Pepper Market

Tiffany

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Just booked CSR for a six day stay from Feb 1st through the 6th of 2003. Does anyone have any opinions about the Food Court area there called the Pepper Market?

We stayed at CSR from July 30 through August 7. We only ate at the Pepper Market once and really did not enjoy it. The service was okay and the 10% gratuity was certainly no concern however the quality of the food was far less than we experienced at other restaurants during our entire stay at DisneyWorld. However if we wanted something "quick" to eat, I guess it would be fair to say "we would give it another try!!"
Enjoy your stay at CSR, it is a lovely resort and the staff is extremely customer oriented.
:D

Originally posted by DCDC
We stayed at CSR from July 30 through August 7. We only ate at the Pepper Market once and really did not enjoy it. The service was okay and the 10% gratuity was certainly no concern however the quality of the food was far less than we experienced at other restaurants during our entire stay at DisneyWorld. However if we wanted something "quick" to eat, I guess it would be fair to say "we would give it another try!!"
Enjoy your stay at CSR, it is a lovely resort and the staff is extremely customer oriented.
:D

Thanks DCDC. Isn't the Pepper Market just a glorified Food Court? I was not expecting any "service". My husband usually stops by the food court area of whatever resort we are staying at and picks up quick breakfast foods to bring back to the room.

Does anyone have any experiance with this? They do not charge you the 10% if you are taking food back to your room, do they?

Tiffany,
At the Pepper Market, they have individuals providing basic table service (i.e. water, drinks, silverware, napkins). These servers also clear the plates from the table if you request that they do so. There were people selecting items to "take-out" from the various "food counters" and it seemed as through they paid the "automatic 10% gratuity" at the cash registers like everyone else although they did not eat in the Pepper Market. Hopefully someone else can clarify this subject better than me.
There was a "mini-food market" adjacent to the Pepper Market that sold a variety of food, drinks (juices), fruits, bagels, ice cream, candy and other items to eat which may be the better place to get something to eat in the morning and bring back to your room.
Again I am sure someone else can answer your question better than I have.

When entering the Pepper Market tell the host/hostess that you are there for take out. They will then hand you a take out card and when you check out at at the register you don't get charged the 10% gratuity. Some people don't ask and it's not advertised so there is no way to know if you don't read boards like this.

Thanks DCDC and Kruzin,

We are not plannning on eating any sitdown meals at the Pepper Market so we will have to remember to ask for the Take Out Card. Thanks again.

When we were at CSR, we ate breakfast at the Pepper Market virtually every day and thought it was very good. Not as good as Spoodles or Kona, but for a food court we really liked it. We liked the various stations and rarely had to wait in line for anything. I particularly liked the oatmeal bar as that is my favorite breakfast of all...

I have heard people say that Pepper Market is difficult with small children as you either have to eat from the same station they do or you have to go to multiple stations with kids and trays in tow. Our kids are older so that wasn't a problem for us.

We never ate other meals there, so can't give any opinions on lunch or dinner.

As far as the gratuity goes, even if you sit down to eat, you can request that the gratuity be removed from your bill if you did not receive any table service. We've had both wonderful and not-so-wonderful service from the attendants...

Enjoy CSR -- it's a beautiful resort!

We stayed at "CSR last year, loved the hotel hated the food court, our dinner was awful I couldn't even finish mine, and I am not a picky eater!! And the earlier poster was right impossible to do with young children. we actually left here and went to Beaches Cream where DH and I split another meal.

Allison

I love the Pepper Market. I just stayed at CSR Aug 13-21st. I found the food to be fresh and tasty. It was nice having cutlery and cloth napkins. Our servers were attentive and asked if we needed drinks. We also didn't have to clean up after ourselves which was a nice change from regular food courts. The 10 % was well worth the cost. There is also a lot to choose from. It is very easy to mix and match meals. I really enjoyed the Mexican stand. YUMMY.

Sometimes it is nice to sit down and have an inexpensive meal where the servers cater to you and bring your drinks. The bonus here is the real silverware. Plastic forks are in all the other food courts in the resorts. I think that the PM has the best pizza on the property. Their burgers are good...chicken ceasar salads are good...the only bad food i had there was the stir fry meals. If you stick to the basics, it'll be well worth the money.

Just outside the entrance to the food court in a window where you can get coffee, pastries and bagels in the morning. You don't even need to go into the food court, it was great.

We likes CSR but the Pepper Market was a major downfall for us.

1. Cost was as much as many of the WDW sitdown restaurants. For the money I would go to a sitdown /buffet and have better quality food and service.

2. If its crowded the wait can be aweful. We waited to get a table, waited at different stations to get your food and then wait to check out. "spent" as much time doing this with 4 adults and 2 kids as would have at a sit down dinner.

3. 10 % for minimal service if any. Enough said.

There are some positives....some DISers love it!! There is a bigger selection then at the other resort food courts. For us it just didn't meet our needs in a food court...quick, convient and reasonably priced.

I'm another in the negative area. I just didn't find it quick and conveinient. I went there a couple of times and thought the food was ok, but service was slow and prices high. It is a personnal thing though because I loved the CBR food court and I know a lot of people hate that one(quick serivce, decent food, decent price). I ended up driving to other places to eat

I'm another in the negative area. I just didn't find it quick and conveinient. I went there a couple of times and thought the food was ok, but service was slow and prices high. It is a personnal thing though because I loved the CBR food court and I know a lot of people hate that one(quick serivce, decent food, decent price). I ended up driving to other places to eat

The PM is a great place to eat. We love it because of the variety, the freshness of the food and the quantity. It's quick, it's easy and it's good food. 2 thumbs up!!

Here are a couple of quotes from folks that just recently returned from CSR...

by epcotfan...
We truly enjoyed the Pepper Market and felt it easily worth the 10 percent service charge. It was easy to mix and match meals due to the variety at the food stations. The mexican one was especially good. I loved their enchilladas! There was always someone to ask if we wanted drinks and cleared our table as necessary.

by gumdrop...
One thing that I was hesitant about was the Pepper Market. It just sounded a little too confusing and too much of a hassle. I was wrong! It was a very nice place to eat and we were all impressed with the food selection and quality. Everything was fresh and made to order. One thingI noticed about the Pepper Market was that it was very quiet and relaxed (actually, the whole resort was like that!) compared to the other moderate's food courts. Yes, it was a bit more expensive than the other moderate's food courts, but the quality of the food, service, and whole atmosphere made it worth it. We also ate at the Maya Grill for dinner and liked that very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter