People requesting to move from CSR due to pool refurb

Jessicadhx

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,

Im booked at CSR in Sept this year and obviously now with the announced pool refurb its a bit of a downer.

Just wondering really what my options are and what everyone else is doing/what they've been told are the options.

Ive heard people being moved to PORS/FQ for the same price and I've also heard people have been offered rooms at deluxe resorts for a little extra money, whats everyones experiences?

Thanks!

Jess :) x

I am coming down the second half of August and won't even be at WDW during the said closure. That being said, I changed my reservation due to the construction going on at the resort. I've heard much more positive feedback regarding the construction not affecting people stays and only a few things. Then again, if I'm paying for the vacation, I really would like to be away from 'reality' as much as possible and I feel that knowing that the massive construction project was going on, would take away from the experience. Additionally, they're building the restaurant in the lake, which in theory is a great idea, but I bet it's an eyesore to look at while you're at the resort. To avoid the chances of having to deal with or look at, or hear anything, I changed from CSR to Port Orleans French Quarter.

I had looked at CSR when I booked back in December for our August visit, but saw the construction plans and opted not to go that route. We wound up booking POFQ instead and I think it was roughly the same price. If it was more, it was minimal. It seemed POFQ had the same things I liked about CSR so I was fine.

We just switched from CSR to POFQ for no extra cost. They did price up OKW but it was around $780 more for our December stay.

Hey guys,

Im booked at CSR in Sept this year and obviously now with the announced pool refurb its a bit of a downer.

Just wondering really what my options are and what everyone else is doing/what they've been told are the options.

Ive heard people being moved to PORS/FQ for the same price and I've also heard people have been offered rooms at deluxe resorts for a little extra money, whats everyones experiences?

Thanks!

Jess :) x

Request what you want. The worst thing they can say is no. Or just ask them what they can do for you. I'm pretty sure a move to another mod would be granted if there is space or a move to a slightly higher resort would probably for a little extra money be granted. The most expensive room at a deluxe for no extra money...Uh good luck with that.

I called when the email about the pool came out and we were moved to POR for no extra cost. She did try to suggest that I try CBR, which I refused, and after I asked what my deluxe options were (we were prepared to pay it, not expecting a free upgrade), she said she could move us to POR for free. We kept our UK free dining package.

I know there are still rooms in POR because I just booked rooms for my two friends there this morning. We probably could have got Disney to move them from CSR too, but this was easier as they are only coming for a few days.

Request what you want. The worst thing they can say is no. Or just ask them what they can do for you. I'm pretty sure a move to another mod would be granted if there is space or a move to a slightly higher resort would probably for a little extra money be granted. The most expensive room at a deluxe for no extra money...Uh good luck with that.
We got moved to French Quarter for the same price. Call them. Be polite, but firm.

If you want to make a change, I suggest you do it now. If. You wait your options will be more limited.

Our travel agent called and got us switched to POFQ. We were able to keep free dining and pay the same as we were paying at CSR. I don’t know how she did it, I’m just extremely grateful. We have 2 boys with Autism, and downtime at the pools is a must. Losing the convenience of the pool bar for drinks and snacks, the loss of the playground plus possible work in the food court just became too much! We haven’t stayed at FQ for a long time, so we are excited to go back. Just thankful that it’s settled and I can plan!

We moved to CBR. We're doing a split stay with Swolphin and the lack of dining at CBR doesn't really impact us, but the lack of pool at CSR did.

I've also heard people have been offered rooms at deluxe resorts for a little extra money

Are you insinuating people are reporting that they were offered a discounted upgrade to a deluxe for the trouble? Or just that they could move to a deluxe and keep their current package?

So far we have opted to just stay at CSR but if discounted deluxe upgrades are on the table, then I may have to weigh the options.

Are you insinuating people are reporting that they were offered a discounted upgrade to a deluxe for the trouble? Or just that they could move to a deluxe and keep their current package?

So far we have opted to just stay at CSR but if discounted deluxe upgrades are on the table, then I may have to weigh the options.

If you want these options I suggest you call and see what is available and at what cost. You need to know in advance what you are looking for, and how much you are willing to pay for the move. I have seen offers go out before, however they were done for whatever reason the resort itself needed to address. My friend was offered a nice upgrade to AKL one trip for a really reasonable upcharge, however she did not call and ask for it, nor was she provided with a reason for the offer. In general, these sweet offers are made to accommodate an issue at the resort, however if you really want to move die to the pool closure, I would call to see what you have to choose from. If you wait until check in and are not happy your options available may be very limited, and will most likely be subject to rack rates

I'm trying to decide if I want to ask my agent to see if she can move us. We're staying from Dec 9-15, so the pool is *supposed* to open mid-stay, and since the first few days are pretty packed, we wouldn't be using the pool that much until the last few days anyway. On the other hand, it seems really likely that the dates could move around in the next 7 months. We do have free dining (it sounds like others are moving even to resorts where it wasn't offered??) and I specifically booked a mod over Pop Century because I wanted to soak in a hot tub!

If you want these options I suggest you call and see what is available and at what cost. You need to know in advance what you are looking for, and how much you are willing to pay for the move. I have seen offers go out before, however they were done for whatever reason the resort itself needed to address. My friend was offered a nice upgrade to AKL one trip for a really reasonable upcharge, however she did not call and ask for it, nor was she provided with a reason for the offer. In general, these sweet offers are made to accommodate an issue at the resort, however if you really want to move die to the pool closure, I would call to see what you have to choose from. If you wait until check in and are not happy your options available may be very limited, and will most likely be subject to rack rates

I understand, just looking for clarity from the OP on what they've read. I've not heard that people are being offered discounted upgrades to deluxe resorts because of the CSR pool closures. Wasn't sure if that's what OP meant, or if the people are just being offered the normal upgrade price but finding availability.

I understand, just looking for clarity from the OP on what they've read. I've not heard that people are being offered discounted upgrades to deluxe resorts because of the CSR pool closures. Wasn't sure if that's what OP meant, or if the people are just being offered the normal upgrade price but finding availability.

I did see that there have been some calls to guests offering upgrades from some resorts, but I am not sure what these stem from.

I am kind of the opposite - I chose to move to CSR and did not change that decision even when I saw the news. Pools skeeve me out anyway, so it's not a big deal. I'm using a TA for this booking - and I assume that she would not make a unilateral decision if she was contacted about moving me but would check with me first. Then again, since I said in my email to her to ask her to change "I'm aware of the construction and the pool closure and I'm fine with it" so if they were to call her about it she might tell them I'm ok with it. Which is 100% true. :)

Time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter