People Mover....

I love the People Mover. Probably rates in my top 10 and has since I was a little girl. (40's now) Might be the nostalgia, might be the relaxing break off my feet but whatever it is for me, it's a must do.

Technically, as with all rides and attractions, food and drink is not allowed. If you have a drink, Mickey Bar or other such item in your hand when you approach the entrance ramp, the CM there will ask you to either throw it away or step out of line, finish your snack and then come back.

Now, if you just happened to have a cookie or candy bar in your backpack, you'll probably get away with eating it once you're on the ride. Penalty for being caught though, is being forced to endure the "chili dog sequence" in the Stich theater for 30 minutes straight.

Steve
I would think that if anyone is that hungry that they cannot make it another 5 or 10 minutes probably had to be physically held up just to get to the ride! Perhaps they should have eaten earlier. :)

Our trip in 2015 was the first time I had gone on the PeopleMover. And now I can't see us NOT doing it any other trip. Relaxing, great people watching, and you still feel like you are enjoying a 'ride' at Disney even if you're just using it to reboot.

Our trip in 2015 was the first time I had gone on the PeopleMover. And now I can't see us NOT doing it any other trip. Relaxing, great people watching, and you still feel like you are enjoying a 'ride' at Disney even if you're just using it to reboot.
Very good and accurate way to look at it. I wish they would do more inside and make the dialog funny and less formal like it used to be, but, it is still a great place to, as you say, reboot.

For me, the People Mover and COP is the reason to visit Tomorrowland. Buzz is fine, Space Mountain is cool and I kind of ignore the rest, but PM and COP are classic Disney in my mind and always make me so happy.

My daughter always mocked it. Then she rode it and fell in love. I got stuck on it once and was hoping for an evac but after 20 minutes we were moving again.

Technically, as with all rides and attractions, food and drink is not allowed. If you have a drink, Mickey Bar or other such item in your hand when you approach the entrance ramp, the CM there will ask you to either throw it away or step out of line, finish your snack and then come back.

Sorry to go off topic, but I had to share a "fun fact" I learned last January. There is one ride at Walt Disney World where food and drink are officially allowed. It is the train at Animal Kingdom that takes you to Rafiki's Planet Watch. You are welcome to enter the queue and ride the train with an open drink (adult or otherwise) container. It is also allowed on the ride back, but usually I have finished my drink by then.

To bring us back on topic, the People Mover is definitely one of the must do's when at MK. And if you ever see that Space Mountain is closed, jump on the People Mover quick, as the lights may be on when going through Space Mountain.

We love the People Mover too! One of our coolest rides on it was when Space Mountain was down and the lights were turned on. Our DSs were so excited to see the inside of Space and snap some pictures of the track.

It's also great to do if it's raining. You're under cover/inside so it's a good way to wait out the rain in addition to putting up sore feet. DH likes to use it as a means of getting good overhead shots of that section of the park during the day.

For our family it's a "must-do"! Like others have posted, maybe it's the nostalgia of it, but going around a couple times each time we're there is a must. Also, my DH proposed to me while riding the People Mover going past the castle!!! now 8 years ago <3

It's actually one of my favorite rides at Disney and we are lucky to still have it. (DL lost their's a while ago and the fans are still upset). You should ride it! The line tends to look long but it moves super quickly.

My kids view the PeopleMover as their first roller coaster. They still like to ride it and throw their hands up in the air at different points. Of course my 8 year old is convinced that COP is the greatest ride ever ... we are "that" family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter