PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

We made the decision to use our local Fortinos for everything even though they are usually more expensive but they are offering PC Express and since I am immunocompromised this works for us. On our last order there were items that were limited (I am okay with that) and the only item not available was the pancake mix. Since it was my first order, I did not understand the ordering of meat and I wanted some chicken breasts - the picture showed a package of 2 so I requested 2 (figuring I would get 4 breasts) but I ended up with 2 club packs...that was okay, we put them in the freezer.

I've heard lots of complaints about chicken shortages here. It sounds like you got pretty lucky!

My orders/shops have been a bit spotty too, but the best we can do is roll with it and adapt, right?

I've heard lots of complaints about chicken shortages here. It sounds like you got pretty lucky!

My orders/shops have been a bit spotty too, but the best we can do is roll with it and adapt, right?

I did not know that there was a shortage so yes, I was lucky. Of course I had no idea we got 2 club packs until we were unpacking our groceries and I said to my Mom...oops, I think I made a mistake with the chicken breasts. It's a good thing we like chicken!!!

People have been reporting locally how difficult it is to get a time slot so I checked our Fortinos location and noticed that there was a spot open on April 13. I grabbed it as I know we will be needing, milk, bread and eggs as well as other stuff at this time. I did notice that the cut off date is now 3 days before the order pick up date. Will see what happens with my second order - I did try for the pancake mix again...

We will just need to do a quick fresh supply run for some fresh veggies and milk and maybe a loaf or two of bread. I think it's time to talk about getting a second fridge to hold extra veggies and milk. The family drinks sooo much milk. We have already went through 3 4L jugs this week. I have no more milk at home again and I really don't like running into the stores now for just that :guilty:

I am going to get groceries at 8am tomorrow morning after the Seniors hour. I have also found a Sobeys and a Superstore that are not as busy as my usual locations, which is great.

I find people are starting to sleep in more in the mornings, so if I go first thing, I can get out quickly without too many people around me.

Curious anyone who has done an pick up with PC express since they have changed back to allowing changes to your order up to 48 hours before. Can you add things to the order multiple times or is it a one shot deal? I have more things to add now but I don't want to be stuck not being able to add more because our pick up isn't till April 10th.

They are running so far behind the poor lady who was running the groceries to the cars was working so hard. My order time was pick up 6-7pm and she didn't get to me till 8:10pm and the store closed at 8. I was so worried I wasn't going to get the email or text to go pick them up. I called them twice to just make sure they would get to me as I was waiting in the parking lot. So if possible might be better to pick an earlier time during the day so you have time to spare with the pick up time. We live about half hr away so I didn't want to be late picking up so I just waited in a parking spot far away from anyone else..

Curious anyone who has done an pick up with PC express since they have changed back to allowing changes to your order up to 48 hours before. Can you add things to the order multiple times or is it a one shot deal? I have more things to add now but I don't want to be stuck not being able to add more because our pick up isn't till April 10th.

They are running so far behind the poor lady who was running the groceries to the cars was working so hard. My order time was pick up 6-7pm and she didn't get to me till 8:10pm and the store closed at 8. I was so worried I wasn't going to get the email or text to go pick them up. I called them twice to just make sure they would get to me as I was waiting in the parking lot. So if possible might be better to pick an earlier time during the day so you have time to spare with the pick up time. We live about half hr away so I didn't want to be late picking up so I just waited in a parking spot far away from anyone else..
Yes, you may make changes to your order multiple times. My order is for Apr 11th. I keep it up on both my computer and phone and adjust it a few times each day. Not a problem at all to do so.

My first pickup at our local Loblaws was to be tonight between 6-7 pm. Just before 6 PM a lady phoned to say my order wouldn't be available to pick up until tomorrow morning. No biggie. Then I received a text saying my order was ready. :confused3 I phoned the store directly and it turns out my order is ready but they are not able to give it to me until tomorrow morning. That's ok.

By the way, no flour, no sausages available - which was on my order.

Because I didn't know about modifications were allowed again I figured I would have to make a grocery shop tomorrow morning anyways. It's been 10 days since I last purchased groceries.

Now when I phoned Loblaws tonight, I asked about being able to edit orders again and the lady told me I could not. I explained their website said people could up to 48 hours before the order but she insisted it was incorrect.

Has anyone successfully modified their order lately? I'm on the shelf about placing another online order... It was useless once I could not change anything.

My first pickup at our local Loblaws was to be tonight between 6-7 pm. Just before 6 PM a lady phoned to say my order wouldn't be available to pick up until tomorrow morning. No biggie. Then I received a text saying my order was ready. :confused3 I phoned the store directly and it turns out my order is ready but they are not able to give it to me until tomorrow morning. That's ok.

By the way, no flour, no sausages available - which was on my order.

Because I didn't know about modifications were allowed again I figured I would have to make a grocery shop tomorrow morning anyways. It's been 10 days since I last purchased groceries.

Now when I phoned Loblaws tonight, I asked about being able to edit orders again and the lady told me I could not. I explained their website said people could up to 48 hours before the order but she insisted it was incorrect.

Has anyone successfully modified their order lately? I'm on the shelf about placing another online order... It was useless once I could not change anything.

I have 2 orders in progress.

Order 1 I ordered with an April 8th pick-up. I cannot make any changes to that order.

Order 2 I ordered 3 days later with an Apr 11th pick-up. Hours after I placed that Order they announced the changes. I am able to change that order until Apr 9th.

Since this page is more about pickup/delivery groceries right now, can I ask if anyone out west has ordered from save-on? Any advice on cutoff times for changing orders?

Order 1 I ordered with an April 8th pick-up. I cannot make any changes to that order.

Order 2 I ordered 3 days later with an Apr 11th pick-up. Hours after I placed that Order they announced the changes. I am able to change that order until Apr 9th.
How do you start a new order. Since it is 10 days to get a date I would like to start another order to keep on top of it.

How do you start a new order. Since it is 10 days to get a date I would like to start another order to keep on top of it.
Unfortunately I don’t think you can. I believe the only reason I’m allowed to have 2 active orders is because the first one is locked and no changes are allowed.

Since our store is releasing dates 2 weeks out I attempted to start another order to pick up a week+ after the second order date but the system will not allow me to do this. It told me the only way I could start a new order was to cancel the second one which I’m it doing as it is for 4 families and over $800.

I believe the only reason I have 2 orders in progress is that I have 1 from the days when they were locking the orders as soon as it was placed and a second one in the new rules of allowing changes.

Unfortunately I don’t think you can. I believe the only reason I’m allowed to have 2 active orders is because the first one is locked and no changes are allowed.

Since our store is releasing dates 2 weeks out I attempted to start another order to pick up a week+ after the second order date but the system will not allow me to do this. It told me the only way I could start a new order was to cancel the second one which I’m it doing as it is for 4 families and over $800.

I believe the only reason I have 2 orders in progress is that I have 1 from the days when they were locking the orders as soon as it was placed and a second one in the new rules of allowing changes.
Thanks, I am happy to hear I am not losing my mind just yet hahaha..

Since this page is more about pickup/delivery groceries right now, can I ask if anyone out west has ordered from save-on? Any advice on cutoff times for changing orders?
Sorry I have not used the save on pick up yet... I am going to try Spud for produce though if I can get a delivery date anytime. I have been trying for 2 weeks... We live out of town so there are only a couple places that will actually deliver out to us.

Sorry I have not used the save on pick up yet... I am going to try Spud for produce though if I can get a delivery date anytime. I have been trying for 2 weeks... We live out of town so there are only a couple places that will actually deliver out to us.

yeah, i think the delivery options are pretty locked up where i live too. pickup works okay for us, and there’s more availability, depending where i look.

i got a spot at my save on for the 9th, so one week from when i was looking. i also had luck with a local store this week—i ordered on tuesday and picked it up on wednesday. hopefully it’s similar for you through spud!

There are no spots at all at our Fortino's or Superstore.
New spots are added at midnight at Superstore. If you want a spot I highly recommend getting your order started, setting your alarm and get up at midnight to confirm your order and pay for it. You will be able to make changes after that but you'll need to add your credit card in order for it to secure your order and spot. Also, the earlier in the day you find a spot the better the selection normally.

Thank you! I tried to place a second order a few days ago but the system refused to let me. Now that I picked up my order today, I think I might give this a try one more time. I really wasn't impressed with it today.

I ended up at the stores today for the first time in 11 straight days. I went to FreshCo first at 8 AM; then Loblaws; then Shoppers.

I earned 12,900 points at Loblaws (I'm owed more) and 10,691 at Shoppers. Hey, I found toilet paper! No flour, yeast or brown demera sugar however.

Now to see if we can last two weeks without another shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter