Paying off my trip with Disney Visa

Abra Cat

DIS Veteran
Hi all-- just a quick question. I've been slowly paying down my upcoming trip over the last several months. My balance is coming due, and I was considering putting the rest on my Disney Chase Visa. I know you get 6 months interest free by paying with your Disney Visa, but I was wondering if that would still apply to my paying the balance with it, as opposed to just paying for the trip outright when I purchased it. Anyone know? I'm debating which card to use in order to get the most points/perks. Thanks!

I believe it would. I use my Disney visa for everything and whenever I've paid off my trip I see at the bottom of my cc statement that x amount is subject to x interest rate if not paid by a certain date but the Disney portion is at 0%. I've never tried to take advantage of it though.

Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I believe it would. I use my Disney visa for everything and whenever I've paid off my trip I see at the bottom of my cc statement that x amount is subject to x interest rate if not paid by a certain date but the Disney portion is at 0%. I've never tried to take advantage of it though.

Update: I contacted Chase, and they said all components of the trip have to be paid for on the Disney Visa. So, that's a bummer.:(

Update: I contacted Chase, and they said all components of the trip have to be paid for on the Disney Visa. So, that's a bummer.:(

Not sure if I follow. Let's say you have a balance of $3000. If you go onto the MDE website you can choose to apply a payment using whatever card you wish, as long as it's valid. There is a minimum payment. So as long as you hit that, you can for example, put 50% of the remaining balance on Card A, disney visa, and 50% on card B, chase sapphire reserve if you want to. The same would likely apply if you were phoning your TA or WDTC directly. Whatever the amount applied to the Disney Visa will be 0% for 6 months. Chase would have no way of knowing what your total vacation balance would be.

I just pulled up my cc statement. My $200 deposits show 0% interest and my partial payments from my Sept trip that I paid earlier in the summer still show as 0% til six months from when I paid them. I pay my cc off in full each month so it's odd they are still listed but I think any Disney travel co charge will automatically give you the six months at 0%.

Roxyfire is right, how would Chase know what your actual trip cost is? Any package amount charged qualifies for the zero interest rate. Perhaps the person you spoke to at Chase meant that for the entire trip to be interest free you would have to charge all of it to your Disney Visa card.

Sometimes I swear phone agents (for everywhere) do not actually answer the exact question you ask them! Several times I have had to rephrase my question to make sure they understand what I am asking. Seems they have a few stock answers for most questions. Of course they WANT you to charge your entire trip on their card so they get their fee from the merchant which is a % of the charged amount, but they have no way of knowing if you do or not.

We paid our deposit and several payments with gift cards. When I saw the $200 gift card offer, I applied and paid off the last $700 with the card. All $700 is on zero interest until early next year (and we leave tomorrow!)

I'm 99% sure they told you the wrong thing. Any charge that I've ever put on my Disney Visa that was charged directly through a resort or the resort reservation system received the promo rate. That even includes a $138.00 charge for the Fantasmic dessert party that they used to do at Disneyland.

Possibly what they meant was you must have a package (and therefore include multiple components of your trip) as opposed to a room-only. The 0% financing offer is only valid on packages, not room-only and separate ticket purchases. I also believe there is a minimum payment required of at least $100. You do not need to pay the full package amount with the Disney Visa, any payment towards your package will qualify; as a PP mentions, you'll have different 0% expiration dates if you make multiple payments. Some packages booked through a TA may not qualify; your TA will be able to let you know.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter