Paying oop for some items w BOG pre order

mousehappync

Mouseketeer
First-- under the new rules it's "legal" to buy an adult CS meal for a child when using the DDP, correct? I was planning to have my children split the steak sandwich at lunch, as they haven't found anything on the children's menu that they like on past visits.

Second-- how hard is it to add an oop item if you pre-order? My oldest loves the leek and potato soup, and I'm hoping we can pre-order/pre-pay for that and use credits for our other meals.
Thanks!

This past May my boyfriend pre-ordered soup for his lunch. When we checked in and they scanned our band it showed up, so we used our dining credits and then paid for the soup separately. It was no problem at all.

That "new rule" has not materialized. The brochures still state "kid's must order from the kid's menu where available." YMMV

As for the soup, you may not have to pay OOP if there is an adult who either doesn't want their cupcake (I know, unlikely) or can drink water with their meal. You can substitute your dessert or drink entitlement for a side and we've had reports that you can get the soup at BoG for this substitution.

I pre-ordered 5 adult breakfasts. I have 4 adults and 1 child on my plan. I'll see how it works out next month.

Does anyone know if it is ok to sub a side item (soup?) for a drink at BOG for lunch? I've heard your can switch a side item for your drink or dessert, but I'm not sure what works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter