• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People...we are in DISNEY world, like right now :)

disneymomma2two

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow dis-ers :) Here now and just thought I would try to post little updates of the parks and our trip as they are happening. We just checked in today which was a bit of a fiasco! We are DVC members and are doing a split stay, our first three nights were supposed to by at Saratoga Springs and then we are doing a few nights in a cars suite at AofA.

Well we checked in early this morning and went swimming at Saratoga Springs pool for a few hours, around noon our room was ready so we went to check it out. When I booked we were told it was a two queen bed studio room...when we got there it was one queen bed and then another bed in the sleeper sofa. This trip is myself, my hubby, DS 5 and my Sister in law. I called the front desk immediately because my sweet SIL has JRA and I did NOT want her sleeping on a pull out bed (those things are never as comfortable as a real bed). We explained to multiple people that no one mentioned the second bed was a pull out when I booked through DVC or confirmed and that was not okay for us (we would have picked a different resort it we had known) after quite a big fight, handled by my handsome husband we were transferred to a studio at Old Key West.

Now with two queen beds we can be assured every one and their joints will get a good nights sleep :) whew! Not the way I wanted to start the trip and I kept apologizing to everyone because I felt so so bad about all the trouble! I don't know how I missed this information in all my lurking on the dis boards but so your family can be spared our hiccups along the way know SS studios only have One queen bed and a pull out bed as the second bed! Oh and OKW has NO elevators in almost all the buildings. Three flights of stairs don't seem too bad until you have to carry sleeping kids and 50 lb luggage up them.

Regardless we are having an AMAZING time and are headed to our first park, Magic Kingdom tomorrow!!! I will let you know if I spot any SDMT test runs or anything else fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter