• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People are so done with Covid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went about life as normally as possible prior to the vaccine. Masks and socially distanced. We continued to live life, work, vacation, go out to eat, etc. Statistically, we knew we would have a bigger chance of getting in a car accident than dying from Covid.

Now that we are fully vaccinated? Bring. It. On. Absolutely no fear. We still wear our masks where required. I really don't mind a mask.

But to see vaccinated people still living in crippling fear is troubling to me.
Fortunately I haven't seen anyone in crippling fear. I am sure they may be out there though.

Without singling any one poster out, for those who said they are still uncomfortable at gatherings indoors, eating in restaurants, etc. even after having both vaccinations, when do you think you will feel safe, if ever?
The vaccine isn’t 100% perfect. Part of my reason I am avoiding most things right now is I have a wedding in June I really want to attend. And if I or my husband get sick in the weeks leading up, we will end up quarantined and not be able to go.

There are some restaurants in the area I will never step foot in again due to their attitudes about covid precautions. In one case, the owner went on a tirade over social media about how he should never have to listen to the Health Department and it’s his choice to allow sick employees to work. I don’t particularly trust that place to follow cleanliness standards after that.

There’s a lot of broken trust.

Not being comfortable in large unmasked groups is not the necessarily the same thing as "living in crippling fear."
Oh Golly. I don't think I ever mentioned large unmasked groups.

I am speaking of my own personal experiences. I know people that are vaccinated and are quite scared to go back to work. Even though it is social distanced and masks are required at their place of employment. But being able to sit at home and collect from the government is much easier, I suppose.

Also, it is well-known that many teachers are refusing to teach in person. Even though they are fully vaccinated. I would call not going to work in a masked environment crippling fear. There are schools that never closed. Even without the vaccine, teachers returned. Yet so many teachers in certain states are too scared to return.

In one case, the owner went on a tirade over social media about how he should never have to listen to the Health Department and it’s his choice to allow sick employees to work. I don’t particularly trust that place to follow cleanliness standards after that.

Well, that is just lunacy. I can't imagine anyone wanting sick people to make/serve their food in non Covid times. Of course you wouldn't go back there.

I think it's great he posted he wanted sick employees to handle food. Now everyone knows where not to go.

Oh Golly. I don't think I ever mentioned large unmasked groups.

I am speaking of my own personal experiences. I know people that are vaccinated and are quite scared to go back to work. Even though it is social distanced and masks are required at their place of employment. But being able to sit at home and collect from the government is much easier, I suppose.

Also, it is well-known that many teachers are refusing to teach in person. Even though they are fully vaccinated. I would call not going to work in a masked environment crippling fear. There are schools that never closed. Even without the vaccine, teachers returned. Yet so many teachers in certain states are too scared to return.
I agree with you. We started this a year ago with “2 weeks to flatten the curve”. Somehow that turned into “life can’t get back to normal until everyone is vaccinated”. And now many of those who are vaccinated still seem to be anxious about returning to normal life. It’s scary, to be honest.

I agree with you. We started this a year ago with “2 weeks to flatten the curve”. Somehow that turned into “life can’t get back to normal until everyone is vaccinated”. And now many of those who are vaccinated still seem to be anxious about returning to normal life. It’s scary, to be honest.
It is scary. It's like people want a reason to hide away and never come back out. Do you know anyone like that? Or am I the only one?

Like I legit know of people that are going to have a difficult time living a normal life because they love the drama of being scared. They love being critical of others that are out and enjoying life. You selfish people going on vacation and hugging your vaccinated parents. Stop eating inside restaurants! Kids can't go back to school full time. It's not time yet! :rolleyes:These types want us all to be scared until there is zero trace of covid.

Which is never going to happen.

Fortunately I haven't seen anyone in crippling fear. I am sure they may be out there though.

Me either! I often think this is just something that the non mask/I'm not changing my life because of Covid/I need to live my life etc. crowd, just like to say! Its been over a year now and we have a HUGE circle of people in our life and in all of that time, not only don't I know anyone who has been in crippling fear, I have never even heard of anyone living in crippling fear!

It is scary. It's like people want a reason to hide away and never come back out. Do you know anyone like that? Or am I the only one?

Like I legit know of people that are going to have a difficult time living a normal life because they love the drama of being scared. They love being critical of others that are out and enjoying life. You selfish people going on vacation and hugging your vaccinated parents. Stop eating inside restaurants! Kids can't go back to school full time. It's not time yet! :rolleyes:These types want us all to be scared until there is zero trace of covid.

Which is never going to happen.

To answer your question, I absolutley don't know anyone like you describe!! At all!! Not ever close!!

If you know people that love the drama of being scrared, they must have other strange behavoirs as well?

Me either! I often think this is just something that the non mask/I'm not changing my life because of Covid/I need to live my life etc. crowd, just like to say!
Not me. I wear my mask constantly. I am critical of those that do not wear masks.

....not only don't I know anyone who has been in crippling fear, I have never even heard of anyone living in crippling fear!
Do you think refusing to go to work in a masked environment (even though you are vaccinated) would be considered crippling fear? I would.

It turned into hospitals overflowing for months. It took much longer to get this under control while vaccines were under development. Now, that vaccines are available it's up to us to get them to slow down the spread. However, that seems unlikely due to antivaxxers. The UK ended up having to shutdown again and is only now starting to reopen. MI is struggling to stay open right now. The virus doesn't fit our personal times lines. And that sucks. I really wanted to go to some festivals this year. They have all been canceled. But right now, I'd rather not get sick and kill off my old parents by accident. That would suck.

No idea when we can return to normal since we have a portion of the population that won't wear masks or get the vaccination. Super frustrating.

Without singling any one poster out, for those who said they are still uncomfortable at gatherings indoors, eating in restaurants, etc. even after having both vaccinations, when do you think you will feel safe, if ever?
Personally, I just worry for my kids. They're teens and not old enough to get the vaccine yet. I know now that my husband and I are both fully vaccinated we can still get sick but our chance of hospitalization and death have reduced. My kids are what make me hesitant to start living life like we did pre-COVID. Once they can get a vaccine, I'll feel more confident.

You don't even know teachers refusing to go back into the classroom?

Not a one and I am actually connected to quite a few schools in NH.

I also have friends that teach in other areas, Idaho, Alaska, Mass., Maine, and Penn., those are just off the top of my head, maybe more, but none of those friends have said anything about any co-workers refusing to work.

To answer your question, I absolutley don't know anyone like you describe!! At all!! Not ever close!!

If you know people that love the drama of being scrared, they must have other strange behavoirs as well?
I personally know people who are still scared to go into a crowd of *masked* people and they’ve even had a vaccine.
I have seen a neighbor walking their dog...alone...with a mask on. Outside. No one else on the sidewalk on the entire street.
And no, these are not “crazy” people. It’s mind blowing to me.

I personally know people who are still scared to go into a crowd of *masked* people and they’ve even had a vaccine.
I have seen a neighbor walking their dog...alone...with a mask on. Outside. No one else on the sidewalk on the entire street.
And no, these are not “crazy” people. It’s mind blowing to me.

Interesting! Just curious where are these people afraid to go that would include being in a "crowd of masked" people? In NH we havent had any events that are opened up to crowds of people.

Maybe your neighbor has allergies and the mask helps her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter