• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

The only thing I take into consideration is that today there are items on sale that I can put toward the spend $50 get 10,000 points.

often I find the 20x the points offers I receive are limited to the Friday and traditionally Shoppers sales end Thursday and the next one does not start until Saturday so Friday I’m paying full price for everything.

I don’t know about others but I often find the Shoppers offers so complicated to calculate that i just give up on them and don’t even try considering their prices often start higher than other stores and they don’t price match. When I do the calculations, personally I cannot justify the prices if what I’m paying there vs points earned.
20X's offers are usually Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Occasionally they are longer but that doesn't happen a lot. I have never seen a 20x's offer only for Friday. It's really not hard to calculate. The basic is 15 points for every dollar. If you have a 20X's offer than just multiply the dollar value X 15 X 20. So if you are spending $50 your points would be 750 (50 X 15). If its a 20X's offer than mulitiply that by 20 (750 X 20) for a total of 15,000. You either get .75 or $15.00 depending on the 20X's offer.
This is ME and the reason why i had to ask for help teasing out the math! The things i need to buy rarely, if ever, go on sale ANYWHERE and are expensive so i might as well get points for them! Normally they were on my Rexall list for earning big Airmiles but since they started up their own reward system (that i also find confusing!) that only allows me to redeem in their store, I won't be shopping there again -- too hard to get to for rewards i won't use.

Glancing at the flyer now and it looks like it runs Friday - Sunday, 20X the points, i have no idea how much I need to spend to get those (usually a threshold right?) but the flyer doesn't start till Saturday? Bonus for me though, I see several things i need ARE on sale! Do I get points for food items as well or are they excluded? This system hurts my head :P
All foods count. I almost always get a Christie cracker offer of 200 points on every $2 spend. They always go on sale Saturday so I wait and buy them with my 20X's offer for a bigger points return. I then get the 20X's for the spend and the bonus points as well.

My 20X's offer this week is a spend $75. I don't need anything much so this one I will pass on.

Don't forget, if your classified senior, if you go in the first hour of open you also get the senior discount on regularly priced items. You can use that with the 20 X's offer as well, just make sure your purchases are at the spend threshold after the senior discount. I just ask them to check I hit my mark and if I don't then I'll toss on a pack of gum or magazine. Not sure how long this is going to go on for, the usual I think is one Thursday every month, but with the virus they have been giving the discount every day for the first hour of open. Money in my pocket.

They have never asked me for ID so if your almost a senior I would be tempted to use this anyways.

20x is better. When I do the $50/20x offers, I usually come out with 15,000 points. And yes it's 15 points per $1.

But what is the dollar amount attached to the 20x offer? Sometimes they are $50, sometimes $75. If $75, I come away with 22,500 points.
This was me early in the week. I was headed towards shoppers so did the $50/20x the points offer, and, even using my PCMC I earned ~17 000 Had I waited and spent another $10-12 the next day, I would have had 20 000. So, I could have waited and got another 3000 points. But it is all good. I got my necessary errand done and got what I needed.

@tinkerone I can't remember the last time my offer was $50/20X. It has been $75 for like at least 4 weeks now. Usually they throw in one of the higher thresholds once per month, one redemption offer, then the other two weeks are $50/20X.

I mean, I always manage to hit the $75, but still. Spending $50 is a lot easier sometimes when you might not need as much stuff in your pantry.

For me, the threshold is never difficult to reach. My struggle, these days, is visiting as few stores as possible. Max one store per week.

Shoppers has pantry/freezer/fridge staples, but no produce. So I can only go to the drug store when I have planned ahead with longer-lasting produce the week before, and stuck to my meal plan.

So points are still kind of taking a back seat for me. When I can go, I make sure to earn as many as possible, though!!

Saturday June 6th to Friday June 12
Buy any $50.00 Gift card
:Bass Pro
:Cabelas
:Uber
Or
:OLG gift cards
get 10,000 points.

Hugs Mel

Bottom of page 11
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10061/1362449?page=11
Interestingly enough, this does not show in my delivered flyer. I would love to get the OLG gift cards so I will have to just go over and see I guess. Thanks for posting because I would have never known. Now to see if it is my area.....

Saturday June 6th to Friday June 12
Buy any $50.00 Gift card
:Bass Pro
:Cabelas
:Uber
Or
:OLG gift cards
get 10,000 points.

Hugs Mel

Bottom of page 11
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10061/1362449?page=11
Thanks Mel...i was just lookong in our flyers here..and its missing that...so i hope that is good for the province..it should be..great timong as i need to buy for wirk this sat and that $300 worth if gift cards..nice

I am going to try a new Shoppers tomorrow morning ,,wish me luck.
The website says open at 8 am and I hope that is the true time.
They have self scan check-out! YEAH!!
All my offers saved and ready to go.
Thick slice PC raisin bread 600 PC points
No name yogurt 400 PC points
Salted PC butter 400 PC points
Mouthwash x2 2000 PC points
spend $50.00 get 20x points
see I am getting the hang of this:upsidedow

Hugs Mel

Sometimes you just have to stick to the tried and true.
Not a great shop,,very little stock and not overly helpful staff,although if I had to be working with the public right now I am not sure I would be either.
I think I will stick to my Shoppers that is close to home.
Hugs
Mel

Just back from Shoppers and report that the Lotto GC's did not produce a bonus for me. It was not in our flyer so I'm not really surprised but was hopeful. There was no signage at the store about a bonus points award for any GC's.
@bababear_50 my shoppers is usually quite friendly but I found this morning they were almost militant. There is one very nice older lady who works the cash mostly and she was barking out orders today. Anyways, sorry your shop did not go well.

Just back from Shoppers and report that the Lotto GC's did not produce a bonus for me. It was not in our flyer so I'm not really surprised but was hopeful. There was no signage at the store about a bonus points award for any GC's.
@bababear_50 my shoppers is usually quite friendly but I found this morning they were almost militant. There is one very nice older lady who works the cash mostly and she was barking out orders today. Anyways, sorry your shop did not go well.
Hi Tinkerone
I am sorry it didn't work,,is it possible to call PC to see if they would do a credit of the points due to it being advertised in their flyer?
Just a thought.
I have to admit having points in my account by the time I arrive home is way better than the airmiles system.I bought gas yesterday and by the time I got home the PC points were in my account,,wow!

Hugs
Mel

Hi Tinkerone
I am sorry it didn't work,,is it possible to call PC to see if they would do a credit of the points due to it being advertised in their flyer?
Just a thought.
I have to admit having points in my account by the time I arrive home is way better than the airmiles system.I bought gas yesterday and by the time I got home the PC points were in my account,,wow!

Hugs
Mel
That's the thing. While it did show in the Reebee flyer it did not show in our flyer so I'm wondering if it's a reginal thing and ours just doesn't happen to be the region. I suppose I could send a request but they normally look at anything over 5000 points very closely and I doubt it would go through but who knows.

ETA-I took a screen shot to keep and sent the request off anyways. We will see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
The last time I bought a gift card with bonus points the points came later....maybe 2 weeks later. Read the T&C.

I am thinking you will eventually get the points for the Gift cards
this is part of my email from them today.
Get 10,000 points* for every $50 you spend on Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Uber, or OLG Gift Cards.
Offer valid from Saturday June 6 to Friday June 12, 2020
* Spend $50 on any Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Uber or OLG gift cards before applicable taxes, and after redemptions and all coupons and discounts are deducted in a single transaction at any participating store location, and you will earn the points indicated. No adjustments on previous purchases. Product availability may vary by store. While supplies last. We reserve the right to limit quantities. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. No cash value. Minimum redemption 10,000 points. No rainchecks. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Gift cards cannot be used to purchase additional gift cards. Offer is subject to change or termination at any time without notice. No refunds on gift card purchases. Points cannot be redeemed on the purchase of lottery tickets or additional OLG gift cards. Please play responsibly. See in-store or visit pcoptimum.ca for full terms, conditions and redemption restrictions. Offer only valid until June 12, 2020. Please allow up to approximately 2-4 weeks for points to be posted to your valid PC Optimum account.

Last edited:
Is this new? I haven't seen that when I check out, but maybe I'm just missing it. With close to 400K points, it'd be nice to have a "free shop".

Hi Hon
I am too new to PC Optimum Points to know if it is new.
It was posted today in the news article though.
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter