Pecos Bill toppings bar

I use to enjoy the taco salad and make it a nice salad with a small amount of ground beef. But have not eaten at MK since before that was taken away. Last straw was the 2 or 3 combo plates at CHH that had more hush puppies then anything else.

Now that Iger is back, it's our chance to get QS fixed in Magic Kingdom or at least returned to pre covid mediocrity!

We enjoy Pecos Bill for quick service at MK. No doubt, the toppings bar was the best part! Hope it comes back. The little sample of toppings they give you now, is not close to the bar.

Pre-closures I regularly saw families making entire salads out of that fixin bar. And not all of them actually bought anything from the restaurant, mind. I remember back when they still had guac on it and people went wild and they took it off and started charging for it.
Not just salads! I saw families whipping out bags of bread and making sandwiches - which they are with chips and drinks also brought from home.
Then we all wonder why we can't have nice things...yeah...🤔 Not news to me as I've seen it too many times when I was a CM. I would love for it to come back but highly doubt it will. I also don't blame Disney for taking it away.

I miss their toppings bar but I REALLY miss the Cosmic Ray's toppings bar. I bought a kids grilled chicken sandwich last trip expecting to put on some lettuce and tomato to make it palatable and let's just say I should have done my research first :rotfl:
Yeah - its is a shame that people who did not buy anything abused it - that should have been cracked down on.

Not just salads! I saw families whipping out bags of bread and making sandwiches - which they are with chips and drinks also brought from home.
Never seen this - I do recall people bringing their own bread because they had those really bad sawdust buns or getting a double burger and making it two etc.. but just eating from the salad bar without a purchase is over the top.

That said - my Dad always got a burger and soda there and then made himself a salad with the toppings.

We were there in September and was so mad that the toppings bar was gone my son was just there in January and still no Toppings bar !!!

I only ate at Pecos once or twice before Covid & the changes. It was always so crowded to me as a solo traveler.

Between changes & how people took such extreme advantage I don't see those types of topping bars ever coming back but maybe some day.... :cloud9:

What I REALLY miss is Tortuga Tavern when it served burritos with the topping bar to make your way. That was the best! 😍

I always thanked the Cast Members-it was almost aways CPs and ICPs-assigned to the Toppings Bar at Bill's and also at Ray's for their "courage" in trying to maintain the Bars which were constantly being TRASHED by many of the Guests.

I would tell them they had the hardest job at WDW and deserved Hazardous Duty pay!lol

I just tried to put a smile on their face for a minute because that job REALLY was a tough one.

Disney should have given them buttons at the end of their program:

PECOS BILL TOPPINGS BAR SURVIVOR!lol

I would be surprised if it ever comes back. It's a massive expense for foods that cost guests absolutely nothing, as well as the cost of labor. And let's just add in the absolute disgust of guest behavior with greediness and trying to create salads for a whole family, letting the spoons touch their used paper plates, using hands to grab food, letting their precious 5 year old scoop out their own salsa all over the floor. It was honestly worse than a buffet.

See.... we ate here a couple of times last spring.....I loved it. No real toppings bar but I loved the rice and beans plate,and I could request extra toppings for it at counter.....
We enjoy Pecos Bill for quick service at MK. No doubt, the toppings bar was the best part! Hope it comes back. The little sample of toppings they give you now, is not close to the bar.
I liked eating there last spring break- rice and beans combo was pretty good, requested any extra toppings I wanted too.

I went to another well known site for menu and they have pictures of a fixing bar. It’s a shame. Wonder how many see that page fully expected the fixing bar from years ago.

Even though the toppings bar is gone, I still enjoyed it last time I went. Granted I had to add a lot of hot sauce to the chicken.

I went to another well known site for menu and they have pictures of a fixing bar. It’s a shame. Wonder how many see that page fully expected the fixing bar from years ago.

That's why I tell people to not trust any site for info unless it's the actual Disney site. All of these sites and bloggers and YouTubers want to share information and it's often outdated, inaccurate, or speculation. Even PlanDisney has dished out inaccurate info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter