• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pearl Harbor Excursion from Aulani

diznykidz

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Aulani in June and are trying to decide if we should book the Aulani excursion "Remembering Pearl Harbor"-the 6 hour tour or book on our own. We will not have rental cars and are a party of 11 so the convenience of the transportation sounds great. The part I am unsure about is the extra honolulu sites on this tour. We want to spend this day primarily at Pearl Harbor and want to make sure we have enough time to see everything at the Pearl Harbor site. Punchbowl crater would be fitting but not sure of the other "Honolulu sites" that the description speaks of. If anyone has had experience with this tour and could shed light on the timing and details of this tour, we would appreciate any input!

Pearl Harbor is a very, very interesting take, but it doesn't require a full day. Four hours should be more than enough to see everything there. However, without rental cars you might be best off booking a tour.

Otherwise you have to rely on taxi/uber to get there. The advantage of that is you dictate the schedule.

We had the same debate before we went in Feb. We ended up booking the excursion through Aulani and felt it was the right choice for us. I'm a history geek and I could have spent all day at Pearl Harbor (and I have been there before) but this was the right length of time for the family and we all enjoyed it. Also, when we were there over President's Day week, we were not able to get advance reservations for the Arizona Memorial through the park service. The tour had a reserved time for the memorial and the accompanying film. I was told that you have a good chance of getting walk up access if you go early in the day, but we liked the idea of having the reservation.

With a party that size, would a private shuttle service be more economical and letbyou choose how long to stay? Or do any of the ones in that area even operate that way?

When we were there we booked this excursion through Aulani, we also didn't have a car.
It was great we were picked up in front of hotel. It was the only day we had rain, but it was ok we still had a great time.

With a party that size, would a private shuttle service be more economical and letbyou choose how long to stay? Or do any of the ones in that area even operate that way?
We have checked with several shuttle services but for our party of 11 they are all quoting an astronomical amount for the "one way" shuttle service. We also though about uber but after the reviews on Oahu with Uber we have decided against that option.

We have checked with several shuttle services but for our party of 11 they are all quoting an astronomical amount for the "one way" shuttle service. We also though about uber but after the reviews on Oahu with Uber we have decided against that option.
Aw, that stinks; sorry. Well, at least it does sound like folks were pleased with the tour.

I will tell you, that most of the Tour options don't include everything. You may be better off buying the Pearl Harbor Passport and hiring a van service to get you there and back to the resort. We were there two weeks ago and bought the passports, we got to Pearl Harbor at 7:00 AM and finally left to return to the resort about 4:00 PM. There is a lot to go through with the Arizona Memorial, Bowfin and Bowfin Museum, the Might Mo and the Ford Field Aviation Museum.

I will also add, it might be worth renting a Van yourself for the day from the rental counter at Aulani. I will warn you that it does get busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter