIA).

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and an alternative that sounds easy to pack and travel with. Since DCL has guest laundry facilities on board, this seems like particularly useful advice.
There are sinks in the laundry rooms that I have used before if it’s not enough clothing to justify an entire laundry load.

I highly recommend packing whatever you think you may need supply-wise, with a cushion of extras. I don't know if travel stress is to blame, but I've had cycle irregularities interrupt many a vacation. And while the gift shop/medical center/restroom dispensers may come through in a pinch, usually selection is incredibly limited when it comes to brands, absorbency, or features.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter