• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pennysleeper Inn

I stayed there once about 11 years ago. It was pretty bargain basement at that time. Although, I did not much care, I popped down to the area to propose to my wife and wanted something cheap because the flight and rental car cost me an arm and a leg. But I have heard from others that have been there more recently that it is pretty bad. As far a distance goes, it is walking distance although I can't remember exactly how far.

dmincey1 said:
how is the pennysleeper inn and how far is it from disneys main gate. :wizard:

It is located behind a bunch of the hotels on Harbor. It's probably about a 15 to 20 minute walk, but they might have a shuttle. You have to walk down Harbor past HoJo and then go right down a street (can;t think of the name off hand).

We stayed there once and would never stay there again! Yes, it is inexpensive, but you pay for what you get. The room was very small and dingy. The hotel was rundown and just seemed seedy. We did not like it at all.

I stayed there 4 years ago. Wouldn't do it again. Dirty and dingy and very noisy. Yuck!

Try the Park Inn (not Park Vue or Park Place this one is just Park Inn). Last November I was able to get an internet special of $49 a night. It is right across the street from the Harbor crossing, I believe its the second or third motel you come to and closer than the HoJo or the Fairfield. It was very basic but very clean and they had a free breakfast (emphasis on free). We were doing a very quick, last minute trip and of all the motels in the area that one had the cheapest rates. That five minute walk was wonderful! You also had a wonderful view of the fireworks from their pool area which was kind of neat.

I stayed there in 2001 it was cheap but like others have said, you get what you pay for. It is right up against the highway too so you could hear the traffic all night. On the bright side it did have a shuttle that dropped you right by the entrance. I never felt unsafe (I once stayed at a hotel that had bullet proof glass in the lobby) but it was a bit of a dump.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter