People going in Feb/March

Tennor

Mouseketeer
Why are you going during this time?

Here are my reasons:

a) My wife and I need a break from our kids
b) We had points and the flights and hotel were cheap
c) We are educators, but the week we're going isn't a critical time for either of us
d) We justified the expense with the stimulus
e) We'll really enjoy a break from the cold
f) It's between the long stretch between New Years and Spring Break
g) It's not supposed to be crowded

We also need a break from the cold. I'm an educator as well. I'm only taking one day off since we are just doing a long weekend trip. I can't do anything over spring break because we will back to hybrid. If I were to travel over spring break, my district would require me to quarantine the following week, and that would mean I lose some of my sick and personal time.

Basically all of the reasons you mentioned were reasons for us going! It's a nice break in between winter break and spring break plus the fact that the cost was exceptionally reasonable.

I will be vaccinated and I could use a break from the cold! Plus, not travelling for so long is just killing me.

We also had flight credits etc. or flights were dirt cheap.

Reactions: TSM

Here are my reasons:

c) We are educators, but the week we're going isn't a critical time for either of us

Sounds like you'll have a great time! Even with some of the operational compromises it can still be very worthwhile to visit depending on what your desires are. Get out of the cold and have some fun adult time together? It will be fabulous. Midweek has been having incredibly low wait times, try to work in that advantage.

It's my kids birthdays in February and March so I'm taking them on some one-on-one trips just me and them. It also doesn't hurt that I had been gifted two free nights at a deluxe resort that I needed to use, and got some really good AP rates on rooms too. This will be my 4th & 5th trips since reopening, at this point it's just to spend time with family with different scenery.

Delta let us rebook our June 2020 tickets in April. We chose February 2021 because:
a) things might be normal. :rotfl2:
b) break In DH’s work schedule.
c) cannot go the entire winter without sunshine and warm weather. Tried it once. Can’t do it.
d) need to visit parents in Florida.
I don't know if we would be going if we didn’t have those airline tickets already. They were originally bought in Feb 2020. They weren’t cheap. It’s killing me to see airline prices now! :faint:

We were suppose to be on a cruise the first week of March so would be going to Florida anyway. So cancelled cruise turned into a Disney trip.

If I actually take the trip I’m thinking of taking in March, it’s because:
A) I want to be in WDW for my birthday

B) I’m getting a decent Fed. tax refund, and hoping another stimulus gets passed

C) WDW is a safe getaway, IMO; with plenty of activities available

D) I’ve never been to Flower & Garden, and I really want to go

E) I need to get out of my house. I love my grandparents dearly, and want them to live forever and ever, but my birthday will mark the 1 year mark of being on lockdown with them and my mental health needs a break. My October trip saved my sanity, and that was at the end of the time when we could be outdoors. Now we’re in winter and the enforced togetherness is even more oppressive.

Here are my reasons:

Mardi Gras holiday for us. kids and husband get a few days off of school.

We'll be there March 23-27. It's spring break for my DD and also her 12th birthday on the 26th or March.

It's been a loooong year. DH and I have both worked through all of this, no vacation last year. I saw the short wait times (please let them stay that way for the next 2 weeks) and we booked Pop for $117 a night. We need a mental health break or it's going to get ugly. I'm tired of making every decision. My hardest decision will be which mobile order to choose.
Also we love to go this time of year anyway. But just the thought of going with no tour groups, chanting and line cutting, makes it worth not being able to do meet and greets.

Been going ever 60 days since re-opening in August why stop now!!! And heck I’ll be vaccinated this time!!!!

We will be there early Feb:
-Free flight to MCO
-Good rate at the Swan
-We got our 2nd dose of the COVID vaccine yesterday
-It is my birthday on 2/13 and I always try to spend it in WDW
-To get away from the cold in Pennsylvania
-We went in Sept 2020 and had a blast. Felt very safe and had a lot of fun! :-)

I'm going in the early part of March for a very simple reason:
that's about 6-8 weeks after my last Disney trip in January :goodvibes
(that's really the reason)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter