Peanut Allergy

cinda-wella

Earning My Ears
My 8 yr old has a severe peanut allergy (and autism, lucky kid :rolleyes: ) anyway, he is also contact sensitive to peanuts. Does anyone else here have the allergy to this degree? If so, do you worry about going into restaurants that serve pb ? Like traces of pb being being left on the tables, etc?

TIA!!

:banana: Goin' in December!! :cheer2:

I have another lucky kid - he is also contact sensitive to peanuts and has type 1 diabetes (he is 4 yrs old - had both since he was 2).

We've been to WDW many times with him since his diagnosis and had no problems in any of the restaurants. We note his allergy and diabetes on the ADR's and I've also gone over the CS food issues (and cart food) with Brenda Bennett. I usually talk to the chefs beforehand and also the chef at the resort (once we get there usually).

I know PB is served at Crystal Palace on one side of the buffet but I've not had problems. Most places have the uncrustables type of sandwich or prepare and package it outside the restaurant (not every place).

I try to make sure the table and chairs look clean and try not to worry. There could be a smidge of peanut butter ANYWHERE you go - as you well know. I try not to worry :tilt:

My son is contact sensitive too (and had autism/aspergers). I have to admit, I worry a little-- not enough not to go though (first trip, we didn't even know he had a peanut allergy-- so we weren't cautious at all). I worry a little about Beaches and Cream because they cover some of the sundays in chopped peanuts and have alot of peanut butter sauces-- but we may still go there. We keep Benedryl (fast tabs-- the meltaway ones) and the EpiPen with us at all times.

The table services are nice because the Chef will come out and talk to you. But yeah I worry a little about what was eaten in his seat before him. However he went to a school this year where the kids ate PB&J in his class (the teacher just made sure the child next to him didn't have pb&J). He came home with some hives now and then, but was ok.

If I see a hive, I start the Benedryl (and he takes Zyrtec every day for environmental allergies)-- doc says doing both isn't a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter