PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I have a get 8,000 points when you spend $30 today.

The flyer shows colgate mouthwash with 2,000 points attached. If that is part of my $30 spend, will I get both? I'm always confused with Shoppers. I know two WUS offers won't stack, but what about these type of points attached to products in their flyer?
Thanks for pointing this out as I realized I had it too. I've just made my list of things to purchase tonight.

And once more in the realm of "you have got to be kidding me" I just had a threshold offer pop up (now remember i do most of my shopping at Metro & Rexall, shoppers might be a $30 spend if i push it!) I ONLY need to spend $200 to get 50,000 points 😱 :rotfl2:

WHAT!!!!! Omg...why would they give you that offer? I wonder if somehow your email is linked to a different account. They base offers on what you purchase. history. Something just doesn't add up for that!!!!!

If I'm remembering correctly, that was an instore offer for Superstore. Or maybe online through the beauty boutique.

I have a get 8,000 points when you spend $30 today.

The flyer shows colgate mouthwash with 2,000 points attached. If that is part of my $30 spend, will I get both? I'm always confused with Shoppers. I know two WUS offers won't stack, but what about these type of points attached to products in their flyer?

Yes, those will stack.

It worked. I just came back. Thanks again.

just pointing out too: this offer is 8000 points for every 30$, which is different wording than usual. you should be able to get 16000 for 60$ and so on.

I didn't notice. Thanks for pointing that out.

WHAT!!!!! Omg...why would they give you that offer? I wonder if somehow your email is linked to a different account. They base offers on what you purchase. history. Something just doesn't add up for that!!!!!

If I'm remembering correctly, that was an instore offer for Superstore. Or maybe online through the beauty boutique.
Yeah, I thought the same thing and looked into it with them and their answer was almost better than the actual offer (can't seem to locate the sarcasm font here :rolleyes1) On occasion they try to offer different incentives to encourage less active members to shop more frequently. My response didn't go over with them very well either but it did net me 1,000 "here shut-up please" points . I said if you want me to shop then you need to make my threshold spend UNDER what my usual transactions are not 5 or 6 times that amount. The agent pointed out that i would be getting the equivalent of $50 in points and i asked if he could see me account and notice that i never even spend that much.

Side note that at least my actual product offers made sense this week and I've already saved the ones I will actually use.

Last edited:
Alright all you PC Optimum gurus, help a Duck out please! Just noticed on FB that there is a bonus redemption weekend coming up and I need some very clear instructions on how to work this to my benefit (i can do AM math in my sleep and work magic with that rewards programme but this one continues to baffle me :P )

I have enough point to do the middle option in the example, so does that mean I pick up $140 worth of stuff (assuming i can actually FIND that much 😱) grab a loadable Disney Gift Card and ask to have $140 put on it? or however much i want so long as it doesn't exceed my actual purchases??

Will I earn points on items that are either on the shelf or loaded to my card (I'm crossing my fingers I actually GET some this week 🤣) or is this just a case of redeeming points?

Alright all you PC Optimum gurus, help a Duck out please! Just noticed on FB that there is a bonus redemption weekend coming up and I need some very clear instructions on how to work this to my benefit (i can do AM math in my sleep and work magic with that rewards programme but this one continues to baffle me :P )
View attachment 419649

I have enough point to do the middle option in the example, so does that mean I pick up $140 worth of stuff (assuming i can actually FIND that much 😱) grab a loadable Disney Gift Card and ask to have $140 put on it? or however much i want so long as it doesn't exceed my actual purchases??

Will I earn points on items that are either on the shelf or loaded to my card (I'm crossing my fingers I actually GET some this week 🤣) or is this just a case of redeeming points?

yay these events are the best!

yes, you’re on the right track. spending that much $ at the drug store takes planning! here’s some suggestions:
- stock up on vitamins/medicine you like to have around and that has a long expiry
- toothbrush heads if you use fancy toothbrushes
- razors/razor heads
- sunscreen (check expiry dates though—at this point in the year I would be thinking about next summer. Or if I were The Duck, a Disney trip!!)
- some shoppers have good electronics sections. Headphones, video games, DVDs, etc)
- not big ticket items, but it can help to add some basic grocery items to your cart
- fertility-related products (pregnancy tests, ovulation tests...this is more general info for anyone else who is reading!)

like with AM cash miles, your pre-tax total has to be 140$ before the gift card. some cashiers will let you put it all in one transaction, others will make you split it into 2. either way, redeem 100000 points for 140$ worth of stuff, then buy a 140$ gift card. i know some stuff is more expensive at shoppers, so you could always offset extra $ you have to spend by getting a lower $ gift card.

as for points...you should earn any specific targeted offers or bonus points on specific products. you won’t earn multipliers (like 20x the points if you spend 50$).

phew. make sense? let me know, because the kiddo is napping so i have lots of time to explain more :)

View attachment 419649

Marchingstar did an amazing job answering your question but I just wanted to highlight one thing she said. The purchase has to be pre-tax. If it's not it will take you down to the next level promo. I made a purchase that was $299, after tax it was something like $349. I tried to use the 200,000 but it wouldn't take. Took a few minutes for the clerk and myself to realize I needed to add $1. That chocolate bar was good, lol.
So yes, make sure its a pre-tax total of $65/$140/$300.

Marchingstar did an amazing job answering your question but I just wanted to highlight one thing she said. The purchase has to be pre-tax. If it's not it will take you down to the next level promo. I made a purchase that was $299, after tax it was something like $349. I tried to use the 200,000 but it wouldn't take. Took a few minutes for the clerk and myself to realize I needed to add $1. That chocolate bar was good, lol.
So yes, make sure its a pre-tax total of $65/$140/$300.

how frustrating it would be to come up 1$ short!

edited to say: i just checked my account and i i have 95000 points. :headache: So close! I think i’ll just keep saving up and wait for the next bonus event.

Last edited:
Regarding the pre-tax, not only check that it's $140 but ask the Cashier to press whatever button she needs to press to verify the FINAL pre-tax! I know that sounds strange but I don't know the terms and I'm trying to explain it. Whenever items are "on sale", the till does not "remove" the savings until AFTER the Cashier presses something on the till.

EG: Cashier scans everything and the pre-tax balance shows $140.59 but a particular item was on sale 2/$5 instead of $3 each. The till will have rang those two items in at $3 each. The till does not adjust the savings until she presses whatever button needs to be pressed. Then the pre-tax balance is adjusted with the savings and now the pre-tax balance shows $139.59.

I was caught once or twice by that. Now I make the Cashier check every time before I hand over my points card and pay.

I feel like I remember last time I tried to use a bonus event and redeemed I did not get points on my targeted ads and I had done most of my shopping off of my targeted ads and was trying to double dip. Can anyone confirm this?

I tried to price match at our local Valumart and apparently they don't! I was trying to price match on something I had a personal offer on without having to make a trip to the Superstore which is a little further away. Valumart is usually more of a convenience stop as I do find it more expensive. I am curious, though, if all Valumarts don't price match or just the local one. Most grocery stores around here do.

I feel like I remember last time I tried to use a bonus event and redeemed I did not get points on my targeted ads and I had done most of my shopping off of my targeted ads and was trying to double dip. Can anyone confirm this?

you should get those points, as long as they’re on specific products (like “400 points for every 2$ spent on gerber cereal”). offers like “20x the points when you spend 60$”) wont work when you’re redeeming points.

if you redeem your points and don’t get the specific offers, send in a missing points request.

You can go back and check what points you received in your account. It will show what you redeemed and what you received on that day.

This weekend is a redemption event. But I have a 20x on $75 offer for Friday that I think I'm going to jump on if I can.

I need to buy more Clinique facial toner at $35 so that eats up a good chunk of it. I also have really good targeted offers.

I’m almost out of a couple Clinique products too and still deciding whether to use my spend $30 get 10,000 pts offer tomorrow or go thru air miles shops for Christmas in July...

You can go back and check what points you received in your account. It will show what you redeemed and what you received on that day.
you should get those points, as long as they’re on specific products (like “400 points for every 2$ spent on gerber cereal”). offers like “20x the points when you spend 60$”) wont work when you’re redeeming points.

if you redeem your points and don’t get the specific offers, send in a missing points request.

I scrolled back in my records and found the purchase, I don't remember what exact offers I was trying to redeem but they were definitely the 400 points every $2 not x the points when you spend. It shows that I redeemed 50,000 its and earned no points. After I left the store and saw that I actually went to another store on the way home and did this confusing return/repurchase to get the points for my special offer. Looking at the record for the 2nd transaction I used a 15 x the points when you spend $50, so my plan when I went back in was to return the items and do two transactions - one with the spend $50 x 15pts with my targeted offers and then one with non targeted items to redeem the points on. It was very confusing and honestly I couldn't tell you exactly what the cashier did, but in the end I had my bonus redemption gc and my points.

Are you thinking the first store/cashier did something incorrectly causing the points not to process? It changes what ill shop for with these bonus events

The coupon says get up to 300$ off when you redeem 200000 points OR MORE. Could I use 260,000 worth of points, and get an extra 100,000 thrown in? Or does it have to be exactly 200,000? I'm trying to buy a Switch, they're 379...

The coupon says get up to 300$ off when you redeem 200000 points OR MORE. Could I use 260,000 worth of points, and get an extra 100,000 thrown in? Or does it have to be exactly 200,000? I'm trying to buy a Switch, they're 379...
Took me awhile but i finally found a page that has the full details about the offer and I copied the section that contains the answer to your question . Looks like if you redeem your 260,000 points you would get the extra $100 only, so whatever the math works out to for that? :

Tier #3: Get $100 in extra value (100,000 PC Optimum points) when you redeem 200,000 - 500,000 PC Optimum points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter