People going in Feb/March

Why are you going during this time?

Here are my reasons:

a) My wife and I need a break from our kids
b) We had points and the flights and hotel were cheap
c) We are educators, but the week we're going isn't a critical time for either of us
d) We justified the expense with the stimulus
e) We'll really enjoy a break from the cold
f) It's between the long stretch between New Years and Spring Break
g) It's not supposed to be crowded
I share most of your reasons.
I need a break and felt like I needed something to look forward to during the winter. It will be nice to get a break from the cold and be able to enjoy time outdoors. Also, I am going for Festival of the Arts. I also had airline credits to use, and I had 2 non-expiring tickets from the 90s.

I booked the trip a year ago and feel a bit worried about going in the midst of a pandemic - but just might not be able to resist!

Our annual passes were extended to cover our schools vacation week
Moved our cancelled July flights to February
Have excess DVC points to use up
Went in November and had a blast- ready to do it again!

We're going because:

1. We planned this trip almost 2 years ago - and we're taking my cousin on her trip to Disney that she'll actually remember - she was an infant last time!! (this is the main reason!)
2. DH and I have been in Oct 20 and Dec 20 and felt as safe as we could with Disney and their protocols
3. We'll be there for the last day of the International Festival @ Epcot! WOOT!
4. Free flights on SW with points
5. We have DVC points to use
6. Its DISNEY - need I say more???

Going in March for a girls trip with my niece, sister and Mom. We are surprising my niece for her birthday. So excited as this is our first time at Flower & Garden!

Our plane tickets expire March 15th (SW will not budge). We feel like WDW is doing a good enough job to feel safe, but would've liked to re-book a few months into the future. It is what it is at this point.

Got a good deal on a RCI reservation that my friend could not use
Celebrating our 65th birthdays
*Hopefully* great weather
Able to use an expiring airline companion fare
Have not been since 2013 (me) and 2008 (DH)
Lower crowds and more relaxed trip
Our last chance to go before retirement and the fixed income lifestyle

I got a good AP rate. Also, my AP expires in April and this will be my 3rd trip. Still on the fence about renewing. Last trip was early September so it was a little hot. Hoping for good weather and low crowds.

1) Need some Disney cheer (mental health break for all/something to get excited for)
2) Flights were so cheap we all flew for free on miles
3) We're in Michigan and need out of the snow!
4) Going during President's week/Princess Half/kids winter break which is usually a madhouse/will be nice to be there with lesser crowds
5) Looking forward to a more leisurely trip without having to stress about dining reservations and fast passes :)

We are going Feb 6th after finding an incredibly discounted week at the Poly Villas. We spoke with our children's school first and they 110% supported the trip. We want to give them some happy memories during this emotional turmoil and what better place to travel than Disney! Also had a boatload of airline miles so flights were free!

Many of the same reasons:

1. DH and I need a break together
2. Good rate on a CSR room via Disney VISA
3. Using air miles
4. Easier to wear a mask now than when it gets hot
5. Busier later this spring/summer
6. TOO long since I traveled anywhere (except to see family)

We think the Disney theme parks are a poor value for the money right now. But we're going on a No Disney Theme Parks vacation at WDW later this winter because:
  1. DH & I want to spend time together, away from his work and our other commitments.
  2. RCI had a DVC exchange week available when he could take vacation time.
  3. Abundant outdoor activity & restaurant options in the area.
  4. FL sunshine toward the end of a difficult winter.
  5. Beautiful Disney resorts are within a day's drive of our home.
  6. We'll both have completed vaccinations by then.

We usually go last week of February into March. I am a teacher and love to get out of the cold and get some sun. Not this year. We probably won't get vaccinated until June if we are lucky.

Non-Covid reasons....

I started going to WDW in February 1983. We went then for the following reasons....

1. The schools up north were on a mid-winter break at the end of February that stretches into the first 3 days of March.
2. The weather in Florida is so much more pleasant during that time of year. Cool mornings and mid 70 in the PM.
3. It still is considered off season for most places down there so hotels are cheaper and so are restaurants.
4. Almost every February we went we started our road trip in around -20F in Vermont and after already having been through 3 months of weather unfit for any human, we needed warmth.
5. During that time almost all the attractions had been through the yearly refurb and were operational.
6. After my kids had grown and married and I was on my own, I still went in February (probably out of habit) but also for all the reasons listed above except the school thing.

1) We booked flights in Sept 2019 that we canceled in March 2020 and rescheduled for February 2021, when things would be “back to normal“ 😜
2)My teen DS was sick with COVID19 at Christmas and miserable, so we spent the holiday talking about going to Disney. We figure he can’t catch it again so soon.
3) Later in the spring, DS’s spring sports will be going on. We plan to quarantine after going home so the timing of this wouldn’t work well.

My son and I both just got vaccinated so we're taking a mother/son trip. Disneyland is closed and I haven't been to Disney World since before Pandora opened. Either early March or late June would have worked, but I decided we both needed the trip sooner rather than later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter