PBR - 1st floor patio rooms?

coachYO & my 3 girls

Mouseketeer
We have a deluxe room for 4 nights in June. Do they have rooms with patios that you can sit out on and can use as an entrance to room? Are any near pool areas? What are anyones thoughts on these rooms? What should I be asking for to get one? Thanks, YO

:bounce: :Pinkbounc princess: princess:

Just got back from Portifino Bay Hotel and a Magic cruise. We had a first floor kids suite with french doors which opened up to a small enclosed reactangle. Loved it---thought I wouldn't when we first walked into it--but loved it. We were opposite the docks and down past the entrance doors. Room 1144 I think. Anyway, kept the doors open with the shears drawn during breakfast and felt totally at ease. Sat out on the ledge (as high as a typical park bench) to watch the fireworks at IOA. Couldn't see the low ones--but the high ones were good enough without the crowds. Man--they were short. You can't use them as entrances to your room unless you leave them open all the time. You can let people into your room from the outside which we did a couple of times.

DG

We had pool veiw patio rooms last Aug. You really couldn't see the pool through the trees and bushes and couldn't use the doors as another entrance unless you climbed through the srubs LOL.

We booked a deuxe room facing the villa pool. A ground floor patio room was assigned to us because it is pet friendly. We no longer are bringing a pet so my question is- Would you keep the ground floor room by the villa pool or request a different room? Perhaps higher up? Thanks ahead!

It's a toss up. I was a bit (who am I kidding, I was very) dissapointed with my patio rooms. I couldn't see the Villa pool through the trees and bushes, well I could see a little blue but that was it. The pros: It was nice to sit out in the morning with a cup of coffee. It turned out that our rooms were in a great location to the beach pool, we just walked out of our room and went out a door and down some stairs and it was a short walk from there.
So the next time I stay at PBH (were trying HRH this time) I will do my usual basic requests and not get too wound up in high expectations of the perfect room. The Deluxe rooms are beautiful so I would be happy just being in one at any loction of the hotel.

I'm getting the feeling that no one really liked the patio idea with a deluxe room. Anyone else out there have some thoughts?

Waht would be your request for the best deluxe room? What location and why?
Thanks, YO

I would keep any room with a patio, even if it is facing the Villa Pool. The grounds around the Villa pool are pretty -- while we were there, a bride had several pictures taken in the Villa pool area.

Remember that <10% of the rooms at the PBH have patios or balconies, so they are a hot commodity. If you've already been assinged a patio or balcony room, keep it!

Thanks for all the help everyone. We've decided against the patio room. Our children are older and so the quick entry to and from the pool won't matter with us so we're going with a higher floor. I guess it would also be nice for those with little ones if you wanted to sit outside after they've fallen asleep or to have a nice meal on. Anyway, thanks so much again.

Can I request a patio room at PBR or do I need to wait until I get there. We're planning on checking in by 10:00 am. Is this early enough? Where do I call to get one of these rooms? It would be nice for me and DW to hang out while DD snoozes in the afternoons. Thanks, YO

Call the hotel directly and ask to front desk to note in on your reservation. I know ours was pet-friendly room. I'm not sure if all patio rooms are for pet priority. I guess its easier for walking the dogs. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter