Peeps, restrooms & drunks. A hot, sweaty Asian TR-Pt.2 1/21-Under the sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
i return home from the dentist to find an update from jordan. what a pleasant surprise on any otherwise unlpleasant day!

Here's me checking out someone else's "food":
wdwfeb2008674.jpg

you're like the annoying little kid who always stands in the seat, turns around and stares at me from the other table and the parents refuse to do anything about it. :rotfl2:

that's a great shirt.

Bye Kim....
wdwfeb2008689.jpg

:sad1: so sad!

Aww, what a bittersweet update :sad1: I'm looking forward to your next update - I wonder what kind of mischief you'll get into when you're all by yourself :lmao:

I'm bummed that I won't be going back this year:sad1:

I may try to go twice in 2010.

Ohhh I have to see when you are going and follow you around :lmao:. I am sure I can talk Bill into going back in 2010 :thumbsup2.

It was so sad to see everyone go. Bill and I haven't been to Coral Reef in a long time. I might see if he wants to do that in June, we will see.

I'm bummed that I won't be going back this year:sad1:

I may try to go twice in 2010.

i'm jumping on your "bumming out because of no disney in 2009" pity party wagon. :sad: but i definitely think you should go twice in 2010. ::yes:: once in february or june (whichever one you guys decide on) and once in december 2010 when we go!!!!! ;)

i'm jumping on your "bumming out because of no disney in 2009" pity party wagon. :sad: but i definitely think you should go twice in 2010. ::yes:: once in february or june (whichever one you guys decide on) and once in december 2010 when we go!!!!! ;)

i think jordan should go on all of our trips with us, he can move down there for a year and get a job at disney, and the visit all of us on out trips...problem solved.

That picture of Kim's expression when trying Beverly was awesome. :thumbsup2

Me loves a good steak!

And I love that picture of you and the "beerholder" t-shirt. :rotfl:

Some day I'd love to be at Disney alone - for at least a couple of hours. :goodvibes

Great Update. So sorry Kim had to go home :sad: . But I am interested to see your solo opportunities here to come!

I loved eating at Coral Reef. It was some YUMMY food!! :thumbsup2

Have a great time in China. Be safe and return home quickly.

We will be thinking about you :grouphug:

Jordan, I have not had dinner at O'hana, only breakfast and it's one of my fav. character breakfast. I am having dinner there in June and I can't wait.

I have heard Tusker House and Boma were similar too. I want to try lunch at TH, I have only had breakfast there.

I have had breakfast and dinner at Boma, loved both, but dinner is my favorite. I think Boma is probably one of my absolute fav. restaurants at WDW.

Kona, I have had breakfast, but not dinner. I want to eat there for dinner one trip as well.

I've heard good things about breakfast at Ohana.

I miss the counter service at Tusker House. It was my favorite CS at WDW, but I'm willing to give the buffet a try.

Wendy and gang ate there. They liked it, but didn't love it.

I had that meal at Coral Reef. It was Awesome! And those cheesy potatoes were soo good! Though I went against a lot of disers and did not like the chocolate wave...too dry for me.

I had my alcoholic coffee as dessert...I think...

Jordan - sad it's almost over but then there's China and the PTR :cool1:

I know. I can't wait

good point, but it is not really that bad in june, not as hot as july and august and september, annnnddddddddddddddddd jordan, both of the water parks are open so you can go to blizzard beach again, anndddddddddddddd, we will have 10 water park days on our passes, so maybe we could meet up at blizzard beach and you can go on the family raft ride with me and candi, and i can race you down the tabogan slides, you can even ride the chair lift with us and i will let candi sit next to you.
:thumbsup2

I'm thinking it's going to be June, but don't quote me on that.:thumbsup2

December and late Jan/early Feb have been my favorite times of year to go

Mmm, your dinner at Coral Reef looked great-that's exactly what I had there. I thought their strip steak was better than Le Cellier's.
It does feel really weird to be sad for somebody to be leaving, but still have things to look forward to. I'm an only child, and I still like to be alone sometimes. Dh can't understand why I don't always want to go to the pool with them.....hello, mommy time!

Yeah, being single and old, I definitely am more set in my ways and need that alone time.

:rotfl2: Great pictures of Kim's final hour or 2.
OCTOPUS JUICE!!!! YUMMERS!!! :goodvibes
I LOVE Mouse Gears!! I could go broke there. :thumbsup2

I don't know what it is, but I find more stuff there than anywhere else on property even more than World of Disney....it's tradition with me to do most of my souvie shopping at Mouse Gear.

Awwwww. :sad1:

So glad you went to Coral Reef... its beautiful, isnt it? But for some reason, pictures just never seem to do it justice. When you are physically there, you really do get the feeling that you're "under the sea!"

Ah, Jordan. Parting is such sweet sorrow.....

Kathy

I love Coral Reef. The food is really good and the ambience is awesome. We went at the right time as it wasn't that crowded and it wasn't that noisy which seems to be the complaint sometimes.

Yeah...everyone leaving was definitely bittersweet.

I love all the benches and views from "said" benches.:thumbsup2
I'm not sure how I'd do there alone. I like to be alone for about an hour and then I want someone to talk to............I know, me a talker? who would have guessed?:rotfl:

You know as a fellow talker myself I thought it would be hard being alone, but I can strike up a conversation with a rock so it was okay being by myself.
You get to see things you would never see when you travel with a ton of folks.

Hmmm, it seems so ominous that people keep leaving one by one. :(

What snacks did Kim get in France?

I can't remember what she got.

I have one more drunk story coming up.

Aw, Bye Kim! Have you spoken to her since she moved to Jersey?? I wonder how she's doing with her first east coast winter!

How was the Coral Reef as a whole - food and service? I always wanted to try it since it's one of those quintessential Disney restaurants, its the one they all go to on the old TGIF "We're Going to Disney World!" specials :laughing: It's the one restaurant I've heard the most mixed reviews of though, so I'm not sure what to do! Any advice is appreciated!

I haven't really talked to Kim since she's moved. Wendy has.

I think timing is critical. If you can hit off peak times the noise factor might not be that bad. I've sat by the glass before and that's awesome, but we sat in the third and last tier this last time and it was still nice.

Both times I've been to Coral Reef the food is good. I mean it's not Flying Fish or CA Grill, but it's good. I'd go again.

3 pages left, time to finish this puppy up! I'm one to talk tho...but I akm almost done with mine too!

I think I'll have to do a part 3 to the Trilogy

i return home from the dentist to find an update from jordan. what a pleasant surprise on any otherwise unlpleasant day!

:wave2: I hope today was better than yesterday

punkin said:
you're like the annoying little kid who always stands in the seat, turns around and stares at me from the other table and the parents refuse to do anything about it. :rotfl2:

Something like that. I was just so hungry. I was checking out their food to see what I should order

punkin said:
that's a great shirt.

Shoulda bought it.

Aww, what a bittersweet update :sad1: I'm looking forward to your next update - I wonder what kind of mischief you'll get into when you're all by yourself :lmao:

I think I already mentioned there will be a drunk update soon....

Ohhh I have to see when you are going and follow you around :lmao:. I am sure I can talk Bill into going back in 2010 :thumbsup2.

It was so sad to see everyone go. Bill and I haven't been to Coral Reef in a long time. I might see if he wants to do that in June, we will see.

I wouldn't mind if you followed me around or if you just wanted to hang out.

I think we'll know fairly soon (March) whether we're going in Feb or June 2010

December is a bad time church wise...:sad1:

Hi Jordan !! I agree Dec 2010 as I wantto go then unless of course I go to Fockerfest in August!!

It'll probably be Feb 10 and June 10 if I do 2 trips.....

i think jordan should go on all of our trips with us, he can move down there for a year and get a job at disney, and the visit all of us on out trips...problem solved.

Hmmmmmm......:scratchin

That picture of Kim's expression when trying Beverly was awesome. :thumbsup2

Me loves a good steak!

And I love that picture of you and the "beerholder" t-shirt. :rotfl:

Some day I'd love to be at Disney alone - for at least a couple of hours. :goodvibes

Everyone needs a bit of alone time...

I love red meat.

Kim knew that it wasn't going to taste good, but wanted to try it.....

Great Update. So sorry Kim had to go home :sad: . But I am interested to see your solo opportunities here to come!

I loved eating at Coral Reef. It was some YUMMY food!! :thumbsup2

Have a great time in China. Be safe and return home quickly.

We will be thinking about you :grouphug:

E,

My solo time was rather uneventful....well I do have 1 or 2 more good stories to wrap up the trip.......

Coral Reef hasn't disappointed yet.

I will have a good time in China...I think.....

I'll be thinking of all of you while I'm taking pictures for sure.

MY DBF got Octopus Juice when we went to Coral Reef last year! He was upset because in our picture he was the only one with a "girlie drink." :sad2: Your pics from Epcot are nice! Looks like it was a beautiful day!

Hi Jordan,

Just recently started reading your report, and I've really enjoyed it! I love your relationship with your family and friends, I love the crazy picture taking and the stalking of the peeps, and I love the 1/2/3/4 flush rating system. :cool1:

I had my alcoholic coffee as dessert...I think...

Is it possible that you had the Bailey's and Jack Daniels mousse? I had that when I ate at CR, and it looked just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter