Paying off room balance with cash

Minkishly

Is it possible to pay off the room balance in cash instead of using a credit card? I do have a card I could use, but would rather not have to deal with credit card fees for currency exchange, lousy exchange rates etc etc.

To answer my own question:

It's possible to pay off all room charges in cash (both the room balance and all additional purchases charged to the room).

When we stayed at Pop, we headed down one night early to clear the charges (there wasn't a line since we were just back from MNSSHP). At AoA (checked out Aug 23), we asked to clear the charges when checking in. In both cases, we had no issues paying in cash.

ETA: We did do an online check-in for both, but had to collect our magic bands at the counter because I topped up for premium bands for both stays. I don't think it affects the ability to pay with cash either way, though.

Last edited:
I last did that at the disney hotel about 3 years ago.
I did that on the day before my last night there so it would not automatically go on my credit card.
(I had a cc on file)

On check out day, I asked them for a print out of my room stay to make sure I was paid in full for it.

Hopefully someone will post they are still allowing that, paying off the charges with cash.

I did that on the day before my last night there so it would not automatically go on my credit card.
(I had a cc on file)

On check out day, I asked them for a print out of my room stay to make sure I was paid in full for it.

Hopefully someone will post they are still allowing that, paying off the charges with cash.
Of course you can pay with cash. Room balance is due upon check in.

I guess I should have added that I did charge back to my room during the entire stay for food and merch.
Eating 2 sit down meals for 8 days and buying in the shops were charged back to my room.
That is what I paid in cash the night before I did check out from the hotel.

Didn't want it to go onto my cc.

Is it possible to pay off the room balance in cash instead of using a credit card? I do have a card I could use, but would rather not have to deal with credit card fees for currency exchange, lousy exchange rates etc etc.
If you have done online check in or have a credit crd saved in your profile, the balance is charged very early on check in morning, before you arrive. You can ask them to reverse it from the card and pay cash, but I'm not sure how that works with exchange rates.

I paid most (not all) of the balance due the night before checking out, since I didn't want all of it to go on my credit card, either. Balance was due to dining out and a little bit of shopping in the parks, of course.

To answer my own question:

It's possible to pay off all room charges in cash (both the room balance and all additional purchases charged to the room).

When we stayed at Pop, we headed down one night early to clear the charges (there wasn't a line since we were just back from MNSSHP). At AoA (checked out Aug 23), we asked to clear the charges when checking in. In both cases, we had no issues paying in cash.

ETA: We did do an online check-in for both, but had to collect our magic bands at the counter because I topped up for premium bands for both stays. I don't think it affects the ability to pay with cash either way, though.

We do this every time we go. We keep a credit card on file and use our magic bands throughout the trip. Then the day before we check out, we go to the front desk and pay the balance in cash. We get a copy of the receipt to keep to make sure the credit card is not charged. We have never had a problem doing this at Disney. Our most recent trip was in July.

(I had a cc on file)

Dont wait until the last day. Now, the charges run through on day 5 or midnight before check out day whichever comes first.

Dont wait until the last day. Now, the charges run through on day 5 or midnight before check out day whichever comes first.
Not sure if all resorts do that. i just spent a week at WL and I paid off the entire bill in cash the night before i checked out. My card had not been charged, except for a a $100 hold.

We do this every time we go. We keep a credit card on file and use our magic bands throughout the trip. Then the day before we check out, we go to the front desk and pay the balance in cash. We get a copy of the receipt to keep to make sure the credit card is not charged. We have never had a problem doing this at Disney. Our most recent trip was in July.
You will need to watch doing that now. The policy has changed. They will place a $100 hold on your card at check in. If you charge more than $100 to your band, it charges off to the card and another $100 hold goes on. Problem is, depending on CC company, it takes 2-5 days, sometimes more, for holds to clear so people are ending up with massive holds on their cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter