Peanut Allergy and Beaches N Cream?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
Hi,

I posted this on the restaurants board, but I thought I'd post it here also. Has anyone out there with peanut/tree nut allergies eaten at Beaches N Cream? We are considering eathing there in Dec, but DD6 is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. We've had great experioences with other Disney restaurants in the past, but I don't know anything about Beaches N Cream. Is it more of an ice cream parlor than a restaurant?

Thanks!

it's both a ice cream parlor and restaurant. Most people seem to get both food and icecream. I guess it depends on how bad the peanut allergy is. I have a relative who has a reaction from the smell of peanuts in the air. I would not take him there. We ate there last week. DH and DS both got a No Way Jose and I could smell their peanut butter very strong from across the table. It might be best to call them before you go and see what they say.

My DD6 is allergic to peanuts and DD3 is allergic to tree nuts, so we generally avoid ice cream out. In fact, I would stay away from Beaches 'n Cream because there will be a lot of loose nuts and nut fragments all over the restaurant. It's a chance I wouldn't take.

I would, however, contact the Food and Beverage Managers for each park -- (a quick email requesting this info and why at www.disney.com will get you the current numbers. These people, especially Brenda Bennett at the Magic Kingdom are full of information about what ice cream is safe and what isn't.

FWIW, my kids have enjoyed the Dole Whips (all flavors) served in Adventureland near the Aladdin ride.

DVCDawn ::MinnieMo

I'm allergic to tree nuts and peanuts. My peanut allergy is NOT life threatening (some tree nuts are though) and I've successfully eaten at B&C many times. I agree, if it's an "airborne" allergy, thens tay away. IN that case you also need to avoid Boma like the plague.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter