Pearl Guests Check Your PAT/BG!!!

I am Platinum and my reservation online no longer shows the date that online checkin opens up. Previously after adding the Pearl level my date was 7/28/23 for our September 4th cruise. Not sure what DCL is doing but there is no change in number of days for online checkin when looking at Castaway Cay Club benefits.

Actually just called DCL and there is no change to what Castaway Cay Club time frames say which for Platinum is 38 days. Something is apparently going on with the website. The cast member mentioned that she got a call yesterday from someone sailing on the same cruise as us and there online checkin status said open when it wasn't.

Last edited:
I am Platinum and my reservation online no longer shows the date that online checkin opens up. Previously after adding the Pearl level my date was 7/28/23 for our September 4th cruise. Not sure what DCL is doing but there is no change in number of days for online checkin when looking at Castaway Cay Club benefits.
So, have you been able to check in for the September 4 cruise? I dont see a link to begin checking in.

So, have you been able to check in for the September 4 cruise? I dont see a link to begin checking in.
No, my check in date is still 7/28/23. The comment regarding someone seeing that their check in time was open when it really wasn't was from the DCL cast member as an example of a recent call she had the day before from someone else on the same cruise. She was just relaying that others have called in with online check in issues. I was just trying to make the point that along with some others on the thread for what ever reason the their upcoming check in date is no longer showing on the website but DCL confirmed that nothing has changed. Apparently the date no longer showing is a website issue.

This is my assumption, as well. They're not going to have bus passengers waiting around at the port for their PAT. That said, it's possible the change in bus schedule is related to the Pearl early boarding groups. Prior to covid, resort buses arrived at the port much later. Maybe the days of resort bus passengers being some of the first on the ship are over?
Maybe? Just checked my bg is 2 and I’m taking a resort bus. I’m gold and maybe there aren’t a lot of Pearl on my cruise.

So what’s the latest situation for Pearl and Platinum?
After my next two cruises this April/May I’ll be on 20 cruises so my biggest and only loyalty perk that I previously enjoyed was no necessity to choose a PAT online but that went and this was given to Pearl.
So is this now still a perk for Pearl or are they also now expected to complete the check in and select a PAT and get boarding groups behind the DCL transport?

So what’s the latest situation for Pearl and Platinum?
After my next two cruises this April/May I’ll be on 20 cruises so my biggest and only loyalty perk that I previously enjoyed was no necessity to choose a PAT online but that went and this was given to Pearl.
So is this now still a perk for Pearl or are they also now expected to complete the check in and select a PAT and get boarding groups behind the DCL transport?

According to DCL's site Pearl can check in and select a PAT at 40 days, Platinum 38, and down from there. I did think at 1 point it was said that Pearl would get automatic BG 1, but I don't know if that has come to fruition. It may have just been internet speculation. I don't see it on the site.

I was the OP of this thread back in July, which was before the 40 day perk started. We checked in at 30 days, got BG 6, then it was somehow changed to 2. I'm not sure how it is going since the 40 day check in started. I will however be checking in 1 month from today for my next cruise and I am curious to see what comes of that. I will try to remember to update here if no one else does by then.

According to DCL's site Pearl can check in and select a PAT at 40 days, Platinum 38, and down from there. I did think at 1 point it was said that Pearl would get automatic BG 1, but I don't know if that has come to fruition. It may have just been internet speculation. I don't see it on the site.

I was the OP of this thread back in July, which was before the 40 day perk started. We checked in at 30 days, got BG 6, then it was somehow changed to 2. I'm not sure how it is going since the 40 day check in started. I will however be checking in 1 month from today for my next cruise and I am curious to see what comes of that. I will try to remember to update here if no one else does by then.
I don't think Pearl gets BG 1; that's for Concierge. I think Pearl gets BG 2, though.

I’ve just managed to book DCL transportation from San Juan International to the port so I’m now just leaving the whole process in their hands.
I guess if the transport leaves early but my boarding group is later we just have to wait at the port to get checked in or our group is called!
I’m now trying to sort out the debark transportation. We arrive at Port Everglades but are flying out of Miami (the next day) so I need a transfer from FLL to MIA. DCL can’t arrange this but are getting a firm to call me with options. I’m assuming that if all else fails there will be cabs at the port.

We are Pearl, sailing in mid-March, and at check in we were assigned BG2 with no PAT. :thumbsup2:hourglass

I am fine with Concierge getting BG1. They are paying 2-3x what we pay. They ought to get something special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter