• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Perfectly Princess Tea - Questions

PrincessMom84

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am considering taking our daughters who will be 5 and almost 3 to the Perfectly Princess Tea in November.

Will my almost 3-year-old be too young to enjoy this tea party? My older daughter loves Aurora and I am afraid if we wait until the next time we come back in a few years, that as 7-year-old maybe she won't believe in the Disney magic in the same way (like believing Princess Aurora is a real person). If we do it this year, my almost 3-year-old will be able to do it for free and just share the food with her sister. I found the Aurora doll from the tea party on eBay, along with the crown and a few other the other gifts, for a good price (about $50 total), so I thought I would just bring those for the 2-year-old and save myself $234.08, which is the cost to purchase the food and gifts for someone under 3, which is optional.

If I don't buy the gifts for the 2-year-old at the tea party, will they still give her the placecard with her name, call her up by name and sprinkle rose petals on her, etc? I don't want her to feel left out if only her sister gets this attention.

Thanks!

1. Yes your 3 old will have a blast too assuming she loves princesses and tea! My daughter did this experience at about 3 1/2 and loved it.

2. I do not know how they would treat a free meal for under 3. You may have to call and verify or tell them right when you arrive as they are usually presetup with the names of the paying girls.

3. Do be warned though, receiving the doll is a huge spectacle(ordeal) at the end of Tea. They take them over to the gift shop and present the dolls to them one by one(very slowly), officially name them and register them with American Girl, and then finally pose for photos. To keep your kids from feeling left out you might want to just leave after the tea party when the crowd heads over to the gift shop(or not you know your kids best!).

4. I just read you are buying 1 doll from Disney and bringing another doll for your 2 year old. Just "fake present it" to her in the gift shop and you'll be golden!

Last edited:
1. Yes your 3 old will have a blast too assuming she loves princesses and tea! My daughter did this experience at about 3 1/2 and loved it.

2. YES. You will get all the treatments without buying a doll!

3. Do be warned though, receiving the doll is a huge spectacle(ordeal) at the end of Tea. They take them over to the gift shop and present the dolls to them one by one(very slowly), officially name them and register them with American Girl, and then finally pose for photos. To keep your kids from feeling left out you might want to just leave after the tea party when the crowd heads over to the gift shop(or not you know your kids best!).

Thanks for answering my questions! In the reviews I've read and photos and videos I've seen, I got the impression the Aurora dolls were all waiting at tables for each child when they arrived. Maybe they have changed how they do it in recent years?

Thanks for answering my questions! In the reviews I've read and photos and videos I've seen, I got the impression the Aurora dolls were all waiting at tables for each child when they arrived. Maybe they have changed how they do it in recent years?

I did a little edit about the placard for the 2 year old. I read too quickly the first time.

We will probably go for it. I know I could have a Princess Aurora come to my house for a fraction of the price, but this just sounds like something so fun to do while we are at Disney that my daughters would just love. It is so hard to find current reviews of this, so any feedback anyone has on this at all is really appreciated.

I read the breakdown, very helpful. But I still understand the part about registering with American Girl? Disney dolls aren't AG, right? I don't suppose there is any chance of choosing a different princess since they take you to the gift shop?

I read the breakdown, very helpful. But I still understand the part about registering with American Girl? Disney dolls aren't AG, right? I don't suppose there is any chance of choosing a different princess since they take you to the gift shop?
They are not American Girl dolls, never were, they don’t get registered with American Girl

can’t choose a different princess

The quandary you have is all the little things are rated for children over 3.
can someone stay w your little one and let this be an amazing experience for only your older daughter? You can always do it w your youngest when she is the appropriate age.

Ok, so we have done the Princess Tea twice so far (DD1 at 5 years and 9 years) and are scheduled to do it again in February (DD2 at 5 years) ... this is my take on it:

For our family, it has been worth every penny. Both of our daughters are very girly, so dressing up and going to a "real" tea party is spot on for a fun activity. And since this is not something we will do on every trip, I have no qualms about doing it now, when the girls are interested.

As for a description of the event, you start off by checking in (about 15-20 minutes early - especially if you have any food issues that need to be discussed with the chef) and some of the cast members com around and speak to the children to pass the time. Then they announce Rose Petal ...
View attachment 264099This is the Rose Petal we have had both times so far. She was wonderful! Very engaging and plays her role (along with Baron Branch - the piano player) of a rose who came to life convincingly ~admittedly, DD1 was 5 years old the first time she went and didn't question it until the second visit at 9years old. So, Rose Petal arrives and speaks to each child one at a time before giving them a tiara to match whatever they are wearing, announcing them and having another cast member show them to their seats. We have been seated in two different areas of the tea party so far and haven't had any trouble seeing what was going on or participating in the "show".

After everyone is seated, the cast members bring out the tea:
View attachment 264100 View attachment 264101 Ham and cheese and jelly sandwiches with fruit and "apple tea" for DD and jelly, ham and cheese, and cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches with cheese fruit and crackers along with Princess Tea for me. Now, the sandwiches they give me (the first time we went, they gave me ham and cheese, cucumber and watercress and pears soaked in some kind of juice) are not the standard. I have a food intolerance and they are very accommodating (all over Disney property) in giving me other sandwiches. The regular sandwiches are egg salad, chicken salad and I believe at one time there was tuna salad as well. DD and I have always enjoyed the sandwiches (except the cucumber and cream cheese :crazy2:) and the fruit was very fresh. The tea was wonderful as well and they will bring you more if you would like.

While you are eating, Rose Petal and Baron Branch tell a story with words and music and the kids join in on certain parts. Rose Petal also helps the children find their "gifts". Rose Petal and Baron Branch also come around and sign autographs while everyone is eating.

When everyone is done eating, they announce dessert:
View attachment 264113 When you first come in, if you look around, you will see a very large and usually beautiful cake sitting on a sideboard (I wish I had taken pictures both times, because they were different each time and really beautiful) ... this is not the cake that is eventually served to you ... it doesn't matter in the long (or short) term, but I thought I'd just throw that info out there.

After they announce that dessert is on it's way ...
View attachment 264104Aurora arrives!

She gathers all the children around and they do a little dance before she comes around to each table to speak to the kids and sign autographs. I felt she took more time here than at any character meal and it was a lot quieter, so the interaction was "free-er" if that makes sense.

After Aurora arrives but before she comes to each table, they bring out dessert:
View attachment 264102 View attachment 264103The top dessert was a brownie with fresh raspberries that was given to the adults and was very good; the second trip was the first time we received this dessert, so i don't know if this is the new standard or what. The second dessert picture is the cake that we have gotten on both trips and DD and I both found it very tasty: moist cake and icing that wasn't overly sweet ~ if you want a bit more sweet, "dip" your bite of cake in the raspberry sauce.

After dessert, Aurora gathers all the children and they parade through the lobby and all the guests clap and wave while the children wave back before she leads them up the main staircase. Once there, a photopass photographer takes group and individual pictures that you can have added to your photopass account. As each girl finishes with her pictures, they direct you to the store to a special table where they will be ready with a friendship certificate and a set of scrapbook pages for the children. You may want to warn your DD that they will ask for a name for the doll to put on the certificate; we saw lots of littles who were put on the spot and couldn't think of a name and then mom and dad named the doll Aurora ... Admittedly, DD1 did this once, but SHE named the doll Aurora, not DH and I. After that, you are free to leave.

We have really enjoyed this tea party each time we have done it. I think if you go into it understanding what it is, you will be really glad you did it.

But here is a warning that I think a lot of people miss ... this is a tea party, not a meal. This is more like an afternoon tea (more of a snack between lunch and dinner which was usually served around 8p-ish) than a High Tea (served around 5p with more substantial food). Please do not go into this thinking that it will be your lunch. We usually pick up a muffin on the way out of the resort in the morning (7am), have tea the the party (10:30a) then split a counter service meal (2p), before having dinner (6p).

My other piece of advice ... if you have any food issues, make sure you tell the cast member when you make your reservation for the tea so that they can have the chef on standby when you arrive. Yes, they will come out and speak to you before the tea starts, but this way, they will already have a general idea of what they need to make separate for you.

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer what I can. And if you choose to do this, I hope you all have a great time.

This is a review I posted a couple of years ago about the party. From everything I've read recently, nothing has really changed. We have been to the party 3 times and we have never seen a child under 3 at the event, so I can't tell you how things would be handled for your little one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter