Paying with gift cards at restaurants -

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I have been stock piling disney gift cards (buying at a discount at target!) so i have a ton of $50 GC. I am wondering if there are any limits to the number of gift cards you can pay with at restaurants. We are a party of 3 but would imagine many of our TS meals will be in the $150 range so needing to use at least 3-4 gift cards -- should i bother combining them before my trip?

Don't bother you are fine. I used multiple gift cards at Disney restaurants last month and it wasn't an issue.

I paid with 2 GC when I just went but honestly think it's easier to combine a few. I did combine and it was easier to have 1 GC in my pocket versus multiple then when I had a few dollars left on one is when I brought 2 with me on a different occasion so that I could finish it off. I didn't want GC more than $200 as I was afraid of losing it.

It’s even easier to charge back to your rom and pay the hotel w the gift card
That is exactly what we do.

We went on one trip where we used the actual gift cards for everything.

Then we wised up and just charged everything to the room. Every other night we went down to the desk and paid off what was due. We kept track of what we spent. And now, I don't think we can ever go back.

Combine them all. Disney has a site for it and it keeps track of everything. I didn't to about 20-30 gc last year it took awhile but was nice only haveing 1 card to worry about.

Yep. Charge it to the room and pay that off with the gift cards. That was the best trick I ever did on my last trip. And I've NEVER charged to the room before!

Although if you can consolidate, I would. It will make life easier.

I combine them. I usually bring 3-4 cards with $900 on them and one with $0. I carry one with me and the rest go in the safe. Then, if I lose it, I can use my phone to transfer the balance to the zero balance card in the safe. I prefer to bring the card with me rather than charge to the room. Paying with a card is just as easy as scanning the MB. I don't want to have to go to the front desk every other day. I do setup charging privileges as a backup, though.

Charge to your room and pay it off at the desk.

I was once given back the wrong gift card by a server at a restaurant and didn’t realize it until later. I only lost about $5, so I didn’t worry about it, but I’ve never let a gift card go out of my sight since!

Never had a problem using multiple gift cards, our reward card, credit card or any combination of them.

I think its the smart way to go. I use gcs all the time and never had a problem.

If you charge restaurants to your band, how often do you have to go to the desk to pay it off before it gets charged to the credit card on file? I want to do this, but I don't want to worry about going to the desk every day, plus I'm doing a split stay.

Another vote for charging back to the room and then applying your gift cards to the room balance. It makes it easy if you're adding gratuity to your dining bill, rather than leaving cash. Its also very easy to keep track of your room charges through MDE now as well. We had $400 worth of gift cards on our last trip. We charged everything back to the room and once our room charges were over $400, we stopped by the front desk and had them apply all of our gift cards at once. They gave us a print out to confirm everything. We only had to stop at the front desk once and didn't have to worry about any remaining balances on the gift card.

Another vote for charging back to the room and then applying your gift cards to the room balance. It makes it easy if you're adding gratuity to your dining bill, rather than leaving cash. Its also very easy to keep track of your room charges through MDE now as well. We had $400 worth of gift cards on our last trip. We charged everything back to the room and once our room charges were over $400, we stopped by the front desk and had them apply all of our gift cards at once. They gave us a print out to confirm everything. We only had to stop at the front desk once and didn't have to worry about any remaining balances on the gift card.
This is such good advice!!! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter